Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
7 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Ah lovely. You just can't beat it. 

As Summer trundles towards it's end the prospect of the best season of the year approaches.  Also good to see the chances of a bad plume event are slowly being chipped away before the end of August.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
28 minutes ago, markyo said:

As Summer trundles towards it's end the prospect of the best season of the year approaches.  Also good to see the chances of a bad plume event are slowly being chipped away before the end of August.

Are they? The anomalies and means say otherwise. Could be a nice few weeks of warm sunshine and some thunderstorms to enjoy. Hopefully a sunny and warm autumn to come, too ??

• Like 2

Posted
33 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Are they? The anomalies and means say otherwise. Could be a nice few weeks of warm sunshine and some thunderstorms to enjoy. Hopefully a sunny and warm autumn to come, too ??

I think we are owed one after spring 2021 was merely an extension of winter. I see the BBC has now changed next weekend from 23c and sunny to two days with black cloud and rain symbols. It's getting beyond a joke now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I think we are owed one after spring 2021 was merely an extension of winter. I see the BBC has now changed next weekend from 23c and sunny to two days with black cloud and rain symbols. It's getting beyond a joke now. 

Any warmup looks precariously balanced. Anything from a washout and low pressure barrelling in as per ECM to brief warm up looks possible next weekend. I think the chances of any warmup for more than 3 or 4days look highly unlikely. I just hope when autumn and winter come they are kind. Not to many bad windstorms or big freezes. Mild and mainly sunny with a spattering of rain please. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
19 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Not been great for much of the southern half of the UK, like you say it comes after a very cold spring. A warm, sunny, foggy by night September and October would be some recompense, at least. 

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

We shall see, we shall see....old mother nature will keeps us waiting what ever, that's what makes weather so interesting! I'll keep praying anyway! Warm low 20's fine, uncomfortable 25c plus plume with humidity it brings not so good.  Autumn is certainly my season, just feels so right with the temps and light levels. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, markyo said:

We shall see, we shall see....old mother nature will keeps us waiting what ever, that's what makes weather so interesting! I'll keep praying anyway! Warm low 20's fine, uncomfortable 25c plus plume with humidity it brings not so good.  Autumn is certainly my season, just feels so right with the temps and light levels. 

No need to wait for autumn, it’s here now, temp down it 16.7C in another drenching shower. It’s a dire afternoon. I didn’t know so much rain could fall from such small radar returns. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Another dreadful summers day here to match a awful summer . Paddling pool redundant this year 

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

It’s been autumn in the south since May lol, you must be ecstatic  

Posted
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s been autumn in the south since May lol, you must be ecstatic  

...you forget the light levels. Also Autumn in the South equates to a normal UK Summer in the North! 

Posted

Going to be a forgettable august this year,although most august`s are,last years wasn t though with those exceptional thunderstorms and heatwave.2004 was another eceptional august for thunderstorm activity and a diving jetstream bringing chaos to parts of the country with flash floods.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

I'm a actually wishing 'summer' would just go now because it has been rubbish. Apart from the first 2 weeks of June and a week and an half in July. At least when it is wind and rain in autumn and winter I don't get so fed up about it!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
5 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I'm a actually wishing 'summer' would just go now because it has been rubbish. Apart from the first 2 weeks of June and a week and an half in July. At least when it is wind and rain in autumn and winter I don't get so fed up about it!  

If this dull benign August continues, more prolonged dull weather of any sort in the autumn will be that bit more depressing.

Praying for some hurricane activity to shove a high over us in September and October with long spells of sunshine and lingering warmth.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

If this dull benign August continues, more prolonged dull weather of any sort in the autumn will be that bit more depressing.

Praying for some hurricane activity to shove a high over us in September and October with long spells of sunshine and lingering warmth.

Well that would be nice.....

Posted

A win for Matt Hugo then.

A couple of weeks back he was saying the teleconnections showed unsettled for mid month whilst the Met office were going for settled.

Looks rubbish next week now and models getting it wrong too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Today has been great for night shift sleeping. Says it all!

Well as I said in July, August looked terrible and the pattern suggested it would last throughout - which now looks odds on. 

I fear a long drawn out cloud fest coming with little sunshine for a large swathe of the UK. September doesn't look much better either with the pattern spiralling on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, DCee said:

Well as I said in July, August looked terrible and the pattern suggested it would last throughout - which now looks odds on. 

I fear a long drawn out cloud fest coming with little sunshine for a large swathe of the UK. September doesn't look much better either with the pattern spiralling on.

2 horrible days to come here, Cambridge okay though, not affected by Cheshire Gap wetness

Posted
On 15/08/2021 at 17:47, mountain shadow said:

A win for Matt Hugo then.

A couple of weeks back he was saying the teleconnections showed unsettled for mid month whilst the Met office were going for settled.

Looks rubbish next week now and models getting it wrong too.

Good call from MH, he obviously has a good understanding of the teleconnections , better than keep updating with jam tomorrow forecasts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
4 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yes there forecasts are certainly beyond a joke..they must be reading my posts on the mod thread  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
4 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Good call from MH, he obviously has a good understanding of the teleconnections , better than keep updating with jam tomorrow forecasts.

What,and you reckon the met have a poor understanding of em! Pull the other one.

• Like 1

Posted

I’ll be glad when summer is over to be honest. Not only has it been extremely sterile for the most part, but it’ll (hopefully) stop people from posting 10+ Day fl charts which rarely seem to materialise. 

Unpopular opinion but I’m looking forward to a good wind storm, to blow to cobwebs away. 

• Like 2