Local
Radar
Pollen

Super League... Disgrace

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
    1 hour ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Supporter owend but liepzig who was founded 11 years ago is set to join

They probably just want there name pronounced right.

Leepzig.

• Like 1

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    Posted
    10 hours ago, kold weather said:

Serious question here, this is the current teams that would be in the Champions League next year should the Super League start early/get expelled from the champs:

West Ham, Leicester, Everton, Leeds ,PSG, Bayern, Napoli, Lazio, Roma, RB Leipzig, Eintracht Frankfurt, Wolfsburg, Seville, Villareal, Betis, Monaco, Sporting Lisbon, Porto, Rangers, Zenit St petersburg, Ajax, PSV

Is that really any weaker than the #superleague? I mean I know you've got the two Spanish giants and Man City in that league, but every other team in there has been very beatable this season and most have been playing pretty averagely. 

I personally think that the champions League as it stands is stronger...

Of course I'd be stunned if a few of those don't end up shifting over to the super league though.

Excellent idea. More intresting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm.
    1 hour ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Oh, I thought it was only Bayern and Dortmund who were asked. 

Edited by Eagle Eye

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
    6 hours ago, CreweCold said:

So say we carry on as we are now...what happens in years to come. I'll tell you...City and PSG alternate winning the CL every year , City win the PL every year. Other self made teams cannot keep up with the spending from these clubs. So my questions are 1) Do you think some reform is needed and 2) if yes, what do you suggest happens?

We cannot carry on down the path that we are. We are essentially reaping the fallout here from the Chelsea, City, PSG takeovers that were passed through. 

Reform has to come at some point whether people like it or not.

Dominant teams come and go, look at Liverpool in the 80s and Man United in the 90s. It's not as though a team that was 2000/1 won the title 5 years ago either. 

Poor argument. 

Perez also going on about saving football as well, absolute rubbish. If they have unsustainable debt, they should be punished for it like what Leeds were in the early 2000s.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
    7 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Good were hated we deserve to be hated 

To be fair, as much as I despise United and Liverpool, it's not the fault of the players, managers or fans who nearly universally hate it. I genuinely feel sorry for most United and Liverpool fans on this because you're going to be lumped into the same bracket as the billionaires who want this. 

No real football fan wants this. 

• Like 5

Posted
    2 hours ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

No thats been disproven now, they are not joining. No German team has yet joined.

I made a post last night that outlined all teams that have been offered but refused.

This is such a poisoned chalice at the moment I think they are probably going to have to look further afield into E.Europe to stand a chance...the so called 'smaller CL clubs' that they apparently wanted to not play.

EDIT - This is the list of teams who have been asked bu8t have been confirmed to have refused. More have possibly been asked and may have accepted but are lying low for a bit:

Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig, BvB, PSG, Sevilla, Porto, Ajax

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

"honest UEFA Supporter since 2003", lol. 

Posted
    5 hours ago, CreweCold said:

If you can’t see the way the league and CL is going then more fool you. Liverpool FC is steeped in history but it’ll be a distant memory if oil clubs monopolise everything due to outspending everyone else. 

There are probably two issues at play here.

1: There is a strong dominance by the oil teams that will probably make leagues less competitive. However that has always been the case where teams have hugely dominant runs and as has been said things do eventually change, sometimes from unexpected locations.

2: What this *really* is is bigger teams feeling increasingly threatened by upcoming teams who now have enough financial firepower both from owners and TV money to compete with those big teams. No longer can a Man U or Liverpool simply offer a sub standard amount of money and expect another prem team to bow down and accept it like a begger.

What this has done is meant the quality of the teams below that has risen to such an extent that the traditional big 4 have to either plunge far more money in again (which is antihetical to these investment owners for obvious reasons)  or accept they will have seasons where a West Ham, or Leicester, or Everton, etc will replace them within the top 4 at times.

Of course this can;'t be allowed for one simple reason. All their financial investment and value is through them being part of the biggest club football comp. Without it being a regular thing the debt and other issues start to become a much larger problem.

What is the way to solv e that problem for the traditional clubs.

Thats right, simply make it a closed shop so they ALWAYS get the money.

Investment likes certainty afterall.

Crewe, I'll ask you a question, where do we stop with this reforms? Because your Man /Utd will soon morph into a literally different team. Why stay in Manchester when you can go to Shanghai with a far larger richer population? Do you support that?

This must be stopped, otherwise we may as well just disband all football and become effectively the NFL mk.2.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
    11 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

"honest UEFA Supporter since 2003", lol. 

I guess someone has to support it... even if they're not real. 

Posted
    1 minute ago, Nick L said:

I guess someone has to support it... even if they're not real. 

I suppose they are the new digital fans that people keep talking about.

• Like 1

Posted

i really cant see this going through   if one drops they all fall

Posted
    1 minute ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Damage is done its beyond repair, i love liverpool but fsg need to do one 

Strange  FSG  have done well for Lpool over the years    brought in Klopp invested in the squad  for it all to be destroyed over this.  Kronke   the glaciers  and levy   i can understand     

Posted

Its upto us as fans to make it such a toxic thing that it becomes untenable to go ahead with it. Then its upto to government to put in things that make it so difficult to workaround that nothing short of an utter cleveage of all history will allow them to do it (aka relocation of all teams) and if they do that it will expose them for what they are, greedy money hogging B*******

Anyhow:

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

Posted
    Posted (edited)
    3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Strange  FSG  have done well for Lpool over the years    brought in Klopp invested in the squad  for it all to be destroyed over this.  Kronke   the glaciers  and levy   i can understand     

The man has no sence of the word we are liverpool 

Edited by Wiltshire_snow_lover
    • Like 1

Posted
    6 minutes ago, weirpig said:

i really cant see this going through   if one drops they all fall

Yes, probably this. One journo already suggesting that a couple of clubs are getting cold feet:

It's notable that no-one has any idea who the other 3 closed shop clubs are yet. They are probably hunting around the the continent (or even the MLS?) to find a taker as we speak.

• Like 1

Posted

Cannot wait for the final two games of the season when fans are back. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
    6 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Kronke has already ruined our club, this latest move really is no surprise at all 😡

• Like 1

Posted
    2 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

Yes, probably this. One journo already suggesting that a couple of clubs are getting cold feet:

It's notable that no-one has any idea who the other 3 closed shop clubs are yet. They are probably hunting around the the continent (or even the MLS?) to find a taker as we speak.

Spurs and Arsenal suffering from imposter syndrome? 🤣

• Thanks 1

Posted
    Just now, Yarmy said:

Quite literally that is what is happening. My guess is they thought PSG, Bayern and BvB would go along with it to make the 15. When those three denied it, even for the time being (and I think PSG will go for it post WC 2022).

@CreweCold for reform by the way, I'd suggest the concept of a super league is NOT what quite a few people are against. What they are against is making it a total closed shop with no relegation. I suspect even if there was a weaker relegation/promotion clause in there would appease a decent amount of the shock at this. 

• Like 3