Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
6 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Looks absolutely boiling in London and it's only early June!  Glad I'm not down there!

Which website did did you get that forecast from?

Crazy how the temperature just rockets so easily these days, I mean we haven't even got a Spanish plume or  really high upper air temperatures just high-pressure and a gentle south-easterly flow.

It did this in 1994 and 1995. 

Posted

Mid twenties in London in June is hardly a big deal. Quite pleasant. Nothing exceptional. If it were mid 30s I would understand the excitement. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
9 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Looks absolutely boiling in London and it's only early June! 

Crazy how the temperature just rockets so easily these days, I mean we haven't even got a Spanish plume or  really high upper air temperatures just high-pressure and a gentle south-easterly flow.

Keep in mind that we were under warm uppers yesterday, in the region of +12 so that can easily translate to high twenties.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
23 hours ago, Thundery wintry showers said:

I would like to mention that April wasn't generally cloudy or drizzly though, averaged nationally it was about as sunny as last year's April and it was also very dry.  There is a tendency to refer to all cold weather after an arbitrary date in March as grey and damp, probably because it isn't wanted.  I can't deny that May was a dull wet month for most though, with a few autumnal depressions thrown in, notably on the first Bank Holiday Monday.

It does feel as if the weather has flicked a switch into summer following nothing summer-like after the brief warm spell at the end of March (April was sunny and dry as noted earlier, but for the most part too chilly to resemble summer).  It's happened before - early June 1975's switch-around following a very cold spring was a particularly famous example.

Yes what a switch around,after a cold start with Snow here in the Pennines June 1975 ended up in the top 5 warmest Junes in the last 50 years and the Sunniest of the lot even beating 1976.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Well what a rapid change from the abysmal April & May weather (IMBY) to summer-like in the capital. 

Would love a few more weeks of this before we get any humid and thundery weather. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
10 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Looks absolutely boiling in London and it's only early June!  Glad I'm not down there!

Which website did did you get that forecast from?

It's from WeatherOnline.

It's a beautiful early summer forecast; perfect summer temperatures without being too hot or humid (though I do like hot days too). Definitely needed after the last 2 months! I wouldn't say it has 'rocketed', considering it's been in the 20s for about a week now. That forecast would have been fairly normal in the Junes of 2006, 2010, 2017 and 2018. In 2010 and 2017 however, the summer pretty much disappeared completely in the 2nd half of July, leaving us with cloudy or wet 20-22c days for all of August.

The last 7 days temps in London. Seems like a fairly normal progression to a summer warm spell.

21.2c, 19.7c, 21.6c, 21.5c, 24.1c, 25.7c, 27.9c.

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
5 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

But we’ve only had a few sunny warm days since last weekend. We could do with a few weeks of sunny weather. 

What I don’t want is this grey dull clag we seem to end up with, and it either becomes cool again or turns humid. 

Me neither, but I find I get fed up with any weather type that goes on for too long. The warmth also builds up in the house too. Not saying I’m fed up of this weather already, no way, but I like a summer with regular cool/wet periods in between the warm days rather than just continuous heat and sun.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

Yeah June is always hot in London every year.. its always dry as well 

Not in June 2012 or first half of June 2019 it wasn’t! It was chilly and wet like everywhere else!

Posted
4 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Mid twenties in London in June is hardly a big deal. Quite pleasant. Nothing exceptional. If it were mid 30s I would understand the excitement. 

London just seems to be very warm/hot most of the time in summer these days. 

Overcast here but still feeling warm currently about 18° with around 75% humidity.

Posted
6 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

I was being ironic :).. 

Oh..

Posted

Looks pretty good here next week. Much more comfortable temps than London and still mostly dry and sunny.

IMG_0911.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
2 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

London just seems to be very warm/hot most of the time in summer these days. 

Overcast here but still feeling warm currently about 18° with around 75% humidity.

Not really. Other than the August heatwave, and the one day heat spikes in late June and late July, most of last summer was not very warm or hot.

June 2020

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Résumé mensuel des observations météo ( températures minimales et maximales, précipitations et ensoleillement) de la station London / Heathrow (UK) ( United Kingdom )

July 2020

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Résumé mensuel des observations météo ( températures minimales et maximales, précipitations et ensoleillement) de la station London / Heathrow (UK) ( United Kingdom )

August 2020

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Posted

Very murky here today. Looks like it could rain at any moment although it’s not forecast.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
14 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Surprised you didn’t leap for it last August I did midway through heatwave...  

That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me! No more heatwave misery for me.

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Another poor day here. Just 15°C and spitting with rain.

Shorts and t-shirt weather for Markyo! Lol.

Posted
1 hour ago, B87 said:

Not really. Other than the August heatwave, and the one day heat spikes in late June and late July, most of last summer was not very warm or hot.

Maybe in your opinion, but those temperatures look mostly very warm or hot to me with temperatures in the mid to upper 20s a lot of the time, with very few days with maximums below 20°. That would be considered an extremely hot and dry summer up here. I guess it’s all relative though. Your chilly is my mild. Your mild is my warm. You’re pleasantly warm is my boiling hot.

44 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Another poor day here. Just 15°C and spitting with rain.

Yup, it’s really quite poor now light rain set in. Forecast a couple of days ago had the shower risk for yesterday but then quickly returning to bright, dry and sunny conditions. Poor day today, looks poor again tomorrow as well now! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow

It's been miserable and overcast all day today here, with the odd glimpse of the sun.  Spitting with rain!  16 degrees.  The heating has come on again!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely early summer day here, plenty of sun and 25°C, perfect  

Posted
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Yup, it’s really quite poor now light rain set in. Forecast a couple of days ago had the shower risk for yesterday but then quickly returning to bright, dry and sunny conditions. Poor day today, looks poor again tomorrow as well now! 

Nooo don't tell me that! We managed 2 days of full sun and then thats it! Back to sodding cloud! Why are we getting this?!