Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Alderc said:

Payback weather getting into full swing for a decent start to June, parts of the south May see daytime max temps in the low teens Monday and Tuesday. Utterly disgusting. 

Yup... Monday looks particularly grim. Ironic really, the longest day could be the worst of the month.

Doesn't look ‘too’ bad from midweek and perhaps much warmer from next weekend. Here’s hoping... cloudy weather does nothing for me at this time of year.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Yup... Monday looks particularly grim. Ironic really, the longest day could be the worst of the month.

Doesn't look ‘too’ bad from midweek and perhaps much warmer from next weekend. Here’s hoping... cloudy weather does nothing for me at this time of year.

Likely to go on a run of just a couple of hours sun in the five days around the longest day. Over 75hours of sun available from yesterday morning to Tuesday evening if we get to 5 we’ll be doing well. 

Posted

No rain here yesterday, mostly cloudy but not too bad. Moderate northerly breeze. Top temp 19.2C.

The 9 days before that were all above average so can't complain really. Today looks like the first below average day of the month.

Had a little rain the other night but not much so far this month. Rainfall over the last 2 months has been quite contrasting, although June's total will probably increase:

April: 13.6mm
May: 194.4mm
June: 6.6mm

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
11 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Still bone dry here and Sunday’s rainfall looks to be fragmenting and pushing further east with every model run. 

Very dusty and dry here so would be nice to have a bit of rain to freshen everything up again.

50mm from yesterdays washout down here and more on the way. Everything is very fresh! Your welcome to some of that...

Edited by minus10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

It's looking rather changeable for the latter half of June. I certainly don't think it's as bad as others on here are making it out to be - still looking miles better than June 2012. With the exception of Monday, temps are looking fairly close to average and rainfall doesn't look too bad. This is the UK, so you can't expect it to be hot all the time. After all, there's still plenty of time yet as we are only in June. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 17/06/2021 at 22:04, NEVES SCREAMER said:

A 240 day winter followed by a 16 day summer. What is there to moan about? 

Bit over dramatic. Maybe if you live up in Lerwick that’s true but come on UK summers are not that bad especially down in the south. As long as the Sun is out and the temperature is 20 or above then it’s a good summers day for most people.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Bit over dramatic. Maybe if you live up in Lerwick that’s true but come on UK summers are not that bad especially down in the south. As long as the Sun is out and the temperature is 20 or above then it’s a good summers day for most people.

It was just a bit of banter . All done in the spirit of jest. A guess it's just my caustic humour. 

2 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

It was just a bit of banter . All done in the spirit of jest. A guess it's just my caustic humour. 

TBH I thought your post was entirely accurate. You don't here all those crowing for snow in winter saying 'oh well its 8C today, that average guess we can't have snow every day and we'll just enjoy our 8C' they moan continually from mid November to mid April wanting snow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Proper summer here in Prague, 33°C and sunny. High chances of thunderstorms from Monday onwards with a few days of cooler temperatures. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
20 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

It’s true, though. How many hot days does the UK get each year? 25 in the SE, maybe. Leaves a whole 340 days of not hot weather. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s true, though. How many hot days does the UK get each year? 25 in the SE, maybe. Leaves a whole 340 days of not hot weather. 

Rubbish for any thundery weather as well in a lot of places.

Even with us supposedly being the windiest country in Europe most places bearly get gusts above 40mph in the Autumn and Winter months.

Not a good place to be if you want interesting weather.

• Like 3

Posted
On 18/06/2021 at 12:58, Downburst said:

June 19 and Dublin airport monthly rainfall currently 0.8mm, with some showers forecast for Sunday, probably will  end Sunday with treble the current total. Otherwise next week is ok and if you leave an reasonably active life you won't even notice it. 

Yes, it’s been extremely dry here as well, only had about a couple of mm in June so far. It will be interesting to look at the UK rainfall total maps at the end of the month. If things stay as they are I suspect they will look extremely dry for northern and western areas and probably wetter than average for south-eastern areas. Very unusual for that to happen. 

As I have pretty good circulation I tend to warm up quite quickly when walking so don’t mind cool whether if I’m just outside walking to the shops or whatever.

