Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

certainly looks like cooler from the south on Fri/Sat, cool SE breeze arriving, just hope not too much rain Sat to Tues

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, markyo said:

Don't forget over 95% of the population have no access to a beach hence the dislike of this weather, you are very very fortunate.

The last two days the beach has been as warm as anyway, zero breeze on the beach where I was. Sand temp was probably well over 50C - was lovely  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Its 8pm and still 28.1C here in Barrybados! I'd wouldn't be surprised if the temperature doesn't go below 20C tonight really around here and other parts of S.Wales. The house is just uncomfortably hot and humid.

As you may be able to tell, unless im on holiday, im not a lover of this heat 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is what summer is all about, simple bbq dinner, some games with the kids in the garden. They’ve both fallen asleep in the Hammock, I’m going to have a beer, still 26.5C at nearly 8:30pm! Same again tomorrow, oh yes! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
5 minutes ago, Alderc said:

This is what summer is all about, simple bbq dinner, some games with the kids in the garden. They’ve both fallen asleep in the Hammock, I’m going to have a beer, still 26.5C at nearly 8:30pm! Same again tomorrow, oh yes! 

I only made 29.9°C today..  lol

The wind was all SW today, so it took the vmax away.

32°C showing for Bournemouth, tomorrow, but the SW wind may lower that.

viewimage.thumb.png.91900acdc29cf1c8826cc4dbac64b827.png

Posted
1 hour ago, dubmuffin said:

I always think it is the other way around, really hot spells here are nearly always humid, whereas the heat in the Med feels much drier. Got to say though, it was very clear yesterday, - we could see France from the Kent coast!

The classic prolonged memorable spells are nearly always dry air masses. 2018 and the spell in mid July 2006 are prime examples, although 2006 did become more thundery later on.

August 2003 is another- generally low relative humidity and I believe June/July1976 was also low humidity.

People have a perception that it's humid because of our well insulated buildings and lack of air conditioning. 

Hot, humid spells are usually more shortlived in this part of the world.

• Like 2

Posted

Also this is one of the biggest misconceptions- that the Med isn't humid.

The coastal Mediterranean is very humid in summer, particularly the islands such as the Balearic Islands and Cyprus. Really high relative humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

The Met Office which I have no respect for have put an extreme heat warning for top temps in July  of pushing into the late eighties. This is total nonsense. We are such a nanny state . The next thing the Met office will give us warnings about extreme drizzle . It's hot but a normal British heat. I can't imagine what they would do when real heatwaves it us in yesteryear such as the extreme heat in the 1930s when temperatures topped 40C plus in our area for instance .

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

the temperature in gurteen Tipperary in Ireland has gone from 27oc at 7pm to 29 oc after 8pm .Incredible for us over here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I only made 29.9°C today..  lol

The wind was all SW today, so it took the vmax away.

32°C showing for Bournemouth, tomorrow, but the SW wind may lower that.

viewimage.thumb.png.91900acdc29cf1c8826cc4dbac64b827.png

Unusual to see absolute no account for a sea breeze, although even when it got up today it was pretty weak. Although after a clearly what’s going to be a very warm night temps will rocket first thing. Could be at 26/27C by 9am.

Edited by Alderc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
36 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

The Met Office which I have no respect for have put an extreme heat warning for top temps in July  of pushing into the late eighties. This is total nonsense. We are such a nanny state . The next thing the Met office will give us warnings about extreme drizzle . It's hot but a normal British heat. I can't imagine what they would do when real heatwaves it us in yesteryear such as the extreme heat in the 1930s when temperatures topped 40C plus in our area for instance .

interesting..when did it 40c+ in the 1930s? 

• Like 5

Posted
41 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

It’s definitely over the top as it’s only 32C tops but it has never been 40C in the UK.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
9 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

interesting..when did it 40c+ in the 1930s? 

In his back garden probs!!!

Posted
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Proper warmth. If only we could guarantee 3 months of this each year I would be very happy 

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Don't forget over 95% of the population have no access to a beach hence the dislike of this weather, you are very very fortunate.

Live almost in the exact middle of the country. Love it and wish it was like this for the entire 3 months of summer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Too hot for my liking, still roasting now and that is with all windows open and 2 fans on the go.it wouldn’t be so bad if I had air conditioning and a swimming pool in the garden! Let’s hope it cools down a bit later in the week!

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Live almost in the exact middle of the country. Love it and wish it was like this for the entire 3 months of summer.

Each to there own snowy  a little hot for me  especially in the evenings   however certainly better than buckets of rain   one good thing for me is I live right on a wooded area  so a late evening picnic will go down a treat  perhaps Wednesday evening 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

Glad to see the end of the heatwave getting pushed back, at least for North and Northwestern regions. Looking like no breakdown until Tuesday next week now. 
Incidently I could see NI temperature record being broken for the second time in a week as it could well hit 31-32 degrees Wednesday/Thursday…..

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Alderc said:

Awww!! I'm also in heaven! My babies were still in the pool at 7pm! Me lying on the bed in my bikini without being cold for a change! Amazing! Just amazing!!

Posted
5 hours ago, Frigid said:

The extreme heat warning thing is a bit OTT. Last August, many parts of the country endured days of 35c+ with nights not falling below 20. I’d classify that as extreme heat. What we’re going through now is just a regular heatwave. Days at around 27-30 with nights at 16-20. This heatwave has a similar feel to July 2018, though that was much more prolonged. 

Yep - I'm in the extreme heat area and yet I recorded 6 straight days at 34C and above last summer; only reached 30C with the same weather station so far. 

Is it a new thing?

Posted
43 minutes ago, Bobafet said:

Too hot for my liking, still roasting now and that is with all windows open and 2 fans on the go.it wouldn’t be so bad if I had air conditioning and a swimming pool in the garden! Let’s hope it cools down a bit later in the week!

Paddling pool!! We have one for the kids but when they leave home I shall still be getting onefor me! LOL

Posted

Next week could be very different, with the talk of heat replaced with the risk of flooding in places. It amazes me how we can go from one extreme to the other in such a short space of time in this country. 

• Like 4