Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
33 minutes ago, Thundery wintry showers said:

I missed the storms today... I guess that even in Lincoln you can't win them all, as they say!

The commentator's curse strikes again - a cell sprouted up just to my west within ten minutes of me posting this!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
5 minutes ago, Thundery wintry showers said:

The commentator's curse strikes again - a cell sprouted up just to my west within ten minutes of me posting this!

Reverse psychology works all the time

• Like 1

Posted

Just seen the metoffice outlook, and models, not looking good after Friday, all people  moaning about the warm sunny weather this past week will be moaning about the rain for the next few weeks. 

Posted

A reminder of the weather guilt tripping part of the forum guidelines...

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Edited by Paul
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

Well, what an eventful afternoon that was! Talk of the town down this way.

It was, pardon the pun, the perfect storm! DP 21c, air temp 29c, 850s of 13c, convergence, layers moving different directions and strong sun. 

What do you get: ⚡⚡⚡

I can safely say I've never experienced a storm like that; that hail was thumbnail size and you couldn't see across the street. Fingers crossed of course nobody got flooded

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Another tough day for working in, everybody was shattered, clients, customers, del drivers, ....counting the days down to relief at the weekend. Most of us haven't a beach to lie on mid afternoon enjoying the hot sand, most have to come home in hot cars and roasting public transport to houses over 30c then try and sleep. 

oh the joys of a UK summer i remember them well..at least when its hot here i have the joys of coming home to an air conditioned house..i don't know how i coped in the UK..guess it was a case of you don't miss what you have never had

Posted

Enjoying the sunshine compared to last July's drizzle but a bit too warm for me especially at night.  Feels more oppressive than 2013 which is my benchmark for good weather at this time of the year, having said that I was able to work in an office in July 2013 which was much cooler than having to work in the bedroom!  This summer hasn't been too bad here in west Wales, better than last year so far.  I think we've got off lightly compared to those further east, it's been relatively dry here after the washout May.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

I keep on making an excuse to go out in my work van, with the A/C being recharged a couple of weeks ago……..bliss, need to think up some more excuses lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

Given all the talk of the highest temperatures being in Western areas this week, I'm surprised Heathrow has still managed to nab the top temperature 3 days in a row..

Edited by SummerShower

Posted
2 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Washout Summer?

Has barely rained here in the last three months with record breaking temperatures.

Starting to compare this summer with 1976 when you can make hay in four days and then leave it out with no fear of rain.Been very dry here since late May when temperatures really went up. June was a fabulous month when all crops really caught up after a very cold dry April and wet cold May.     July has been a great month for making hay a  job that was completed today20210720_145847.thumb.jpg.ec11d2ca599a02eacbe93d06c1abf471.jpg20210720_144012.thumb.jpg.df09b7ef783c25efb4c6545058a4fbaa.jpg

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, MATTWOLVES said:

Tamara as updated recently and pointed out more or less the situation we find ourselves in! Wax and wane of the Azore High with fine settled spells interspersed with less settled conditions...To say its been a dogs Breakfast of a Summer is a little misleading....especially to those areas that have had hardly any rain at all!

Anyway my Dog has a breakfast fit for a king...so I really can't agree with that final part of your post

Well in the part of the UK where 60 out of 67 million of us live May and summer so far, about 90 days, has been an absolute disgrace apart from maybe 10 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 minute ago, Snowy L said:

Well in the part of the UK where 60 out of 67 million of us live May and summer so far, about 90 days, has been an absolute disgrace apart from maybe 10 days.

Well i live near to you and i certainly wouldnt summer so far a disgrace. Its been better than most so far, even this hot spell is something we hant seen in july for two thirds of the last 25 years. The stats dont support your disgrace theory

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

Well i live near to you and i certainly wouldnt summer so far a disgrace. Its been better than most so far, even this hot spell is something we hant seen in july for two thirds of the last 25 years. The stats dont support your disgrace theory

Well my "can I sit outside in the garden without getting drenched or get hypothermia" test has seen almost every day of May and summer fail so far except for a few days in the first half of June and this past week. And the bolded part is an outright lie.

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 minute ago, Snowy L said:

Well my "can I sit outside in the garden without getting drenched or get hypothermia" test has seen almost every day of May and summer fail so far except for a few days in June and the last week.

You can say that about any year. 

Posted
Just now, mushymanrob said:

You can say that about any year. 

Except 2020 (almost the entire month of May), 2019 and 2018.  (can't remember back far enough for pre 2018), but you get the point, it is absolutely not normal to have just 10 or so usable days out of 90 in late spring and summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I can't say that the Summer so far here has been great. This spell of weather has been great, though, that's for sure! And yet, July is close to becoming the wettest month of the year. 

historic_rain_month.thumb.png.4902f37910c91d72112338396cc108a5.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Do we know what the maximum temperature of this spell was thus far. I note that the UKV dropped its lavish 34C idea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
19 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Do we know what the maximum temperature of this spell was thus far. I note that the UKV dropped its lavish 34C idea.

I'm not 100% sure, but it may be 32.2°C at Heathrow

Posted
6 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

It has been a poor summer, despite the recent switch to hot and sunny weather. Mid June to last week was very dull, despite being warm at times. No sun on quite a few days. That makes for poor summer weather in my opinion.

Prior to that, two weeks of hot and sunny weather in the first half of June, following on from a cold wet May, which was the worst in years, apart from the last few days of May that were warm. 

• Like 2

Posted

Yesterday reached 29.4C here with a light sea breeze. Today will be the 7th day in a row above 25C, not bad, a few summers in the 2007-2012 period only had a couple days above 25C! 

Yesterday and today originally looked cooler here with more of an SE/ESE breeze off the channel, but they upgraded temp wise over the last two days.
The Met Office app was forecasting 23C for me, now forecasting 30C for my location today and 31C in Exeter (actually 32C at the airport)!

image.thumb.png.fbd39f02a45168fbc32ecf2c55da59e2.pngimage.thumb.png.b11a1d77503f275203f68f385f4993cb.png

Posted
5 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I'm not 100% sure, but it may be 32.2°C at Heathrow

I’d be interested to see if that is the lowest max temp of the year recorded for the uk for the last say 5/10 years (assuming that remains the hottest temp of the year) 

• Like 1

Posted

We haven’t reached 35c yet, which is something that’s happened every summer since 2015, despite whether the summer is a good one or not. 

35c for one day, surrounded by weeks of drab dull and cool weather doesn’t make for a good summer at all. 2015 was like that.

Posted

Manchester Summer Indices  ranked in order with the best at the top 

1976 301

1995 298

1983 278

1955 277

1911 274

2018 272

1984 271

1959 269

1975 268

1949 267