18 hours ago, markyo said:

Just got home on a friday night, shattered after a long day....home to a bedroom at 13.5c...one very happy chappie!!! Good nights kip here i come! 

Were there penguins in the bedroom as well? You must have a very good Aircon to get it that cold lol.

15 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Not everybody has well insulated homes, and there are still the odd few who don't have double glazing. I live in an old house which was built between the two wars, so needless to say isn't the best at keeping the heat in for that long. I am not complaining though, as I have been comfortable enough and I don't feel the cold as easily as some others do. 
It's been around 18c indoors, so not too bad at all.

My house was built around the same time as well. Luckily it’s been around 21/22° for most of this month which is about right for me. Warm enough to wear shorts and a t-shirt around the house most of the time. At 18° I’d be freezing without a thick hoodie/jumper. 18/19°C is the indoor temp in winter for my house.

6 hours ago, hillbilly said:

Missed out on the rain here,a lovely day yesterday albeit cloudy just a few spits late in the day,hardly enough to wet the tarmac.Sunny start today,still summer here!

Yep, same here.

5 hours ago, Alderc said:

It really is a miserable morning, absolutely no residual warmth left in the air, just 13C, heavily overcast very gloomy. The coats back out heading to the gym

Seems to me the north is doing better than the south just at the moment! Now you know what those up in Lerwick have to put up with all summer. Currently 19°C here in East Lancs, sunny intervals, no rain, no frost, no icicles. ?

3 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

31C here already and it's not even noon yet. 

Oooooof... I don’t envy you.  Too hot for me!

2 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Now that is proper summer. None of your namby pamby 'oooh it's 21c and I'm going to faint' ....

Why not move abroad then if you hate the U.K. summer so much, instead of moaning about it 24/7?

17 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Proper summer here in Prague, 33°C and sunny. High chances of thunderstorms from Monday onwards with a few days of cooler temperatures. 

Enjoy. I would be absolutely boiling at that temp, but then again I’m used to mediocre UK summers. Each to their own as they say.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Were there penguins in the bedroom as well? You must have a very good Aircon to get it that cold lol.

Careful heat management is the key! ......ok air con on max really. 

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Depends what you define as hot. I personally define hot as anything 25°C and above, which would mean that the south east gets quite a lot of hot days in the year. It also doesn’t have to be hot to be summer weather, just pleasantly warm. The south-east also get a heck of a lot of days in the warm category (20 to 25°C).

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, markyo said:

Careful heat management is the key! ......ok air con on max really. 

Standard Air con settings:

1- Gentle breeze

2- Moderate breeze

3- Supermarket freezer

4- Hypothermia mode

5- Are you sure? Markyo mode!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
2 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

It's looking rather changeable for the latter half of June. I certainly don't think it's as bad as others on here are making it out to be - still looking miles better than June 2012. With the exception of Monday, temps are looking fairly close to average and rainfall doesn't look too bad. This is the UK, so you can't expect it to be hot all the time. After all, there's still plenty of time yet as we are only in June. 

Yes, looking at things we are due a few very poor days temp/sun wise, especially monday/Tuesday but then pretty standard summer weather really after that.  

I find very hot weather tends to happen between mid July and mid August.  I do hope for another plume like last August though, and for it to spread further north this time so all of the UK can enjoy it.

• Like 1

Posted
56 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Depends what you define as hot. I personally define hot as anything 25°C and above, which would mean that the south east gets quite a lot of hot days in the year. It also doesn’t have to be hot to be summer weather, just pleasantly warm. The south-east also get a heck of a lot of days in the warm category (20 to 25°C).

Funnily enough the removal van is here at the moment and we are on route for Bratislava with immediate effect.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Alderc said:

The forecast was never this bad for today, second straight day with not a minutes sun and max temp of 15C.

Just froze my weeble off outside at a kids party for 2 hours. 15c and thick cloud.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Just froze my weeble off outside at a kids party for 2 hours. 15c and thick cloud.

It’s dreadful, meant to be going for a garden party. Sat at home now plying fortnite (because I’m a big kid really) with the heating on! 

With the current projected maxes for the next couple of days we’ll have wiped out the +2C above average daily max we’d built up for the month. 

Edited by Alderc