Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Here in Essex the weather has not been at its summer best this year. Even when most of the rest of the country are enjoying decent weather we have been plagued with cloud. Yesterday we went to Clacton on Sea and it was cloudy until about 6 pm and very breezy. We had a couple of heavy showers whilst on the beach and got drenched to the skin. The weather forecast on my phone app stated cloudy with a little drizzle, but it was a lot worse than that,

Even today sun is in very short supply. It will be interesting at the end of the summer to hear what our sunshine levels compared to other years along with rainfall totals. 

After all this rubbish we will probably have a decent autumn now. Here's hopingt.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool, cold, snow and blizzards.

Cloudy and much cooler feel to things today, which is nice.  Still able to get the back lawn done since it's been quite dry, and with the cloud cover and cool breeze I didn't even break out into a sweat.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 hours ago, Simon M said:

Cloudy and much cooler feel to things today, which is nice.  Still able to get the back lawn done since it's been quite dry, and with the cloud cover and cool breeze I didn't even break out into a sweat.

You can certainly get more done more comfortably in this type of weather than 25 to 30c heat! Becoming a really good bank holiday for all those out door jobs!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Just now, markyo said:

You can certainly get more done more comfortably in this type of weather than 25 to 30c heat! Becoming a really good bank holiday for all those out door jobs!

Indeed. And I've got five days' outdoor weeding to do, over the next two weeks: so some cloud, some sunshine, temps between 17 and 21C should be ideal!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

I'm so glad I can now join the others that have posted that they're having great weather this year. Another perfect and very warm/hot day. Cloud so close again from inland Devon but isn't affecting the south Devon coast.

Torquay Land Train.jpg

Torquay big wheel and palms.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
34 minutes ago, TQWX said:

I'm so glad I can now join the others that have posted that they're having great weather this year. Another perfect and very warm/hot day. Cloud so close again from inland Devon but isn't affecting the south Devon coast.

Torquay Land Train.jpg

Great to see the SW enjoying the spoils of the position of the high; looks lovely.

Threatened to get some sun just now but the omnipresent cloud has thickened again.

• Like 1

Posted

Summer 2021 is over as far as I’m concerned. It’s a pitiful 17c here with a chilly breeze. Can’t sit outside at my mums place. We spent the afternoon indoors. Too cold and it’s late august.

What a dreadful summer this has been. Hardly any sunshine either. 

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Summer 2021 is over as far as I’m concerned. It’s a pitiful 17c here with a chilly breeze. Can’t sit outside at my mums place. We spent the afternoon indoors. Too cold and it’s late august.

And confirmation I haven’t found it cool/cold in slightest btw just far too much cloud.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

And confirmation I haven’t found it cool/cold in slightest btw just far too much cloud.

Everyone is different, and there have been days where it has felt humid, but the lack of sunshine has made it feel quite depressing and not really summery. 

As I post this, my feet feel cold. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TQWX said:

Torquay Land Train.jpg

Looks beautiful down there. My sister was down in Devon last week, and she had it nice as well. Meanwhile here in the London area, it's the same day on bloody repeat again. Cold, grey muck. Awful summer. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Agree. Kids haven't had the paddling pool out ONCE. Absolutely dreadful. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SunSean said:

Here are a few more stats of terror to sum up Spring/Summer 2021 in the London area-

May 8th- May 29th (Only 4 days out of 22 with 6+ hours of sunshine)

June 17th- July 13th (Only 2 days out of 27 with 6+ hours of sunshine)

July 24th- August 28th- and counting (Only 4 days out of 36 with 6+ hours of sunshine)

some perspective-

January 2012 had 7 days out of 31 with over 6+ hours of sunshine

Even if you add the spells from June 17th- July 13th and July 24th- August 28th (a total of 63 days) January 2012 still had more days over 6+ hours sunshine!!!!

Shocking. Can global warming come back, and climate change go away please?. 

• Like 4

Posted

According to the BBC app (don't laugh!) I'll no' be seeing any sunshine until the sixth of September!

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Bigdaddydave51 said:

Wow, just for a change a cold, cloudy summers day!.No 5,950.Im 52,and this has to be the coldest, greyest, most miserable summer for a very long time here in the London area. And looking at this coming week, more of the same. Yuk!. 

This definitely challenges 1980 for the amount of dull dreary days. That was a poor summer in London. More recently, 2011 and 12 were just as bad. 

Posted

Closing windows, and the room temp is now 18c, which means the flat is now starting to feel cold. 

If the daytime max starts dropping below 18c, the heating is going to start coming on. The flat we live in becomes like an ice box, because it’s north facing. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Bigdaddydave51 said:

Looks beautiful down there. My sister was down in Devon last week, and she had it nice as well. Meanwhile here in the London area, it's the same day on bloody repeat again. Cold, grey muck. Awful summer. 

We have a friend who said the weather was nice and warm last august bank holiday,  but she was shocked when I said we were shivering in Reading last august bank holiday. Just goes to show what 100 miles or more difference makes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

According to the BBC app (don't laugh!) I'll no' be seeing any sunshine until the sixth of September!

Coming up to Norfolk for a break for 4 days  from the 6th , A bit of sunshine would be just the job Pete. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, 78/79 said:

Coming up to Norfolk for a break for 4 days  from the 6th , A bit of sunshine would be just the job Pete. 

Norfolk & chance!

• Like 1

Posted

Anyway, it might be cold and chilly for late august, but I’m sitting down to watch Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom on film4. Didn’t even realise it was coming on. 

• Like 2

Posted

Weird sort of day. A few sunny spells until about 5pm when the cloud rolled back in. And quite chilly really under cloud. Just absolutely delighted we actually achieved a weekend which was dry and fairly pleasant. So not a classic, but given the non event of a summer (give or take about 3 and a half weeks) there is no need to complain.