Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
7 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Not good.....woke completely cloudy yet again. This is getting beyond a joke now.

Looks like clearing where you are very shortly. England should see a sunnier day in general today. Fair amount of cloud here this morning with a strong breeze, hopefully some sun before the cold front sweeps through this evening.

Posted

Love the way how inaccurate the automated forecasts are!

Showing 27C for London tomorrow, when it’s blindingly obvious that 30C is under threat.

Posted

I’m camping tonight so I picked a decent day for it.

kind of glad it’s not going to be quite as hot as it was looking earlier in the week but it’s still going to feel warm enough!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Monday think full agreement now of a poor day, GFS only max 17 degrees, and bbc 19 degreees

Still showing 26 for monday here. Maybe Mondays cold front moving down quicker for some areas.

noticed an increase in temperature in general for wednesday too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Monday looking like the warmest day of the year here, 26c forcast

Pressure still not overly high so after the clearance of the low cloud low infill Cu rapidly bubbling up across the country, looks quite extensive across the south east. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, Azazel said:

I’m camping tonight so I picked a decent day for it.

kind of glad it’s not going to be quite as hot as it was looking earlier in the week but it’s still going to feel warm enough!

Aye, never be that hot with westerly flow, here today, Sunday, Tues and Wed look decent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
4 hours ago, Alderc said:

Not good.....woke completely cloudy yet again. This is getting beyond a joke now.

Plenty of sunshine here! Cool and fresh though with a stiff northwesterly. ☀️ Currently 15°C with 60% humidity.

Bet Markyo is loving this weather.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Plenty of sunshine here! Cool and fresh though with a stiff northwesterly. ☀️ Currently 15°C with 60% humidity.

Bet Markyo is loving this weather.

A lovely blue skied morning, a little breeze 18c...utterly perfect summers day...how did you know!

• Like 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye, never be that hot with westerly flow, here today, Sunday, Tues and Wed look decent

The forecast temps are changing all the time. Yesterday Sunday was forecast to be 25 and Wednesday 18, now Sunday forecast to be only 23 but Wednesday now 23! Wish the models would make up their mind!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, East Lancs Rain said:

The forecast temps are changing all the time. Yesterday Sunday was forecast to be 25 and Wednesday 18, now Sunday forecast to be only 23 but Wednesday now 23! Wish the models would make up their mind!

Roughly the same by me then a big dip forecast with fresher weather later in the week...sounds perfect!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Looking forward to fresher weather. Thursday was horrid, Friday was slightly better and today is quite nice so far. Got diagnosed with Asthma 2 days ago and promptly managed to set it off with the high humidity, pollen, traffic pollution or whatever it was... i'm new to it and still finding out what triggers it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers
11 hours ago, TheOgre said:

Wow. I wasn’t aware heat potential  was that low! What was it like there on 25 July 2019?

The nation's max temp from the July heatwave was 26.6C on the 22nd when the wind was initially southwest. The max on the 25th was 25.0C. Ireland is too far west to be directly impacted by southerly flows as low pressure sets up shop close to us. We need an easterly tilt to the wind. Years that 30C was achieved: 2018, 2016, 2013, 2006, 2005, 2003, 1995, 1990, 1989, 1983, 1976, 1975.

To keep on topic with this thread, personally I have not found it to be a bad or great June so far. Almost bone dry, not cold and often humid but not a lot of sunshine. Distinctly forgettable and boring. 

• Like 1

Temps struggling a little today, fortunately Bournemouth where I am is the warmest place in the country at the moment at 22.8C, but really only the south and east above 20C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
13 hours ago, TheOgre said:

Wow. I wasn’t aware heat potential  was that low! What was it like there on 25 July 2019?

