Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
12 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

It's interesting how this can be the worst since 2012 for some in the south as a marker of just how consistently decent summers in the south usually are.

Up here I don't view the summer as anything special (fairly sunny and average otherwise) but there have been far worse and better summers. Notably 2015 and 2017 were much worse than this year (albeit I actually like summers that end in July).

Is it really? 300mm in my part of London since start of summer. Tonnes of overcast days and I mean type with absolutely no sunshine in 2nd half of June we had 5 days in a row with 0 hours unheard of anytime of year many days the sun has appeared near end of day, cruel, monthly stats are totally misrepresenting with near average sunshine supposedly. Tragic summer really those up north would probably rate it, but we have higher standards down here. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted

August so far bar 3/4 good days. has been poor but June and July were pretty decent up north. Its not a matter of better standards down south its a matter the south being stuck under a low thats hovered over northern France. Not wet down there just very cloudy. This  has been the best summer since 2018 here. Looking good  need week for a long settled spell with warmer temperatures.Personally i would take this kind of summer every year.been far to many poorish summers in the last decade.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

So for yet another weekend here In Mid Norfolk we start on a cloudy note yet again, since May I think we have had 80% of the weekends here cloudy with only occasional sunny spells appearing.. However not been cold at all and would be interesting to know how the night temperatures have average out for the last 4 months. Obviously due to all this cloud it’s kept the nights very mild. Let’s all hope for a cracking end to summer and September. 

We definitely paid for it this year after 3 months of clear blue sky April May and most of June last year .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.
19 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

It's interesting how this can be the worst since 2012 for some in the south as a marker of just how consistently decent summers in the south usually are.

Up here I don't view the summer as anything special (fairly sunny and average otherwise) but there have been far worse and better summers. Notably 2015 and 2017 were much worse than this year (albeit I actually like summers that end in July).

Yes - clearly big local variations. Here also a pretty average to decent summer. Yesterday was sunny and warm at around 23 degrees with a bit of cloud and breeze but perfectly fine. Sunny lunch in the garden, same for tea. Day before was similar but without the wind. Today has started cloudy and might possibly remain so, but it is warm and dry. Many days since rain of any kind seen here. I wouldn't claim it has been a "good" summer because high pressure has not dominated and fronts have continued to arrive from the NW but far from a "bad" one.

At least around here. Back to where this started - clearly big local variations. The joy (and frustration) of weather lovers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Its Saturday, its warm and sunny, albeit abit breezy,

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
21 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Its Saturday, its warm and sunny, albeit abit breezy,

Perfect...again!

• Like 1

Posted

It's alright down here for a change Fred! Ok now what I would call summer but meh its useable. 22c cloud and sun. Off to do some maintenence on the chicken run!

• Like 2

Posted
On 14/08/2021 at 03:26, Daniel* said:

Is it really? 300mm in my part of London since start of summer. Tonnes of overcast days and I mean type with absolutely no sunshine in 2nd half of June we had 5 days in a row with 0 hours unheard of anytime of year many days the sun has appeared near end of day, cruel, monthly stats are totally misrepresenting with near average sunshine supposedly. Tragic summer really those up north would probably rate it, but we have higher standards down here. 

Actually, 300mm in summer and five consecutive June days without sunshine would be considered awful in many parts of the north too.

Posted

As soon as the working week gets underway the weather goes sunny again , then when Saturdays arrive again guaranteed uniform grey skies and drizzle , without fail.      

How do you block people on here? I find Jon Snow on the model thread a little repetitive but most of all wrong, too much scrolling for insights.

Posted
53 minutes ago, DCee said:

How do you block people on here? I find Jon Snow on the model thread a little repetitive but most of all wrong, too much scrolling for insights.

Hover over the persons name, and there is an 'ignore' within that popup. 

Posted

The day started off slightly cloudy, but with more sunshine breaking through around 10.30, and the day has improved with more warm sunshine breaking through. Lifted the temps into the mid 20s.

Was feeling hot on my long walk from elephant and castle to Ealing. Took me 3 and half hours. I filmed some clips on the way to document the walk.

Feel worn out now, but the weather held up perfectly for the walk. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely day here, got up to 30°C and sunny, proper summer. Had some nice skies yesterday evening 

19BE4038-C5D1-4C26-8152-89378695864A.jpeg

3F43BA03-D470-44CC-A31E-CD384F67A974.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Lovely day here, got up to 30°C and sunny, proper summer. Had some nice skies yesterday evening 

19BE4038-C5D1-4C26-8152-89378695864A.jpeg

3F43BA03-D470-44CC-A31E-CD384F67A974.jpeg

I can’t complain about today,  but I would love a week or so of high 20s, 27-32c type weather for august. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Roll on September and Autumn, had my fill of this miserable apology for a Summer now, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The next week just looks to be unrelenting "meh". Dreary, occasional drizzle, temperatures average by day and muggy by night. Agree with the above, bring on Autumn.

• Like 1

Posted

August been fairly average in Belfast but we've had a lot worse summer weather.

But then a historic July heatwave and a dry and sunny June mean this summer has been a vintage one already .

• Like 2

Posted

Lol you’ve got to laugh, I had a choice a few weeks ago of having this coming week off, or the week after. I picked this week - looks like we could get a plume the week after. Great stuff. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Whilst I would like to see a hot spell (as long as it isn't too oppressive) with widespread thunderstorms before the summer is out, I too am ready for September and autumn to arrive now, and I normally do feel this way at around this point in August. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the calm and warm partly cloudy days we have had in my neck of the woods during the summer, but I feel as if I'm ready for the season of mellowness, foggy mornings and the beautiful autumn colours now.

• Like 8

Posted
57 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Whilst I would like to see a hot spell (as long as it isn't too oppressive) with widespread thunderstorms before the summer is out, I too am ready for September and autumn to arrive now, and I normally do feel this way at around this point in August. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the calm and warm partly cloudy days we have had in my neck of the woods during the summer, but I feel as if I'm ready for the season of mellowness, foggy mornings and the beautiful autumn colours now.

I agree. My personal hate is too hot as this just exasperates my anxiety. Autumn has a gorgeous mixtures If woody smells bonfires etc. Yes, atmospheric!!  

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
6 minutes ago, PiscesStar said:

I agree. My personal hate is too hot as this just exasperates my anxiety. Autumn has a gorgeous mixtures If woody smells bonfires etc. Yes, atmospheric!!  

Ah lovely. You just can't beat it. 

• Like 2

Posted

Vast improvement yesterday with warm sunshine, and a balmy evening - the best Saturday we’ve had in ages. We finally had the garden based BBQ we’ve been putting off since early June. Hooray! 

• Thanks 1