Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

For my location today feels like that July warm spell, sunny and around 23-24c, felt hot in the sun on my walk just now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
3 hours ago, Scorcher said:

Yes the satellite looks good- should be sunny for at least a few hours I'd say.

Almost, it is clouding over again, not enough to block the sun completely (yet).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Well, it reached 28°C today! 

In Iceland, that is. Here, we barely limped to 19.7°C with low cloud building back in again after a few minutes of weak sun. Phwoar.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Summer of 95 said:

It's trying to come out, maybe had about 5 minutes of sunshine so far. Still 7/8 overcast though

filth partially broke up!  but rolled back in which is unusual, as 5pm onwards its normally fully lifted ,definitely worse this time of year, April normally lifts around midday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
51 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

18c here in the unrelenting gloom. There was a very brief day of sunshine at 4.23pm. By 4.24pm it was gone again. The dark grey and drizzle is now just light grey.

It does seem the midlands have been unlucky with the cloud amounts this week.  Yesterday we drove from Scotland back home, and was sunny up north, but between about Manchester and Warwick it was gloomy and autumnal, before breaking to sunshine again further south.

I think more of the country is joining you with the cloud in the next few days though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Godawful here today. Same again tomorrow before it hopefully brightens up a bit into the weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Talk about cloud roulette, left st neots this morning in drizzle and most of the journey was like that, arrived in London to bright sunshine, was almost hot and I got burnt at lunchtime on the office terrace and now as soon as leaving the smoke its blankets of clouds again and back to autumn!! The attachment says it all!

Screenshot_20210825-183914_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by James1979

Posted
22 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Godawful here today. Same again tomorrow before it hopefully brightens up a bit into the weekend!

It doesn't help the mood when Thomas Shaker-maker keeps popping up on the BBC with a massive picture of pure blue sky in the background and some obscure village in the Highlands got to 81F. Meanwhile we have had 2 full days of gloom, drizzle and 64F. Although  the sun has finally made a full appearance at 17.35. Only for the grey gloom to roll back in again now 18.30. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

A rare sunny and pleasantly warm day in London ☀️ but with the sunset now at 8pm and a evening chill developing.. it feels like summer 2021 is coming to an end. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Cannot complain here today,after a week of garbage its been mainly sunny and dry.

Posted
8 hours ago, Thundery wintry showers said:

Looks like patches of drizzle heading inland from the North Sea judging by the radar.  I don't know why it's mainly affecting Lincolnshire and not other eastern areas, but it's surprising how widespread the cloud cover is considering that high pressure is sat on top of the country.  I'd been expecting this sort of weather to arrive on Thursday/Friday when eastern locations will pick up more of a northerly flow.

Cheers. Considering we’re under HP, it has been truly miserable this week, other than a few hours on Tuesday. 

In keeping with the rest of the summer in these parts I suppose. 

Posted
6 hours ago, Freeze said:

For my location today feels like that July warm spell, sunny and around 23-24c, felt hot in the sun on my walk just now.

Certainly not the same feel as late July here. Temps 22 degrees, back in late July we regularly hit 26-28 degrees and nights we much warmer. It doesn't have the same oppressive feel. Completely different!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

The satellite earlier showing the Midlands being engulfed with clouds. Temperatures barely lifted above 18C here with almost no sunshine whatsoever, which is not impressive by any means.

Capture.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
3 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

It doesn't help the mood when Thomas Shaker-maker keeps popping up on the BBC with a massive picture of pure blue sky in the background and some obscure village in the Highlands got to 81F. Meanwhile we have had 2 full days of gloom, drizzle and 64F. Although  the sun has finally made a full appearance at 17.35. Only for the grey gloom to roll back in again now 18.30. 

Ironic someone complaining the highlands getting a notable mention on the weather forecast given the amount of complaining about southern-centric bias. Again, it is another one of those dumb weather setups where to get a taste of summer I have to travel 400 miles north.

Posted

We've had a decent week so far down here in Reading but are expecting the gloom to arrive tomorrow. August has so far been colder and duller than average here with near normal rainfall - even with a decent end to this month the summer will go down as a poor one in the south. I'd give it 4/10, arguably the worst since 2012.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
33 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Certainly not the same feel as late July here. Temps 22 degrees, back in late July we regularly hit 26-28 degrees and nights we much warmer. It doesn't have the same oppressive feel. Completely different!

The July spell was tempered a lot here due to southerly seabreezes so my max during that spell was 26c and most of the time hovered around 23-24c. It was maybe a little more humid then but not too much difference in feel today here really.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
On 25/08/2021 at 20:32, HellItsHot said:

Cheers. Considering we’re under HP, it has been truly miserable this week, other than a few hours on Tuesday. 

In keeping with the rest of the summer in these parts I suppose. 

Monday was a sunny day here.  It rather lulled me into a false sense of security, I thought it would stay that way until the next batch of cloud came along on Thursday/Friday, but as it stands it looks like it could be a substantial spell of dry cloudy weather.  Chances of something brighter over the weekend, but we still keep that NE wind which means there are no guarantees.

Posted

Maximum of 26C and sunshine all day today and it is going to be sunny again tomorrow but more like 21C , which is a little more pleasant for me

That’s a lot of cloud! Doesn’t look particularly thin either. 

B44DF718-B801-4490-8E0E-B64FFCBEF391.thumb.jpeg.84149bb62fd54c13f902a7653aa4797c.jpeg

Does any where else in the world get such rubbish high pressure weather? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
4 minutes ago, Alderc said:

That’s a lot of cloud! Doesn’t look particularly thin either. 

B44DF718-B801-4490-8E0E-B64FFCBEF391.thumb.jpeg.84149bb62fd54c13f902a7653aa4797c.jpeg

Does any where else in the world get such rubbish high pressure weather? 

Was saying this the other day - literally doesn't seem to matter what time of the year we get anything from the east, it's just horrid.

image.thumb.png.5c56eb18fa30384f9289435e59c7aafd.pngimage.thumb.png.5c1775988547420df75db8c9a08fc333.png

We've been lacking a lot of more typical summer charts like this one in 2021. Everything this year is just W/NW/N/NE.

9 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Was saying this the other day - literally doesn't seem to matter what time of the year we get anything from the east, it's just horrid.

image.thumb.png.5c56eb18fa30384f9289435e59c7aafd.pngimage.thumb.png.5c1775988547420df75db8c9a08fc333.png

We've been lacking a lot of more typical summer charts like this one in 2021. Everything this year is just W/NW/N/NE.

Yes, only really about 2 weeks since April of stuff from the south. Those charts would be awesome for my golf weekend in Nottinghamshire. Should hold off the Atlantic just about until Sunday evening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Unlikely to hit 20C today or tomorrow either...