Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

1 minute ago, markyo said:

Poor weather is a severe heatwave for goodness sake!! What else is it? Your post doesn't make sense

I do wonder how some of the people on this forum even survive the warmth of their own homes without collapsing and they seem to lack the complete comprehension that we live in a cold, damp climate and that there in fact people who can thrive in warmer temperatures while struggling in cold (which as we keep saying dominates the climate) 

Posted
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

I suspect you have a medical issue with your feet then, not being funny in any way, far from it. But that sounds wrong.

No. I can just feel the chill creeping up my leg above the ankle. It is not warm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

No. I can just feel the chill creeping up my leg above the ankle. It is not warm. 

be warmer in 6 months, don't panic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, markyo said:

I suspect you have a medical issue with your feet then, not being funny in any way, far from it. But that sounds wrong.

No, again! You are not listening! I’ve had my heating on today! That does mean I have a medical problem, In fact I’m easily inside the fittest, strongest and healthiest 1% of the entire population, probably, top 0.1% for over 40s I (and a lot of other people) just don’t like the cold. 

Edited by Alderc

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Yes. December normally delivers warmth. I remember that place in Eastern Scotland got to 19c due to the Fohn effect or whatever it is. BRING ON DECEMBER !!!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yes. December normally delivers warmth. I remember that place in Eastern Scotland got to 19c due to the Fohn effect or whatever it is. BRING ON DECEMBER !!!

Dec and Jan are dominated by the Atlantic, but with much stronger jet, so hopefully rain moves through quicker, July and Aug tend to be wetter due to weaker jet and convective showers

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

No, again! You are not listening! I’ve had my heating on today! I’m not unwell, I’m fact I’m easily inside the fittest, strongest and healthiest 1% of the entire population, probably, top 0.1% for over 40s I (and a lot of other people) just don’t like the cold. 

You've totally lost me there with that post, it's so obvious that any bodies view apart from yours's is wrong in your eyes. Your hostility just makes this so obvious.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
8 minutes ago, markyo said:

You've totally lost me there with that post, it's so obvious that any bodies view apart from yours's is wrong in your eyes. Your hostility just makes this so obvious.

You're the one trying to imply that people have medical problems for not liking the cold. Seems like you're the one being hostile here.

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
36 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

For the people moaning about the lack of heat in the UK, I know I'm in the minority here but I am very grateful for our cool summers, average high temp in the south in July and August is around 21/22C which is perfect imo. I am glad we don't have the hot summers and extreme temperatures that other countires have to put up with.

If it was 30C and sunny everyday in the summer I think I'd go mental! 

I agree that 30c+ can get unbearable especially when you have to work in it, and I'll readily admit that our buildings are not built for that sort of heat long-term. I'm also of a mind that 21 / 22c and sunny(ish) is fine enough for July...sure, we don't really need the heat that have in the Med, I mean we are an island in the Atlantic after all. So indeed, 20 - 25c and clear skies, perfect for me...but that is not what we are having in South England, not anything close to it. I'm sure most of us would be well happy with simply 'averages' of each month being met throughout the Summer. But considering it is 16c and raining in London (and has been very much that trend since beginning of May, outside of the few days blast of heat in June), this is consistently far below average high temps, and a complete lack of light in the longest days of the year. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Before we all know it August will be here , which historically is the most unsettled month of the summer season…so could this be the year we don’t hit 30+?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
1 minute ago, slater said:

Before we all know it August will be here , which historically is the most unsettled month of the summer season…so could this be the year we don’t hit 30+?

It would be funny if Iceland hit 30°C and we didn't. I think something similar happened around 2008 or so IIRC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markyo said:

Well yes. To be perfectly honest despite knowing we are all different, I still can’t comprehend how anyone can like the cold.

However to insinuate that someone needs to seek medical guidance because they feel the cold at something you might strangely find comfortable makes me think exactly the same back about you. Lol stalemate.

3 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

You're the one trying to imply that he has medical problems, and he's correcting you. Seems like you're the one being hostile here.

It wasn’t even me the comment was aimed at, but exactly and was using myself as an example. Some people don’t like the cold (and it’s more than just me) not sure it’s right to suggest they give the Dr a buzz.

Posted
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

It wasn’t even me the comment was aimed at, but exactly and was using myself as an example. Some people don’t like the cold (and it’s more than just me) not sure it’s right to suggest they give the Dr a buzz.

Agreed

Posted

After particularly heavy shower passed earlier temperature really dropped and i needed to put heater on temporarily. No sun at all today apart from five minutes at 6.30 a.m. 

Noted forecasts for next week have suddenly become less sunny and no heat coming my way it seems. Really depressing especially as no holiday this year.

