Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Another chilly breezy cloudy summers day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
3 hours ago, Vansvansvans said:

Time for a reality check. We live in Northern Europe, not the Mediterranean. Manage your expectations; we won’t have 30 degrees and blue skies every day. Even if the weather is great, you’ll be moaning about a single cloud that might appear in a week. 

You live in a beautiful part of the country, whether it’s sunny, cloudy, or chucking it down. Bournemouth had lovely weather at the weekend and it’s going to be fine over the next few days. Isn’t there anything good you can take from that? If you’re desperate for tropical weather, come up to London for the day. Actually, stay for the night. It’s hideously humid - something to really whinge about. 

Brave...very brave post....i salute you.  If i posted that certain feline claws would be tearing me apart by now!

Edited by markyo
  • Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

Brave...very brave post....i salute you.  If i posted that certain feline claws would be tearing me apart by now!

It's not brave it's pointless because if you read through the comments no one ever said they wanted 30c and blue skies everyday. Just some sunshine.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Freeze said:

It's not brave it's pointless because if you read through the comments no one ever said they wanted 30c and blue skies everyday. Just some sunshine.

It is kinda annoying. We seem to get 2-3 good days of sun then back to cloud, cloud and more cloud in the South. It's been horrific for months. We all have a big deficiency in sun! I don't care if its 20c or 30c. All I want is clear sky and sun so I can sit out in it and enjoy it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
25 minutes ago, Freeze said:

I jest....Last word in the threads description...Banter. But only friendly. Are we not here for fun?

Edited by markyo
  • Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Yup, totally agree with you about the London bit. I think we got lucky this last few days temperature wise maxes of just 26/27 and thankfully the nights have been pretty cool,so far. 

Not sure I’d describe them as cool has been near 20C at midnight. Plus with humidity been unpleasant.

22B6FC23-A8DF-41D4-97FE-D705DFD09F5C.thumb.png.f77cc125838dd82bc3e3953acc26609b.png

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
55 minutes ago, markyo said:

I jest....Last word in the threads description...Banter. But only friendly. Are we not here for fun?

Absolutely. But, friendly banter is only fun when posters are not putting words in other people's mouths. 

Edited by Freeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Always feel a certain level of disappointment when we get a poor summer, hopefully this one will pull something out of the bag. Autumn and Winter I expect crud .

• Like 2

Posted

Amazing how the green snot seems to be finding its way back to us next week- remarkable after such an extended warmer spell. I was sure we'd seen the last of the green 850 hPa temps with all the warmer air being pumped to our north.

It really does amaze me- other countries in Europe never seem to suffer from this in summer.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, rory o gorman said:

Once the green snot of death kicks in often the whole summer is a write off.  OG members on here remember 07-12 with months of April showers and cold temperatures in mid Summer.  

Have you been booked yet to come back on 10th December to let everyone know winter is over too?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny days and balmy evenings.
Just now, Scorcher said:

Amazing how the green snot seems to be finding its way back to us next week- remarkable after such an extended warmer spell. I was sure we'd seen the last of the green 850 hPa temps with all the warmer air being pumped to our north.

It really does amaze me- other countries in Europe never seem to suffer from this in summer.

Absolutely gutted. I've taken up golf again for the first time in 8 years and heading to Belfast next Thursday. I've been following the posts on here closely and when the breakdown kept on being developed I feared the worst. Bloody typical. 

I'm hoping this unsettled spell is just a blip to look after the farmers and we can get back on track asap. That low trapped between two highs really gives me the blues in Summer...

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, thestixx said:

Absolutely gutted. I've taken up golf again for the first time in 8 years and heading to Belfast next Thursday. I've been following the posts on here closely and when the breakdown kept on being developed I feared the worst. Bloody typical. 

I'm hoping this unsettled spell is just a blip to look after the farmers and we can get back on track asap. That low trapped between two highs really gives me the blues in Summer...

I don't think it's going to be disastrous but I imagine it will be feeling much 'fresher' next week from midweek. A word I always dread in mid summer.

I'm sure it will be fine for golf. I play myself and I actually don't like playing that much on really hot days.

This is the big problem I have with the British summer though. More often than not we're on a knife-edge and once a breakdown happens, the air that is introduced is far too cool and the pattern then gets stuck in place.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
2 hours ago, Alderc said:

My eldest daughter is still only 3, that means I likely have at least 15years until I can emigrate somewhere warmer, thats assuming we are not in the midst of COVID-34 the Alpha Centauri strain. I love the UK, its my home but the climate absolutely sucks beyond belief. 

The anomalies only indicated a slight regression of high pressure however credit where credit is due GFS has again picked the pattern and pretty much stuck with now for 3 or 4 days. Yes the pattern can change but it needs to showing now as from the charts for Monday/Tuesday its very difficult to see how we dont get boxed in under a trough. 

Oh come on its not that bad, especially where you are down on the south coast. You are one of the sunniest places in the UK averaging around 1600 or 1700 hours a year. You are also one of the drier places too with only around 600 mm of annual rainfall. Spare a thought for those living up in Scotland! Or even northern England where I am! You moan more than people up north even though their weather is generally worse than yours!

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
36 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

Well considering we are right next to the Atlantic it’s not really amazing. There’s always  low-pressure up to the north during a warm spell and it only takes the jet stream to shift a bit southwards to change the pattern. The green snot can return at any time, even in a good summer.

Tad windy in Cornwall currently.....you reckon someone fired up Air Force One next to the Anemometer at Newquay airport? 

04A36F7A-A802-4035-A96E-49FEA7C13C5F.thumb.jpeg.beb16c450f2ab56b8dc5c6acbad56b86.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

People in the model discussion going on about a SE/NW split next week but we already have a SE,NW split now.

The last few days here even in just Wales have been overcast and cloudy and not like the more summery weather other areas seem to be getting.

2 minutes ago, wimblettben said:

People in the model discussion going on about a SE/NW split next week but we already have a SE,NW split now.

The last few days here even in just Wales have been overcast and cloudy and not like the more summery weather other areas seem to be getting.

Yup here in the south east it’s been warm, humid and temps low to mid twenties with decent sunshine 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

To be honest, a fresher feel I wouldn't mind. I found it uncomfortably humid for much of today, even though temps were only around 23 °C. What I don't want, though, is for that to be replaced by the kind of dreary, cold, wet weather we endured in May. Give me low 20s, fresher, less humid air and sunshine and I'll be very happy.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Oh come on its not that bad, especially where you are down on the south coast. You are one of the sunniest places in the UK averaging around 1600 or 1700 hours a year. You are also one of the drier places too with only around 600 mm of annual rainfall. Spare a thought for those living up in Scotland! Or even northern England where I am! You moan more than people up north even though their weather is generally worse than yours!

Why is it so hard for you to understand that this spell of weather here hasn't been that great? You can keep quoting as many statistics as you like, it doesn't change the facts.

As for being one of the drier places, that's complete nonsense!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

The UK climate is pants. Slightly more tolerable in the S and E, granted but still too cloudy and unpredictable in summer for my liking. I got out 2.5 years ago and I hope never to have to live in the UK again for the sake of my mental health. Sunshine goes a long, long way and shouldn’t be underestimated. 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Grim day yesterday- fog, drizzle. Not ideal working on the Hoe installing new pay and display machines!

Posted

It’s been a very very decent spell where I am, so can’t complain. No storms whatsoever though and none for the foreseeable keeping in-step with the shift that happened around 2007.

I didn’t see any rain in the forecast for last night so I put some bed sheets outside to dry but it rained in the night. Classic. 

• Like 1