Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
49 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

In contrast it’s cool, cloudy and breezy here in NW England, only 16C.

Vile. That’s not very summery at all. Not so bad if the skies were clear, though.

• Like 1

Just been for lovely 5k run, perfect conditions and a quick time to boot (well for me) 

It really is a glorious day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
15 minutes ago, markyo said:

#Much better here today, good fresh breeze and 18c, much more comfortable and useable after yesterday!

Far better I agree with your good self, Mark -- than aimlessly blether. But it took until early afternoon for the cooler air to arrive, down here; and, boy, did it feel good!

• Like 2

Posted

Back to the usual cold rubbish after Wednesday. Why can't we have a proper summer with weeks on end  of 28c temps. Was shaping up for a stonking proper summers day this morning and then the cold front arrived and now it is just cool. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I personally don't mind the fact that cooler and fresher weather is just around the corner. After having a bit heat, cooler weather and the odd shower or two can be rather refreshing. And it's only June, so there's still plenty of time for more heat.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, heat aka summer + snow

Tonight will not be fun thats for sure I accepted it last year because I was free from school for half the year (yr 11). So it didn’t bother my already destroyed sleeping schedule. I would rather boil than be get kept awake by the birds, so my window will be shut come bed time. Expecting mid 20s.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, TomLO04 said:

Tonight will not be fun thats for sure I accepted it last year because I was free from school for half the year (yr 11). So it didn’t bother my already destroyed sleeping schedule. I would rather boil than be get kept awake by the birds, so my window will be shut come bed time. Expecting mid 20s.

come to the NW, fresh here, cold front day

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

CONTENT WARNING: not good news if you're a heat seeker in the far NW.

If this NW / SE split continues it'll be another summer month with above average temps for the SE and slightly below average for the NW. 

This is of course adding to the long term trend of UK summers with heat becoming more frequent but more confined to the SE. 

I found an article online about this and it was the Daily Mail of all places to have an answer!

article-2418469-1BC64D80000005DC-843_636
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Researchers at the University of Warwick and...

Now I know this isn't the CC thread but I feel with the weather at the moment this article would be well illustrated! 

Being Kentish this was easy to digest but to put things into context 9 times out of 10 we're all in Atlantic dross and the North did have a decent winter! 

As ever with sharing, I'm not doing so with the intention of irritating anyone, but rather felt many would be interested given the current setup. All the best

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Vile. That’s not very summery at all. Not so bad if the skies were clear, though.

Not ideal for June but felt warm enough in a hoodie and long pants on my brief walk this afternoon.

4 hours ago, Alderc said:

Just been for lovely 5k run, perfect conditions and a quick time to boot (well for me) 

I would have thought cool and cloudy conditions would be much more comfortable for running? I would be boiling at 27°C just sitting about in the sun never mind running!

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, TomLO04 said:

It's dropped to 20° in my bedroom. Hope I won't be too cold tonight as I just have a couple of blankets on the bed! 

Posted

Cool grey miserable day and to make matters worse covid restrictions extended for another 4 weeks! Not happy!

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Tmax here was exactly 27C. Was a truly lovely day! 

Just a 10 degree difference compared to here then!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well, summer was nice while it lasted. Going to make the most of the next few days!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

24c today, light breeze, blue skies, there really isn't much better. Some storms Wednesday night, wish they'd arrive in the day, haven't had a daytime storm for  years, they're so much better.

Posted
7 hours ago, Freeze said:

24c today, light breeze, blue skies, there really isn't much better. Some storms Wednesday night, wish they'd arrive in the day, haven't had a daytime storm for  years, they're so much better.

Daytime for structure viewing yes, but nighttime for lightning viewing trumps that for me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Looking more and more like the standard UK cloud & light rain here Wednesday evening onwards, rather than viewing a few flashes in the sky.

Unbelievably GFS now has it completely dry here overnight with the usual eastward correction. ECM just a splash of rain. Its always the same UKV about 48-60hrs out has Dorset as ground zero for landing storms from the south only for every other model to then shunt it all further east, at the disappointment is early this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Daytime for structure viewing yes, but nighttime for lightning viewing trumps that for me.

There’s something about storms at night that’s very exciting. I remember all the nighttime humdingers we used to get in London in the 80’s, made school and college very hard work the day after one, through lack of sleep

• Like 1

Posted
17 hours ago, Alderc said:

I went for a run yesterday too - much better conditions for running at about 17C vs the 24C from the other day.

Posted
15 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I personally don't mind the fact that cooler and fresher weather is just around the corner. After having a bit heat, cooler weather and the odd shower or two can be rather refreshing. And it's only June, so there's still plenty of time for more heat.

Agreed - a perfect summer so far for me!

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Alderc said:

Unbelievably GFS now has it completely dry here overnight with the usual eastward correction. ECM just a splash of rain. Its always the same UKV about 48-60hrs out has Dorset as ground zero for landing storms from the south only for every other model to then shunt it all further east, at the disappointment is early this time.

I guess i'm lucky in that i've not allowed myself to look or get excited over it this time. No point - always goes Kent way!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Hopefully things will change but gfs has a shocking day on Friday and temps of just 12-14C in parts of south...

Noooo it can't go that low in summer surely?! 16-18 maybe ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Surprising stat. Obviously this is going to drop mid month onwards, but the topsy turvy weather from April and May has continued into June….

• Like 1