Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun
22 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

So is the 30C on for today? Some places already around 20C - so surely it’s possible if it stays clear?

Its begun. Temps at 08:40am.

Edit: I was just on xcweather looking at the winds for today which will remain very light, and noticed cloud was expected around London by early afternoon.

Temps.jpg

Edited by TQWX
  • Like 1

Posted

Not too bad here on Thursday and Friday as we were just about in the shadow of Dartmoor. Sunny intervals, feeling warm/muggy in the sun but cooler at times when there was more cloud. About 21C. Could probably describe it as 'nether here nor there' weather. A few miles to my west towards Exeter, it was more like 23C which contrasted with Plymouth being 15/16C. 

I can see why some on the south coast were disappointed recently though, some nice days/afternoon here had cloud to my east.

Yesterday turned into a stunning day with a max of 23.2C. if I ignore my interest in meteorology or the novelty of feeling higher temperatures, I don't really need it any warmer tbh.

Another stunning morning today, already 21.2C although a light onshore breeze will put a cap on that.

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat

Ugh stupid Cheshire Gap, stuck under a blanket of cloud here! I can see the edge of it over towards Wolverhampton, but it's not getting any closer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

My temp scale

15 c or below - nice

15 - 20 c  - getting a bit  warm

20 c or above - no.

• Like 2

Posted
27 minutes ago, GokouD said:

Ugh stupid Cheshire Gap, stuck under a blanket of cloud here! I can see the edge of it over towards Wolverhampton, but it's not getting any closer

Yep completely cloudy here, just seems to have appeared from nowhere since it was clear at 2am. And its just Shropshire and Cheshire and NE Wales by the look of the satellite. Not the first time I've seen this!

Posted
11 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Yep completely cloudy here, just seems to have appeared from nowhere since it was clear at 2am. And its just Shropshire and Cheshire and NE Wales by the look of the satellite. Not the first time I've seen this!

It does look like it's slowly melting away from the west, probably going to hang on here for as long as possible though haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Disappointing weather here this weekend. Yesterday had loads of clouds and showers, but reached 25°C. Today, it’s feeling chilly with plenty of cloud and a keen NW’ly wind. It’s only 14°C at midday - Satellite pics show the cloud well.

B22653A6-1F58-4733-BEEC-34B48410E750.png

Posted

Here we go, that's more like it Warming up nicely.

20210613_113531.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
45 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

And parts of Worcestershire! Almost midday and we're only now starting to get very very hazy sunshine. Still only a few tiny actual blue breaks, though. A pretty warm feel already, but some proper sun before lunchtime (as repeatedly forecast) would really have been nice. And we haven't had it. Again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

Looks like we won't be reaching the 30c mark today meaning that stat will live for another year!

Looking at other 30c days in mid June you need temps 25c or above at 11am for it to reach that mark in the mid afternoon.

Today we're a couple of degrees below and cloud is appearing as well so 28c us the more likely max. 

Still, we could beat the daily record and it's still a lovely summers day!

And on that note, time to get off my phone!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Beautiful sunny weather and warm too this morning until 10 30 am now very cool and dark with awful laden skies,I give up as this was mot forecast but as many say it is the part of the world we are placed.

• Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Bradley in Kent said:

Looks like we won't be reaching the 30c mark today meaning that stat will live for another year!

Looking at other 30c days in mid June you need temps 25c or above at 11am for it to reach that mark in the mid afternoon.

Today we're a couple of degrees below and cloud is appearing as well so 28c us the more likely max. 

Still, we could beat the daily record and it's still a lovely summers day!

And on that note, time to get off my phone!

I’ve seen 23C at midday get to 30C by 4pm. Unusual, but subtle changes in wind direction can have an impact.

Edited by Djdazzle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Disappointing weather here this weekend. Yesterday had loads of clouds and showers, but reached 25°C. Today, it’s feeling chilly with plenty of cloud and a keen NW’ly wind. It’s only 14°C at midday - Satellite pics show the cloud well.

