Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

9 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

They did mention that today would not be as sunny in western parts, although you aren’t THAT far west!

Was expecting clear skies and some decent warming to start and then cloud from lunchtime. Again like yesterday dreadfully unlucky as a patch of low cloud appears to have formed over just this area. 

This week is turning out to be extremely disappointing given pressure been way above 1020mb all week.

B70EBF61-E2C8-459A-90DB-7949B180C1F5.thumb.jpeg.484e93a2ac2a8dc02594872719f57ad8.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

We’ve only had a handful of days reaching 20c here so far, all within the past week or so, and I see we’re going back to mid teens and showers.

Not impressed.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Weather-history said:

What's the betting it will be largely cloudy during the solar eclipse tomorrow, though?

Looking good at the moment- let's hope the cloud stays away all morning.

Edit- Just looked at the satellite- virtually cloudless here at the moment but cloud moving into western parts of the region.

Edited by Scorcher

Posted

I'd say it's been about average far this month here, maybe a touch above. Almost fully sunny yesterday. Also had a couple of sunnier days when further east was cloudy.

Some cloud and sunny intervals this morning. Tomorrow and Friday looks cloudier but Dartmoor can sometimes break up the cloud a bit here in SW tropical maritime airflows.

I notice temps are only forecast to get up to the low 20's here now though. Met Office has 21C every day from tomorrow to Monday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Cloud again.

Clear skies they said.. within 12 hours, it's completely different.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Sunny morning for once hope it stays. From now until next Tuesday nothing higher than 22c and that's on Monday, which is good as I'm off Monday! High humidity though will make it feel warmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

If I could bottle today and have it all summer then I would! Clear blue skies, a light breeze, and temperatures in the low to mid 20s. Perfect.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Warm again but mostly cloudy here (not that that bothers me though). Currently 21°C with a gentle SW breeze. Humidity around 60%.

Just checked my weather apps and they’re now only forecasting 23° here on Sunday, which to be honest I’m happy about because I’m not a big fan of heat. Yesterday it was forecasting 26, the day before 23 again. then only 17° forecast on Monday before returning to low 20s next week. There seems to be a lot of uncertainty with the temperatures at the moment.

All the time though there has been little to no rain in the forecast, no thundery breakdown forecast just light cloud/sunny intervals all the time. Quite boring to be honest. 

There’s nothing really hot forecast though which I’m quite happy about.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Weather-history said:

What's the betting it will be largely cloudy during the solar eclipse tomorrow, though?

Pretty much guaranteed. South-westerly wind, tropical Maritime flow, almost certainly going to be cloudy in Manchester. As they say though, at least it will be warm (in the winter in this setup they’d say mild).

Posted

Been really sunny today here ☀️23C. Tomorrow and Friday look overcast but fairly warm. Sunday is forecasted to be a hot day and it might reach 30C on June 13! Bit of a one day wonder though because Monday looks colder.

• Like 1

Posted

Clear all day and just topped out at 25.5C.

I dont know whether its because it has been cool for so long but it feels stifling. Pretty much at my limit until I can acclimatise at least.

• Like 2

Posted
26 minutes ago, reef said:

Clear all day and just topped out at 25.5C.

I dont know whether its because it has been cool for so long but it feels stifling. Pretty much at my limit until I can acclimatise at least.

Absolutely agree. Sleep has been getting hard to come by . This morning as it was raining it felt very refreshing and sitting down at lunchtime just fell asleep very soundly, real old man style.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

It is quite humid Reef.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

It's humid here but not warm enough to actually feel the full effect of it, I always feel it once it hits around 21-22c or higher.

Plus the breeze takes the edge off the humidity.

Edited by Freeze

10 hours ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

We’ve only had a handful of days reaching 20c here so far, all within the past week or so, and I see we’re going back to mid teens and showers.

Not impressed.

What do you expect living in dreary Glasgow, bit like someone moaning in the english riviera about nights not having severe frosts in winter.

Edited by Eugene

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Evening everyone.

I realise that I may be torn limb from limb and then battered with the soggy ends for saying this, but, as someone who was working outside in the direct sunlight this morning I was slowly being cooked!

When the cloud eventually rolled in this afternoon, a very pleasant cooling breeze came with it. 

From a personal perspective, it was a very welcome relief.  

• Like 4

Posted

Well according to the local weather station higham-weather.com I’ve had 5 hours of sun today. Must’ve all been in the early morning because since I’ve been awake it’s been nothing but wall to wall cloud here, apart from the briefest of sunny spells this evening. There’s also been a bit of patchy drizzle at times as well. Despite this, it’s still been a very mild/warm day, as is often the case with a SW wind in summer (or in winter for that matter) with temperatures reaching  a pleasant 21°C, with a gentle breeze. Also felt slightly more humid today but nothing oppressive. Tomorrow forecast to be cloudy and breezy and a bit cooler with a maximum of 19°C, before turning warmer and sunnier again by the weekend.

It’s been an exceptionally dry start to June with just 0.2 mm recorded here so far, and looking at the forecast that doesn’t look to change very much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

I don’t normally look in here much in the summer let alone post but blimey what on earth are people panicking about? It was only days ago I saw people saying about potential hot weather, plumes etc now all moaning about a cool down next week, at the end of the day whether it’s summer or winter the models are one giant rollercoaster, very small changes early on make big changes later down the line. What gets me it’s people that have been on here for years that still get sucked in. Get a grip it’s only the weather. Anyway enough moaning from me I’m going to enjoy the next few days and weekends weather and see where we are then. Probably a whole lot different that the outlook it looking at present 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
3 hours ago, Eugene said:

What do you expect living in dreary Glasgow, bit like someone moaning in the english riviera about nights not having severe frosts in winter.

Aye, I know we should be used to it, but usually it’s not quite as bad as this! We tend to get a decent spell in May which usually takes the edge off the disaster which is June. Really spoiling us this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
47 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

I don’t normally look in here much in the summer let alone post but blimey what on earth are people panicking about? It was only days ago I saw people saying about potential hot weather, plumes etc now all moaning about a cool down next week, at the end of the day whether it’s summer or winter the models are one giant rollercoaster, very small changes early on make big changes later down the line. What gets me it’s people that have been on here for years that still get sucked in. Get a grip it’s only the weather. Anyway enough moaning from me I’m going to enjoy the next few days and weekends weather and see where we are then. Probably a whole lot different that the outlook it looking at present 

It’s also not like we haven’t had lots of fine, warm weather these past couple of weeks too. 

This summer was never billed to be a classic, just a wax and wane of settled/unsettled periods. 

• Like 3

Posted

Lets look at the facts?? the last 2 weeks have been great.. its gonna be nice  tomorrow and the weekend.. Tuesday and Wednesday next week look fine.. (but that's to far away at the moment). The weather may well break down .In the long run. But its not even the middle of June yet. .Rest of June July August and September to go. we are not gonna get 3 months of wash out weather..July is usually the most reliable month. 

I can understand people worrying. with how poor our climate can be, but i personally I think 2021 will turn into an acceptable summer. 

• Like 1

Ugh absolute clagfest this morning, drizzle, low cloud hard to imagine were under high pressure and hard to imagine this crud clearing up much before 2 or 3pm.