Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Very unlucky, everywhere else is sunny. Is it sea fog or just cloud?

Mid level crap, cloud base is around 8,000ft. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Mid level crap, cloud base is around 8,000ft. 

If only you were taller, very much taller i mean.

soz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
3 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Wow. The second one looks extremely dark, like a nuclear winter. What a depressing spell of weather that was.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
14 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

Oh how we can dream. 20 days in a row of at least a shower, was gunning for 2007 for a few weeks.

I take it you like cold and wet summers then?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
18 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I take it you like cold and wet summers then?

To be honest I generally do like my summer in the March-June period so actually 2018 and 2020 were wonderful mostly. I have no problem with heat or the sun but I despise humidity. That and the fact I like extremes means that yes, I do favour a July-Oct Autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I might have been one of those who enjoyed the early part of that June 2019 spell due to location - I was in Exeter at the time and I remember getting a couple of rare thunder-days out of it, including quite a potent thunderstorm on 10 June, just to the west of the main rain area, with some fork lightning to the west.  (I didn't get many notable thunderstorms while I was in Exeter - occasionally I got big ones coming in off continental Europe if the surface winds were easterly and the upper winds southerly, but mostly it was just one or two rumbles).  If I remember rightly it turned generally dull and wet in Exeter for a while from the 11th though.  In my current area of the UK (Lincoln) it was a rather different story, exceptionally wet with flooding on the 10th-12th, caused by frontal rain.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
  • Like 1

Posted

I don't recall much thunder here in 2019 but last June delivered several storms here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

There was a decent thunderstorm on June 07th 2019 here too, in the evening. It wasn’t overhead but WSM got a direct hit and had to deal with some flooding. I think a school got hit by lightning.

Of course the thunder highlight of that year was the 23rd/24th July storms, after the hottest day of the year here. Also my birthday... so a perfect combo (like 2013).

Posted

We should be around the 70 hours mark here for sunshine by the end of today- a wonderful start to the month. A day today that was forecast to be sunny intervals has been virtually cloudless so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very nice few days here, with plenty of sunshine and temperatures peaking around 26-27°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
18 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Is that normal at this time of year?

not unusual to get snow in early June..think it has happened the last 2 years at least

Posted

Liverpool Airport strikes again- 2C warmer than any station within 25 miles.

I think there needs to be some investigation of that station. I know it's been official in the past but the recent readings have been dubious to say the least.

Especially when there are more favoured spots in the area that are noticeably cooler every day at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted

Another nice day here. Nothing too hot in the foreseeable future. Just pleasant temperatures in the 20 to 23° range. More in the way of cloud forecast for the rest of the week here with a SW wind before turning sunnier again by the weekend.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
5 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Another nice day here. Nothing too hot in the foreseeable future. Just pleasant temperatures in the 20 to 23° range. More in the way of cloud forecast for the rest of the week here with a SW wind before turning sunnier again by the weekend.

Sunday looks a tad on the warm side? Thank goodness its at a weekend. A day for catching on indoor jobs for me certainly!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

Sunday looks a tad on the warm side? Thank goodness its at a weekend. A day for catching on indoor jobs for me certainly!

Yes it does actually! Just checked the BBC Weather app now and it’s forecasting 26° for Sunday here. Yesterday when I checked it was only forecasting 23. It’s only a one-day wonder though, due to the heat bubble within the high-pressure. Could reach 30° down in the south-east, which would break the June 13th anomaly, the only date in summer never to record 30° in the UK.

After that it’s forecast to return back to low 20’s here.

• Like 1

Posted

Splendid day here. The sort of afternoon for sitting in a deckchair with knotted handkerchief on head, string vest and large ice cream with a double chocolate flake. Test match on the radio all washed down with a few ice cold ciders. 

Late August 2019 has a really nice thunderstorm here one of the strongest I've seen for a very long time here. Last May 2021, lots of thunderstorms too which was nice. June has been ok so far too for thunder we had a storm not long ago been quite thunder and rainy moreso than the past few years where I live I personally think anyway especially last May. 

Posted
20 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Splendid day here. The sort of afternoon for sitting in a deckchair with knotted handkerchief on head, string vest and large ice cream with a double chocolate flake. Test match on the radio all washed down with a few ice cold ciders. 

The life some people lead!

I’m doing 12 hour days as a security guard, and the only time I get to enjoy the weather is my lunch hour when I walk along the river lol. 

No double flake and ciders for me. Enjoy

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, TM1400 said:

Late August 2019 has a really nice thunderstorm here one of the strongest I've seen for a very long time here. Last May 2021, lots of thunderstorms too which was nice. June has been ok so far too for thunder we had a storm not long ago been quite thunder and rainy moreso than the past few years where I live I personally think anyway especially last May. 

2019 was a let down in west London, although some people told me they had storms overnight in July and June that year. 

I feel we will get a thunderstorm soon, with the humidity building soon. We had an epic overnight storm over the London area during the Euro 2016 competition. Think it was a Thursday night into a Friday morning. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

The life some people lead!

I’m doing 12 hour days as a security guard, and the only time I get to enjoy the weather is my lunch hour when I walk along the river lol. 

No double flake and ciders for me. Enjoy

Ah well. Tuesday is a non work day for me but back in the office in the morning so best not overdo it ! Cheers.

Once again wake up expecting blue skies and it’s completely cloudy. Ridiculous.

Might not see the sun until Friday afternoon at this rate. 

Edited by Alderc

Posted
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Once again wake up expecting blue skies and it’s completely cloudy. Ridiculous.

They did mention that today would not be as sunny in western parts, although you aren’t THAT far west!

• Like 1

Posted
14 hours ago, Scorcher said:

We should be around the 70 hours mark here for sunshine by the end of today- a wonderful start to the month. A day today that was forecast to be sunny intervals has been virtually cloudless so far.

What's the betting it will be largely cloudy during the solar eclipse tomorrow, though?

• Like 1