B22653A6-1F58-4733-BEEC-34B48410E750.png

That’s a shame especially as you are abroad you expect better! Yesterday was only 17/18°C here but very sunny and in the very strong sun felt more like 25°C - even in a fairly brisk WNW breeze. Was sat outside eating a 99 flake in just shorts and a t-shirt yesterday at around 7 pm. Was around 16°C and felt pleasant enough in the sun. 

Today mostly cloudy, a gentle breeze and currently 20°C. I’m in NW England so under a lot of cloud as the map shows. Temp forecast to reach 23°C today so not really a heatwave here (still around 5°C above average though).

Posted

A cloudy start here after a mostly clear night. Still mostly cloudy now and relatively cool at 21°C with a gentle westerly breeze. Max temp of 23°C forecast so not really a “heatwave” here. Bit disappointing given the forecast and after a sunny day yesterday as well. Still a few degrees above average though. 

D4413B2C-3FE1-43E3-8192-495E29C0B6C0.png

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Still 80% to 90% cloud cover here. At the current rate we won't have proper sunny weather until tea time. It's actually worse weather than yesterday in this part of the world, as temps are about the same but with all the cloud cover it feels much stickier.

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Still 80% to 90% cloud cover here. At the current rate we won't have proper sunny weather until tea time. It's actually worse weather than yesterday in this part of the world, as temps are about the same but with all the cloud cover it feels much stickier.

Completely overcast here, barely had any sun at all today, and despite the temperature actually being a few degrees higher than it was yesterday, it doesn’t feel it due to the complete lack of sun. It takes away the summery vibe as well. Just goes to show that temperature doesn’t mean everything in the summer. Sunshine and rainfall amounts are so much more important, especially to the overall feel of the weather. It can be 17° and sunny with light winds and feel tropical, it can be 23° but thick clouds, drizzle and a fresh breeze and feel cool. I know which I’d rather have. 

Very disappointing given the forecast. There’s still time for the Sun to make an appearance, but time is running out.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
36 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Yup, I thought it was clearing up where I am, the low cloud shifted, only to be replaced with endless cumulus. I really thought it was going to be a proper paddling pool in the garden scorcher today, but it's all a bit meh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

That’s a shame especially as you are abroad you expect better! Yesterday was only 17/18°C here but very sunny and in the very strong sun felt more like 25°C - even in a fairly brisk WNW breeze. Was sat outside eating a 99 flake in just shorts and a t-shirt yesterday at around 7 pm. Was around 16°C and felt pleasant enough in the sun. 

Today mostly cloudy, a gentle breeze and currently 20°C. I’m in NW England so under a lot of cloud as the map shows. Temp forecast to reach 23°C today so not really a heatwave here (still around 5°C above average though).

It’s a one day blip, thankfully. Sunny and 24°C tomorrow then getting some proper heat towards the end of the week for a few days, before a thundery breakdown ??
Fingers crossed that pointless cloud clears your location soon, it’s such an irritation in summer.

• Thanks 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s a one day blip, thankfully. Sunny and 24°C tomorrow then getting some proper heat towards the end of the week for a few days, before a thundery breakdown ??
Fingers crossed that pointless cloud clears your location soon, it’s such an irritation in summer.

Sun finally starting to break through here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

Tomorrow my weather app is just 17C here while 29C in London. I've never seen such a big contrast in such a short distance.  BBC news will probably run the usual "hottest day of the year" stories with pictures of kids playing in water fountains and adults eating ice cream while those outside London wonder what all the fuss is about 

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

Tomorrow my weather app is just 17C here while 29C in London. I've never seen such a big contrast in such a short distance.  BBC news will probably run the usual "hottest day of the year" stories with pictures of kids playing in water fountains and adults eating ice cream while those outside London wonder what all the fuss is about 

NW/SE split in full swing. At least Tuesday and Wednesday are forecast to be fairly warm though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

Had to come indoors as I could feel myself burning despite upping the sunscreen to factor 30. I hope those who have'nt had great weather this weekend get something nice soon. Here its been the best weekend of the year so far. Some pics of the sky earlier:

Torquay Marina June 2021.JPG

Torquay Waterfront Vista.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Certainly a trapped indoor day today for me! Far to hot out in strong June sunshine to be even remotely useable...least the footies on i suppose!

• Like 2