Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow

Looks like Monday is going to be another delightful day in this area!  I have almost stopped caring - my local Garden Centre will be closing down the summer furniture area ready for their Christmas display next month.  This year has just sped by with awful nothingness!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

No it doesn't.

It has the most tornadoes per area, a year.

It's a fact to sound impressive.

You've lost me there. What do you mean by per area? Like per region?

51 minutes ago, Alderc said:

It’s perked up a bit this afternoon, we’ve had a couple of hours of sun but temps have still struggled to just 17-18C. 

What we need are uppers of 17-18C, thankfully some output is starting to hint at that for freedom day. 31-33C oooh very pleasant! 

7433A973-4CB2-423A-B948-58B6A9DFD7E8.thumb.png.7313f4d7e9bb3009dcb44dd8f92bc179.png

As long as the heat stays down south, and we just get 22/23C and sunshine up here, I'll be happy.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

That December brought a record breaking amount of rain to NW England. The boxing day floods were particularly devastating up here with a lot of people flooded out of thier homes. I quite like a mild winter actually as long as it isn't overcast and raining every single day. I bet you loved February 2019... 

As long as the heat stays down south, and we just get 22/23C and sunshine up here, I'll be happy.

EF555AA8-B2E4-4A9A-A34E-9361ED97A0F2.thumb.jpeg.a67557a330b73ef6b0afd2ba981ef6fb.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

EF555AA8-B2E4-4A9A-A34E-9361ED97A0F2.thumb.jpeg.a67557a330b73ef6b0afd2ba981ef6fb.jpeg

25 degrees seems good! but an FI GEM chart? cannot think of much less reliable

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Of course I won't mind if it decides to go real hot and morph into another August 2020 type evolution!

Please nooooooooooooo! 

Been another warm day here, with a high of 23C, and despite being mostly cloudy, it has stayed completely dry here, despite the forecast being for showers. Again the winds have been light and the humdity has been fairly high with a low of 62%.

Currently 23C indoors so another warm night ahead, ugh.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
14 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Oh dear looks like the heat is quite widespread on that model run and not just a SE affair. Going for 30C for my area and NE Scotland!  Not good! 

Hopefully just a hot outlier but if it does come off then "Freedom Day" will be Staying Indoors day for me! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Don’t be so British and open all the windows, it’ll soon cool down

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Don’t be so British and open all the windows, it’ll soon cool down

Windows already open but doesn't make much difference, esspecially when the winds are so light like today!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Windows already open but doesn't make much difference, esspecially when the winds are so light like today!

Drink plenty of water, I really hope that you survive the night

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Drink plenty of water, I really hope that you survive the night

I'm sure I will!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

25 degrees seems good! but an FI GEM chart? cannot think of much less reliable

It’s ok, ECM looks like pretty much backing it up! 

B3BBDB90-4DCF-4EDB-BF3D-5D0C0ADE9150.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Alderc said:

It’s ok, ECM looks like pretty much backing it up! 

B3BBDB90-4DCF-4EDB-BF3D-5D0C0ADE9150.png

Latest few summers, and even this one, I find any warmth peaks on Tues/Wed, then normally a breakdown on a Thursday, so if I am to guess we'll get close to 30 degrees Tues, 30 in SE Wed, maybe 31 for SE on Thurs with 17 in the W/NW, fresher everywhere by Fri

Posted
58 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Please nooooooooooooo! 

Been another warm day here, with a high of 23C, and despite being mostly cloudy, it has stayed completely dry here, despite the forecast being for showers. Again the winds have been light and the humdity has been fairly high with a low of 62%.

God you’re like a baby lol in my home it never really gets lower than that throughout the summer. 23C is perfectly comfortable out and in.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Latest few summers, and even this one, I find any warmth peaks on Tues/Wed, then normally a breakdown on a Thursday, so if I am to guess we'll get close to 30 degrees Tues, 30 in SE Wed, maybe 31 for SE on Thurs with 17 in the W/NW, fresher everywhere by Fri

Yes when it’s warm it’s never starts building Wednesday/Thursday and then peak over the weekend….

Posted
8 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

God you’re like a baby lol in my home it never really gets lower than that throughout the summer. 23C is perfectly comfortable out and in.

Not when you're trying to sleep it isn't! I'm sleeping with just a light blanket on at the moment and sometimes just a sheet.

Just now, East Lancs Rain said:

Not when you're trying to sleep it isn't! I'm sleeping with just a light blanket on at the moment and sometimes just a sheet.

You’ll be sleeping in just yer skids this time next week then

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I'm not sure the weather knows what day of the week it is.

Maybe there is something missing in physics that links the laws of thermodynamics to a  calendar invented by the Babylonians

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Tornadoes by unit area so for example per square km. Of course almost all tornadoes in the UK are weak and short lived causing minimal to no human impact. The same is true in the U.S. but their vastly bigger land mass and more favourable tornadic conditions in the spring means they get more of the very powerful ones which are destructive when they impact populated areas.

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Hopefully just a hot outlier but if it does come off then "Freedom Day" will be Staying Indoors day for me! 

It is over a week away so not much skill but I would guess the GFS is overdoing it. 30C in NE Scotland would be close to a record in that area, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, al78 said:

It is over a week away so not much skill but I would guess the GFS is overdoing it. 30C in NE Scotland would be close to a record in that area, wouldn't it?

I think so but I think they might have managed it in Summer 2018, not sure. Yeah, it's probably overdoing it. It's 9 days away so plenty of time for things to change...

I'm still gunning for nowhere in the UK to reach 30C this summer. Very ambitious I know, as even summers 2007 and 2012 managed it, but we're doing good so far.

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Yes when it’s warm it’s never starts building Wednesday/Thursday and then peak over the weekend….

It seems the UK weather goes through periods of being as poor as possible for those of us with weekday office jobs who enjoy outdoor activities on the weekend. The autumn that has set in over the SE three months early is a good example, with every weekend over the last three weeks having at least one poor weather day. I remember a few years back I acquired a second hand greenhouse in the autumn and wanted to make use of winter weekends to erect it and increase its resiliance to high winds. There was a period of five consecutive weekends that were a washout with the dry weather occurring when I was at work during the week.

Posted

Thick fog here again with visibility barely 50m.

Its fairly unusual to get sea fret here in high summer despite being only 7 miles from the coast. Its quite odd for it to be light at 10pm in a proper pea-souper!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What the actual hell happened to the forecast tomorrow? Yesterday looked like a line shower passing through late Aprege and Arome 25-50mm with 12hrs of continuous rain from 3 o’clock tomorrow - come on…

Posted
3 hours ago, sarahng said:

Looks like Monday is going to be another delightful day in this area!  I have almost stopped caring - my local Garden Centre will be closing down the summer furniture area ready for their Christmas display next month.  This year has just sped by with awful nothingness!

Agreee!! I'm putting work into my garden for another week or so and then if it weather is still tits up i'm retiring for Autumn! No point working hard to not even be able to sit in it and enjoy it!

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Alderc said:

That's still another weird thing where we see 27 and NW see's higher at 30. What's that all about LOL! Not a moan - 27 is perfect!

• Like 1