Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

17 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Looks like a massive thunderstorm system across the Bay of Biscay and moving slowly inland towards Nantes now.  This is about 400 miles away, so my guess is its at least 12 or so hours away. The south coast might start to see distant flashing in the late evening, and London will probably start to see something before dusk. the main bulk of storms will probably hit us while we are sleeping.

Another storm system further down in central spain, but thats probably too far away to make an impact.

We fly down to Murcia for holidays sometimes, but wouldn't want to be flying over that right now lol.

There's almost no lightning and its a decaying system, could easily scupper this evenings potential if just turns into a big claggy. Could actually do with falling apart very quickly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, Alderc said:

Extremely think fog on the northern most end of Poole harbour as I ran round!!! 

The air must be extremely humid!

31FB8080-2567-496C-BEA6-154A281D71F0.thumb.jpeg.56cf6b600aae080626d019bb7c46b689.jpeg

looks like here off an E'ly!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
3 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

You can see it on satellite pics. An extensive area of fog affecting much of CS England. Going to be a stinker today! Some thunderstorms in Biscay already.

FBAE6F1F-D438-4101-A7E8-6AF704794194.png

113AB2BF-5678-45D5-8B8A-864725F668C5.png

Amazing how unlucky the south coast has been for cloud this June! Partly cloudy here and feeling warm in the sunshine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Very disappointing morning here, was expecting wall to wall sunshine until at least 5pm, even now just hazy glimpses. Could be a double let down day.....

Just come out to Parley course centre (right next to bmth airport) to use the their top tracer on the driving range and the suns come out the temps have absolutely rocketed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
26 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Amazing how unlucky the south coast has been for cloud this June! Partly cloudy here and feeling warm in the sunshine.

Yes, parts of the south coast have been super unlucky. Hopefully some decent storms later to make up for it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Looks like a massive thunderstorm system across the Bay of Biscay and moving slowly inland towards Nantes now.  This is about 400 miles away, so my guess is its at least 12 or so hours away. The south coast might start to see distant flashing in the late evening, and London will probably start to see something before dusk. the main bulk of storms will probably hit us while we are sleeping.

Another storm system further down in central spain, but thats probably too far away to make an impact.

We fly down to Murcia for holidays sometimes, but wouldn't want to be flying over that right now lol.

Cant see anything that suggests a massive thunderstorm on the lightning maps but there is a small yellow blob moving North which probably wont even make it to the South coast

lightning.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Air conditioning is working a dream. I'm finally able to enjoy hot weather!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Very warm and sticky in that sunshine with barely a breeze. 24c with dewpoint at 16c 'feels' prime for storms later.

Posted

Warmest day of the year for us today, peaking at 27.2C. We're also on 143 hours of sunshine so just under 9 hours per day on average so far.

Still 26.1C now and only 38% humidity so actually quite comfortable.

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

This has been my workspace for the last couple of hours

20210616_150320.thumb.jpg.e21bd05c85cb3acc5e74be9e1c261171.jpg

I don't envy you! Hotter temps than where Markyo works!   To be fair the humidity is very low though. I remember in my shed last year during a heatwave it got up to 35C (95F) in there, it was baking hot, 42C must feel extremely hot even with low humidity.

I love your black cat profile pic btw. Your like a sneaky black cat who is always watching and never misses a thing.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
5 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

Gorgeous yet again  I know the weather will break eventually but can't complain so far.. And Saturday looks a decent day for most. So all in all its been a great start to summer

Yeah it's been an excellent first half to June. Unfortunately the second half of June does not look as good. :/

Very pleasant day today, plenty of sunshine and highs of a pleasant 21C. Not too humid either. I would be very happy if this weather continued all summer.  After today though things are looking very mediocre here , 16-18C and sun/clouds with showers. That sort of in-between "meh" bit cool for a t-shirt bit warm for a jacket type weather.

WeatherBug Temperatures 16-06-21.png

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted

My warmest day since 15 September 2020, today 28.4, then 29.3 C

• Like 1

Posted

The temperature is quite slow to fall too. We're still at 25.1C at almost 8pm.

Its quite unusual to get evenings like this here as the sea breeze usually kicks in during the afternoon and temperatures then fall quickly in the evening. The wind however is south-westerly at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

Just heard thunder! Oh no wait it was actually next door wheeling the bins up the drive. Every time...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Seriously looking so much more comfortable for sleeping, working and generally living in soon....Hello to a pleasant few weeks  of Summer i hope!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Just 25.5 °C here today, so over a degree short of my 2021 high so far. A warm day, and quite humid, but not as sticky as I'd expected. Fingers crossed for missing the showers tomorrow morning, as I have an appointment at a place where I have to wait in the car park until called inside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Bradley in Kent said:

Just heard thunder! Oh no wait it was actually next door wheeling the bins up the drive. Every time...

Same here on a Tuesday, or wednesday when bins brought down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
44 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Oh well. 4 weeks of dreary cold and wet in May. A couple of half decent weeks to start June with the odd warm day and now back to the dreary rubbish for God knows how long. Sunday looks great. Rain and 17c. 

Just go out in your motor and put some weight on the right pedal, you'll see a few flashes then.

Posted
3 hours ago, Bradley in Kent said:

That happens to me as well! So disappointing isn’t it!

• Like 1