We had a high national temperature of 240c in phoenix park Dublin and 22.3 oc at Dublin airport andn only 2.1 hrs of sunshine and there was 22.8mm of rain that day in valentia county kerry.. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
1 hour ago, BruenSryan said:

The nation's max temp from the July heatwave was 26.6C on the 22nd when the wind was initially southwest. The max on the 25th was 25.0C. Ireland is too far west to be directly impacted by southerly flows as low pressure sets up shop close to us. We need an easterly tilt to the wind. Years that 30C was achieved: 2018, 2016, 2013, 2006, 2005, 2003, 1995, 1990, 1989, 1983, 1976, 1975.

To keep on topic with this thread, personally I have not found it to be a bad or great June so far. Almost bone dry, not cold and often humid but not a lot of sunshine. Distinctly forgettable and boring. 

sorry wasnt aware there was a 25 degrres on the 25th

Posted

It's been a nice June here so far, temperatures consistently in the high 20s so not too hot but galaxies away from the cold, wet crud which blighted the second half of May. Almost no rain either, with just one brief downpour the other day (one local weather station is still on zero rainfall).

Things should heat up properly next week with temperatures into the 30s. Loving the lack of coolness and freshness! 

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

First 20c in almost a week here, feels tropical in the sun.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Alderc said:

Temps struggling a little today, fortunately Bournemouth where I am is the warmest place in the country at the moment at 22.8C, but really only the south and east above 20C.

22.8°C? Struggling?? Average June temp where you are is 20°C... You really are very pessimistic. Even when you're the warmest place in the country you still complain! It's only 17°C here with a stiff breeze but clear blue skies and I'm sat out in the garden in shorts and a t-shirt. Lovely and warm. ☀️

3 hours ago, BruenSryan said:

The funny thing was I never quite reached 30°C in 2018. I came close on a couple of days but didn't quite reach 30. 1st July 2015 reached 30°C though, despite most of the summer being much cooler and wetter than 2018.

1 hour ago, emmett garland said:

We had a high national temperature of 240c in phoenix park Dublin and 22.3 oc at Dublin airport andn only 2.1 hrs of sunshine and there was 22.8mm of rain that day in valentia county kerry.. 

Sounds grim. Recorded 33°C here, didn't see any rain and the day was mostly sunny.

20 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Made it to 25°C here. Warmest day of the year.

Only 17°C here with a stiff breeze but very clear skies, barely a cloud. The sun is very strong with high uv levels today so in the sun it feels much hotter than 17°C.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
7 minutes ago, Freeze said:

First 20c in almost a week here, feels tropical in the sun.

You've been very unlucky considering you're in the south, it's been above 20 most days this month here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

21C-24C in Torbay. There was some cloud around which was very close but didn't trouble us so a perfect day from start to finish. You can see in this picture I took at 12:15 there was still cloud out in East Devon/Dorset. A bit disappointing for them.

Looking East From Torquay.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, TQWX said:

21C-24C in Torbay. There was some cloud around which was very close but didn't trouble us so a perfect day from start to finish. You can see in this picture I took at 12:15 there was still cloud out in East Devon/Dorset. A bit disappointing for them.

Looking East From Torquay.JPG

I went on holiday there in August 2017. Beautiful place, felt like being abroad with the palm trees and the hot sunny weather, 23c feels more like 30c there because of the strong sun and high humidity.

34 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

22.8°C? Struggling?? Average June temp where you are is 20°C... You really are very pessimistic. Even when you're the warmest place in the country you still complain! It's only 17°C here with a stiff breeze but clear blue skies and I'm sat out in the garden in shorts and a t-shirt. Lovely and warm. ☀️

The funny thing was I never quite reached 30°C in 2018. I came close on a couple of days but didn't quite reach 30. 1st July 2015 reached 30°C though, despite most of the summer being much cooler and wetter than 2018.

Sounds grim. Recorded 33°C here, didn't see any rain and the day was mostly sunny.

Only 17°C here with a stiff breeze but very clear skies, barely a cloud. The sun is very strong with high uv levels today so in the sun it feels much hotter than 17°C.

Sorry I didn’t mean locally, i meant they were struggling generally at the time apart from here. We made it to a pleasant 25C so it did pretty well today.