Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

18 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Noooo it can't go that low in summer surely?! 16-18 maybe ...

We'll hopefully its just GFS being overly dramatic but under cloud and heavy rain temps will struggle. 

GFSOPUK06_84_48.thumb.png.d1fb6ccfacf73eff7aeb9153784c6c10.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
49 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

It definitely can! A couple of years ago we had a grey easterly in June here with drizzle and rain all day. Top temp was about 11-12c. Filth.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

We'll hopefully its just GFS being overly dramatic but under cloud and heavy rain temps will struggle. 

Ouch that's the dreaded  "thundery rain/claggy greyness"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Looks good for Northwest England though, highest temps in the country at 21/22°C!

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, mb018538 said:

It definitely can! A couple of years ago we had a grey easterly in June here with drizzle and rain all day. Top temp was about 11-12c. Filth.

I remember one day in June 2019 the temperature dropped below 10°C here by 6 p.m! That month somehow managed slightly above average temperatures on the CET as well.

Posted

A very pleasant day here. Mostly sunny with highs of around 22°C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Still haven't worked out why the Met Office and BBC still have a 4 successive day storm threat from Wednesday through till Saturday over my location.

Edited by DIS1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Still haven't worked out why the Met Office and BBC still have a 4 successive day storm threat from Wednesday through till Saturday over my location.

Aye, we are much too far west, just rain here

best setup for storms away from the SE, is like this time last year! no plumes just slack lows

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
7 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I will never forget what the weather was like on the day of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2012. It only reached 13°c in my neck of the woods that day, and it was around that temp (or a couple of degrees higher at the most) in London, as well as it being wet and windy. I remember reading that two people at the event were taken to hospital with hypothermia. In June!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

High of the day was 22c at 11 am. Hope these storms happen it's been 4 years since the last good one. And almost a year since I've heard thunder. Slack lows do nothing here, we need the plumes!!

Posted
7 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Surprising stat. Obviously this is going to drop mid month onwards, but the topsy turvy weather from April and May has continued into June….

Mmm wonder if coming out of the low solar cycle a factor..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Watching out for my birthday (next Tuesday) now.  I have to admit I'd quite fancy a slack showery cyclonic westerly as long as there aren't many fronts embedded in the flow - it would be a good setup for getting a thunderstorm or two on the big day here in Lincoln.  (This is what is currently showing on the GFS + ECMWF operational runs).  I didn't fancy the cool cloudy northerly type that had been showing a couple of days ago.  Still a lot of uncertainty at this range of course.

In the shorter term it looks like thunderstorm potential for Wednesday/Thursday has reduced with greater chance of the storms heading further east.

Posted
2 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I will never forget what the weather was like on the day of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2012. It only reached 13°c in my neck of the woods that day, and it was around that temp (or a couple of degrees higher at the most) in London, as well as it being wet and windy. I remember reading that two people at the event were taken to hospital with hypothermia. In June!

Bonkers! I can't remember that? I guess it's because I was heavily pregnant with baby 1 so I wasn't feeling the cold when I had a heater inside of me! I do remember a hot spell not long after she was born though so late July/beg August.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
21 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Bonkers! I can't remember that? I guess it's because I was heavily pregnant with baby 1 so I wasn't feeling the cold when I had a heater inside of me! I do remember a hot spell not long after she was born though so late July/beg August.

We have had warmer days than that during December. That's our great British weather for you. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
7 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye, we are much too far west, just rain here

best setup for storms away from the SE, is like this time last year! no plumes just slack lows

Its nowhere near full moon so my guess is a Spanish plume probably won't work properly here. It'll just be cloud and cloud while Londonland bakes and lights up, or London bakes and Yorkshire lights up, or Holland gets everything.

Extremely think fog on the northern most end of Poole harbour as I ran round!!! 

The air must be extremely humid!

31FB8080-2567-496C-BEA6-154A281D71F0.thumb.jpeg.56cf6b600aae080626d019bb7c46b689.jpeg

Edited by Alderc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
23 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Extremely think fog on the northern most end of Poole harbour as I ran round!!! 

The air must be extremely humid!

31FB8080-2567-496C-BEA6-154A281D71F0.thumb.jpeg.56cf6b600aae080626d019bb7c46b689.jpeg

You can see it on satellite pics. An extensive area of fog affecting much of CS England. Going to be a stinker today! Some thunderstorms in Biscay already.

FBAE6F1F-D438-4101-A7E8-6AF704794194.png

113AB2BF-5678-45D5-8B8A-864725F668C5.png

Edited by stainesbloke

4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

You can see it on satellite pics. An extensive area of fog affecting much of CS England. Going to be a stinker today! Some thunderstorms in Biscay already.

FBAE6F1F-D438-4101-A7E8-6AF704794194.png

113AB2BF-5678-45D5-8B8A-864725F668C5.png

Hopefully it clears quickly, but I’m under it and it’s extremely think. 

Those storms will hopefully fall apart quickly, then ideally we want little activity in northern France, don’t really want stuff gobbling up all the Cape!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Hopefully it clears quickly, but I’m under it and it’s extremely think. 

Those storms will hopefully fall apart quickly, then ideally we want little activity in northern France, don’t really want stuff gobbling up all the Cape!!

It should clear up quickly with the sun nearly at maximum strength. Will be watching with interest, fair chance of a decent thundery event actually materialising, for once.

A hot 5-6 days to come here in the Czech Republic, 5 days above 30°C forecast from tomorrow, with increasing chances of thunderstorms from later in the weekend onwards. Bit hot even for me, but hopefully will trigger some humdingers lol 

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

I have to say being a severe hayfever sufferer and having a bad week this week, I am very much looking forward to rain and a cool down, as it helps supress grass pollen levels. The sooner and longer lasting the better for me. 

However, as grass pollen subsides into early/mid July, I'll let you have the warmth and sun back then. Deal?!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Well the main talking point this morning in Plymouth is...

The Foghorn! 

I'm 3 miles East of it, and its clear as if it's in my back garden. To be fair, the fog/ mist is pretty thick this morning. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
41 minutes ago, Paul_1978 said:

I have to say being a severe hayfever sufferer and having a bad week this week, I am very much looking forward to rain and a cool down, as it helps supress grass pollen levels. The sooner and longer lasting the better for me. 

However, as grass pollen subsides into early/mid July, I'll let you have the warmth and sun back then. Deal?!  

It's absolutely destroying me at the moment too. Both of my sinuses feel like they are going to explode, and if I blow my nose to clear it then it's a guaranteed nosebleed. Heat and very high pollen levels are a bit of a disaster for me as much as I love summer. Tablets and nasal spray provide little to no relief. Wish I could go back to being under 17 again, as I never suffered until then and it was bliss!

Very disappointing morning here, was expecting wall to wall sunshine until at least 5pm, even now just hazy glimpses. Could be a double let down day.....

Posted

Looks like a massive thunderstorm system across the Bay of Biscay and moving slowly inland towards Nantes now.  This is about 400 miles away, so my guess is its at least 12 or so hours away. The south coast might start to see distant flashing in the late evening, and London will probably start to see something before dusk. the main bulk of storms will probably hit us while we are sleeping.

Another storm system further down in central spain, but thats probably too far away to make an impact.

We fly down to Murcia for holidays sometimes, but wouldn't want to be flying over that right now lol.

• Like 1