Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted

Typical weekend weather again ,  ie crap, 

relentless featureless grey skies and wet at times   like most weekends since the summer began 

oh look,  the sun might come back, during the working week ,  as usual

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 21/08/2021 at 13:11, markyo said:

but for the UK as a whole not the horror show so many are painting.

I haven't seen anyone saying the Summer for the UK as whole has been a horror show?!

The complaints have been from members in areas that have seen a poor Summer.

ie here. 200% of average rainfall by the middle of July, and that goes for inland areas as well.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.
On 21/08/2021 at 13:11, markyo said:

Hand on my heart with the travelling i do for work i would say 75% of the UK has had reasonable summer, not a great one i admit if prolonged heat is your love but for the UK as a whole not the horror show so many are painting.

I've certainly enjoyed it, apart from that very hot week which was unbearable.

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, simshady said:

Lol, which means it’s been a terrible summer for most of us who enjoy long warm sunny days with little cloudy and only smaller spells of rain.

This poor weather hasn’t been confined to the U.K. most of Northern Europe has been a cloud fest. Latvia had hot weather in June and July, but august has been predominantly unsettled. I was over there at the start of august, and we managed a few days of warm temps with 25c, but we didn’t manage a full day of wall to wall sunshine. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

That is probably true but a lot of the UK has had a decent if average summer, no horror show, rain below average, sunshine average. So overall not a bad summer away from the south coastal areas which is the inverse of most summers, that's the only reason so many are complaining i suspect

It hasn’t been a decent summer,  maybe for those who think 19-22c is acceptable, with little to no sunshine and hardly any days of 25c or above.

I agree with the poster who said it must have been a waste of money for people to have a staycation here, having to sit in a hotel, guest house or grubby caravan, because it’s raining or too cold for the beach. 

I would take 35-40c in Portugal, Spain or Italy for a week or two over this pile of rubbish.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

I haven't seen anyone saying the Summer for the UK as whole has been a horror show?!

Well we must be reading different threads then!

• Like 4

Posted
13 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

it hasn’t been a decent summer,  maybe for those who think 19-22c is acceptable, with little to no sunshine and hardly any days of 25c or above.

Again in your area probably not...but the UK extends far wider than London don't forget

• Like 5

Posted
37 minutes ago, simshady said:

I agree, that week on my travels every single person was saying the say thing, heat and humidity was not liked as far as the folk i meet with. And that experience covered approx 2/3rds of England and Wales. Can't comment on Scotland as i wasn't there.

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

Again in your area probably not...but the UK extends far wider than London don't forget

as you seem to travel around a lot maybe thats why you do not have the same impression of this summer as most of us have who have not had the luxury of travelling around

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

as you seem to travel around a lot maybe thats why you do not have the same impression of this summer as most of us have who have not had the luxury of travelling around

It gives me a broader picture though

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, markyo said:

I’m aware of that. But the southern region has a bigger population. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, markyo said:

I agree, that week on my travels every single person was saying the say thing, heat and humidity was not liked as far as the folk i meet with. And that experience covered approx 2/3rds of England and Wales. Can't comment on Scotland as i wasn't there.

They must be people who live unhealthy lives, if they can’t stand a few days of 27-32c.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

They must be people who live unhealthy lives, if they can’t stand a few days of 27-32c.

Nope you've lost me totally. "they can't stand" ? Its a preference not a who can stand the heat the best competition!! 

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, markyo said:

Nope you've lost me totally. "they can't stand" ? Its a preference not a who can stand the heat the best competition!! 

That’s not what I hear when people say they can’t handle the cold in winter. We get the usual ‘you must see a doctor’ type comment.  

Posted
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

That’s not what I hear when people say they can’t handle the cold in winter. We get the usual ‘you must see a doctor’ type comment.  

Well that is just as wrong!! Its a preference...nothing else. Unless it becomes a extreme(heat or cold) then its different. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

It's been a fairly average summer up here. Warm spell last month where it was was 22-27C and sunny every day for about 2 weeks. Other than that it's the typical odd sunny spells and often cloudy days with temps around 18-20C. It hasn't been overly cool but no real very warm days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
23 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Well, provided I have enough water, I can work in 32C, no problem. But, I much prefer it when it's 22!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.
On 21/08/2021 at 15:09, Sunny76 said:

Lol, which means it’s been a terrible summer for most of us who enjoy long warm sunny days with little cloudy and only smaller spells of rain.

This poor weather hasn’t been confined to the U.K. most of Northern Europe has been a cloud fest. Latvia had hot weather in June and July, but august has been predominantly unsettled. I was over there at the start of august, and we managed a few days of warm temps with 25c, but we didn’t manage a full day of wall to wall sunshine. 

I feel sorry for you, I really do, but you have to face the fact that the U.K. isn't southern France or Spain. This is the weather we get and there's no point in crying over it. It just is. There's always next summer, lol.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

It's a good job were all different, Christ wouldn't it be boring otherwise, And that goes for the weather to...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Have to say this is one judgemental bigoted comment.  Not liking being cooked alive or burnt to a frazzle by the heat and sun does not automatically = unhealthy people or unhealthy life styles.  Mums friend is in end stage heart failure on piped oxygen in his home.  He’d have something very terse to say to you about that comment I am sure…… he found the heat very difficult to cope with.

Edited by Snowycat
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I think some of you need a refresher of the forum guidelines..

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

• Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

It hasn’t been a decent summer,  maybe for those who think 19-22c is acceptable, with little to no sunshine and hardly any days of 25c or above.

I agree with the poster who said it must have been a waste of money for people to have a staycation here, having to sit in a hotel, guest house or grubby caravan, because it’s raining or too cold for the beach. 

I would take 35-40c in Portugal, Spain or Italy for a week or two over this pile of rubbish.

That's normal here, and it has been like that most days.
We usually only get 2 or 3 days between 25C and 30C typically in July, most days about 18-20C is the comfortable maximum

• Like 1

Posted

For me it's about having something seasonal for the majority of the summer months some of us wait patiently for each year, so bags of sunshine, 24 degrees upwards, a few days of a decent heatwave. Anything other than just a mirror image of the boring, grey, mild tosh we have to endure for what now seems to be 80-90% of the year. Everything just looks and feels so much better when the sun's out and it feels pleasantly warm. 

And FWIW, everyone I've spoken to hates the pale imitation of summer we've had this year 

Edited by Mac_SE
  • Like 3

Posted
40 minutes ago, Mac_SE said:

For me it's about having something seasonal for the majority of the summer months some of us wait patiently for each year, so bags of sunshine, 24 degrees upwards, a few days of a decent heatwave. Anything other than just a mirror image of the boring, grey, mild tosh we have to endure for what now seems to be 80-90% of the year. Everything just looks and feels so much better when the sun's out and it feels pleasantly warm. 

And FWIW, everyone I've spoken to hates the pale imitation of summer we've had this year 

No one I have spoken to has been in celebratory mode regarding this 'summer'. Take out the one week in July and it has been basically dross apart from the first 2 weeks of June.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I don’t think anyone in southern England would say this has been a good summer…it’s been one of the worst In living memory, shocking 

• Like 5