Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted

My summer forecast for 2021 just got back to London today and written it up. 

file.jpg
WWW.THESNOWDREAMERWXBLOG.COM

Meteorological summer is here, and attention is increasingly drawn to what the weather is doing; in a time of limited foreign travel, the weather the UK...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Did Netweather not release a summer forecast this year.

Posted
27 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Did Netweather not release a summer forecast this year.

Due out 31st August, tis expected to be astonishingly accurate...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Synoptic pressure chart from this day two years ago... What a contrast to now!

I remember some people on here actually enjoyed that spell of weather as well.

IMG_1178.PNG

IMG_1174.PNG

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

IMG_1178.PNG

IMG_1174.PNG

A bigger contrast from last year

AVN_1_2020060700_1.thumb.png.8e5f90938981adcd464249b698058eec.png

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

IMG_1178.PNG

IMG_1174.PNG

Oh how we can dream. 20 days in a row of at least a shower, was gunning for 2007 for a few weeks.

Edited by summer blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

Usual miserable dire summer N/S split coming up. Looks pretty grotty for my area and looks like mid winter for parts of Scotland. I really dont know why people living in North are getting so excited over London having a heatwave. No much fun when your not from the SE. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, 38.7°C said:

Usual miserable dire summer N/S split coming up. Looks pretty grotty for my area and looks like mid winter for parts of Scotland. I really dont know why people living in North are getting so excited over London having a heatwave. No much fun when your not from the SE. 

Aye, sometimes you'd think Jon Snow lives there, more like an August setup, hoping to be decent enough here, as it's not an E'ly

Posted
2 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

Tbf it has been a lot sunnier in the NW than a lot of southern areas. I suspect that to flip during the weekend 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yes, I've been noticing a lot of conflicting posts regarding sunshine, but I think a lot of it is down to location.  On average the south coast of England is the sunniest part of the UK, but during this June so far many parts of central and northern England have had more sunshine than the south coast - hence sunshine being a little below normal in some southern coastal areas, but well above in many central and northern areas.  (I'm not so sure about Wales or Scotland sunshine wise).   

I agree that it looks like flipping around as we move into an anticyclonic/south-westerly type.  I look set to be just on the right side of the NW-SE divide over the coming week, but it could be a frustrating spell of weather for many of those over much of Scotland, Wales and the north and west of England.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Frigid said:

Tbf it has been a lot sunnier in the NW than a lot of southern areas. I suspect that to flip during the weekend 

Quite typical for the NW-SE divide to resurface in June. April and May often bring a role reverse with western and northern parts doing equally if not sometimes better than eastern parts at least sunshine wise, thanks to northerly and easterly airstreams being just as likely as westerly. Come June the westerlies and southwesterlies often return with associated dank cloudy gloom at times.. the divide showing it's full hand by August.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

with everyone talking about heat etc..think yourself lucky..here we have a winter storm warning in effect for Western Alberta with snowfall of up to 40cm forecast for the next 24hrs...mind you 30c is forecast for next week here though 

• Like 2

Posted
18 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

with everyone talking about heat etc..think yourself lucky..here we have a winter storm warning in effect for Western Alberta with snowfall of up to 40cm forecast for the next 24hrs...mind you 30c is forecast for next week here though 

Is that normal at this time of year?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
3 hours ago, 38.7°C said:

What are you talking about??? Looks very warm and sunny next weekend in Manchester to me! 25°C and sunny skies forecast for Sunday. Tomorrow and Wednesday forecast to have plenty of sunshine as well.

Weather forecast for Manchester, Manchester. Sunday: Sunny. Max 25°C, min 13°C. Wind 9mph W.

og-image.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

14-day weather forecast for Manchester.

I honestly can't believe the amount of negativity in this thread today. Anyone would think we were due a washout. God forbid if we get a 2007/2012 pattern going.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Certainly looking like tough several days coming up for those whose jobs are effected by heat, not looking forward to it at all. By far its the humidity that may be the issue, looking very unpleasant at times. 

Well that’s a fail, clear blue skies to totally overcast in 15mins!

come on give me a break!!

A5389DA5-94ED-4374-AA1A-EDA0BC0E3625.thumb.jpeg.c2ce3bd72d248248935fcf77466e168e.jpeg

Edited by Alderc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
10 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yep. Ridiculous.

Same here. Not a complete cloud blanket but much more than an hour ago...

21 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yep. Ridiculous.

This must be the third or fourth in the last two weeks. That thin slither of cloud is perfectly aligned to pump in mid level cloud which is notoriously difficult to shift for the next few hours. Temps could easily be 3-5C lower than I thought today, was really hoping for 22-24C. 

7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Thursday looks to be overcast as well..

To be honest tomorrow as well, Friday doesn’t look great either. Could be very disappointing for week with so much promise. Cloud will probably clear about 7pm as per usual....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Well that’s a fail, clear blue skies to totally overcast in 15mins!

come on give me a break!!

A5389DA5-94ED-4374-AA1A-EDA0BC0E3625.thumb.jpeg.c2ce3bd72d248248935fcf77466e168e.jpeg

Very unlucky, everywhere else is sunny. Is it sea fog or just cloud?