1 minute ago, Jon Somerset said:

After particularly heavy shower passed earlier temperature really dropped and i needed to put heater on temporarily. No sun at all today apart from five minutes at 6.30 a.m. 

Noted forecasts for next week have suddenly become less sunny and no heat coming my way it seems. Really depressing especially as no holiday this year.

Not sure how old you are but remember if your double jabbed you won’t need to quarantine from ‘Amber’ countries. Maybe a saving grace, that’s what I’m pinning my hopes on. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Not sure how old you are but remember if your double jabbed you won’t need to quarantine from ‘Amber’ countries. Maybe a saving grace, that’s what I’m pinning my hopes on. 

thing I don't like is, quarantine dosen't end until 16th Aug in the UK, a p#ss take that

Posted

No wtaf is going in this summer, this is very very poor. I guess we were due a really bad summer anyway

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
9 hours ago, Howie said:

Why do these troughs keep getting caught up in the high!?!?! This is ridiculous 

Remember what I said a few months back?

There is an overwhelming signal in low solar summers for a mean trough to set up around the UK.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

Remember what I said a few months back?

There is an overwhelming signal in low solar summers for a mean trough to set up around the UK.

Oh jeez, we really have the worst luck

Posted
36 minutes ago, slater said:

Yes. It will probably be 30c in some Igloo in the Arctic circle. The Eskimos having a jolly nice barbeque with delicious Yak stakes. Meanwhile in Dudley UK it will be 14c. 50 mph winds. And incessant rain. What more could you ask for? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
51 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I'm in the pub and they have the front door open. The breeze blowing in. My feet are literally turning to ice blocks. July 6th. UK. 

Your posts are hilarious sometimes!  Put some socks and long trousers on.  Or ask them to close the door (remember you complaining about this before!)

46 minutes ago, Alderc said:

I do wonder how some of the people on this forum even survive the warmth of their own homes without collapsing and they seem to lack the complete comprehension that we live in a cold, damp climate and that there in fact people who can thrive in warmer temperatures while struggling in cold (which as we keep saying dominates the climate) 

Not true, we live in a temperate maritime climate, with some parts of the south bordering on a cool summer mediterrean climate. Iceland has a cold damp climate though.

1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yeah not a complete washout here. The large golden thing in the sky made an appearance this afternoon. Just a brief light shower in my locality about 4.30pm. Not very warm though. Coat weather. Forget the shorts!

Currently wearing shorts and a hoodie and I'm perfectly warm enough.  20C indoors, 17C outside, windows open.

46 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Put some long trousers on then!  Oh wait, you already are! 

44 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Yeah it'll be 13C on Christmas Eve and they'll have the heating on full blast I bet! 

7 minutes ago, Howie said:

No wtaf is going in this summer, this is very very poor. I guess we were due a really bad summer anyway

Yep, we are, esspecially in the south. Southerners have been spoiled in recent years.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Your posts are hilarious sometimes!  Put some socks and long trousers on.  Or ask them to close the door (remember you complaining about this before!)

Not true, we live in a temperate maritime climate, with some parts of the south bordering on a cool summer mediterrean climate. Iceland has a cold damp climate though.

Currently wearing shorts and a hoodie and I'm perfectly warm enough.  20C indoors, 17C outside, windows open.

Put some long trousers on then!  Oh wait, you already are! 

Yeah it'll be 13C on Christmas Eve and they'll have the heating on full blast I bet! 

Yep, we are, esspecially in the south. Southerners have been spoiled in recent years.

It's all a bit of banter mate. I try and deliberately stir it up. Makes for a good read! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
51 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Well yes. To be perfectly honest despite knowing we are all different, I still can’t comprehend how anyone can like the cold.

However to insinuate that someone needs to seek medical guidance because they feel the cold at something you might strangely find comfortable makes me think exactly the same back about you. Lol stalemate.

What about all the colder lovers in winter then?

8 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

It's all a bit of banter mate. I try and deliberately stir it up. Makes for a good read! 

I honestly though you were being serious, but I was struggling to take you seriously ha ha!

2 hours ago, Earthshine said:

Absolutely comical

I love a bit of green snot me. 

2 hours ago, TheOgre said:

There are severe heatwaves worldwide this summer. USA, Canada, Russia, Sweden and Finland, etc.

We are one of the only areas of poor weather. The only other areas are southern Norway, western France and the north coast of Spain.

I can’t believe how cool the north coast of Spain is. Who’d have thought it would be one of the coolest areas of Europe?? 

They are right next to the Atlantic, that is why.

53 minutes ago, slater said:

Hope so.  

Wonder when the last time that happened? (does anyone know, tried googling it but couldn't find an answer).

Edited by East Lancs Rain