Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
    20 hours ago, AWD said:

Prepare to potentially be even more shocked then.  I'm in agreement with you, I fully think there should be punishment, but will the relevant authorities have the balls to properly punish the involved teams?  Only time will tell.

According to that article I posted above, there are already hints and split opinions within the other 14 PL clubs on what, if any, punishment should be given.  That's never a great sign.

Do you recall the fuss between Spurs and Swindon Town, a few years' back? We got a points-deduction that was later rescinded; Swindon got dumped into the third tier . . . one rule for some, different rules for the rest?🤔

• Like 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 474
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And yet here we are...   Pure football snobbery.

You’re a product consumer then, not a football fan. 

Ironic, as I recall you moaning about having to watch Leicester in the Champions League. A team who got there by having the sheer audacity of being better than everyone else while playing dynamic, exc

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Instead of points deductions, maybe substantial fines could be issued to each of the 6 clubs that are then distributed down the pyramid as solidarity payments? That way the clubs would be seen to have been punished, but in a way that actually helps out and begins to recover their reputations.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
    2 hours ago, General Cluster said:

Do you recall the fuss between Spurs and Swindon Town, a few years' back? We got a points-deduction that was later rescinded; Swindon got dumped into the third tier . . . one rule for some, different rules for the rest?🤔

If I remember rightly we successfully argued against the points deduction on the grounds that the owners of the club at the time were being unfairly punished for the misdemeanors  committed by the previous owners.  I think it was possibly the only positive impact Alan Sugar had on the club!

Probably has some resonance in this instance.  But legally I should imagine it would be hard to prove the clubs have actually broken any rules if the Super League is not going ahead.  What needs to happen now to protect the game in the future is that the rules are adapted to reflect that evidence of such discussions taking place is punishable by points deductions and cup exclusions. 

• Like 1
    Posted
    1 hour ago, Timmytour said:

If I remember rightly we successfully argued against the points deduction on the grounds that the owners of the club at the time were being unfairly punished for the misdemeanors  committed by the previous owners.  I think it was possibly the only positive impact Alan Sugar had on the club!

I remember that because at about the same time my local non-league club got kicked out of the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup. They had fielded a player in the previous rounds who was ineligible because he had been sent off in a pre-season 5-a-side tournament for a different club. He hadn't informed the club, and he wasn't even aware that he had to. The FA acknowledged this, but kicked them out anyway and the club missed out on a several thousands of pounds of much-needed revenue for a home tie that was expected to attract a 2000+ crowd.

Posted

UEFA chairman about  any champions league ban this season  for Real  and any other club   last few words sound interesting

"Therefore, there is a relatively small chance that this match will not take place next week. But it will be a little different in the future."

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
    12 minutes ago, weirpig said:

UEFA chairman about  any champions league ban this season  for Real  and any other club   last few words sound interesting

"Therefore, there is a relatively small chance that this match will not take place next week. But it will be a little different in the future."

So if we take out the Dirty half-dozen that would leave Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Leeds in the Champions League spots with Villa and Wolves competing. That would be excellent.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
    24 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

So if we take out the Dirty half-dozen that would leave Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Leeds in the Champions League spots with Villa and Wolves competing. That would be excellent.

Not so sure the last two is quite so excellent from my perspective.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
    6 hours ago, General Cluster said:

Yup know all about double standards.

Pity the chairmen themselves don't get the fines

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
    52 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Might that be because they've already pulled out of the ECA.

All twelve teams did that well according to tweets anyway. I've not read anything about it since, but may have been bull anyway.

Posted
    4 hours ago, Timmytour said:

Probably has some resonance in this instance.  But legally I should imagine it would be hard to prove the clubs have actually broken any rules if the Super League is not going ahead.  

Its probably going to be a lawyers dream. By announcing you've created a new league that clearly had the funding/contracts, etc I think a strong argument could be made to say they broke law 9 which is about entering/playing in a non sanctioned league/cup. Still its not a slam dunk given the timeline involved was quite short

I fully support what @Yarmy said. My personal ideal is a 50 million fine (for these clubs that shouldn't too insane of a total, given West Ham were punished 30 million back in the day for Tevez saga) which as you say Yarmy should be used as a covid relief fund for the lower league clubs, or as an emergency fund for clubs that get into trouble through unexpected events.

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
    2 hours ago, Yarmy said:

Yeah I really cant wait to watch a Champions league made up with those teams - not 🤣

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
    2 hours ago, Yarmy said:

In that case, why were you so dead set against them leaving then?

Posted
    3 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Is no-one thinking about the players?  Wow  however he is right about the new format  not about the games  but the wild card aspect  is shocking    and just as shocking  is even during the current format ajax as to go through a qualifying  round even if they win the league    

Posted
    3 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

In that case, why were you so dead set against them leaving then?

I’m dead set against the principle of a corrupt invitation-only league. I’m 100% in favour of the perpetrators being kicked out of European competition, as seems likely to happen tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Snow & Warm lazy Summer Days
    11 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

I’m dead set against the principle of a corrupt invitation-only league. I’m 100% in favour of the perpetrators being kicked out of European competition, as seems likely to happen tomorrow.

Really, will the sponsors tolerate that, without there main attractions not participating?? Cant see that tbh

Btw i agree with the first part of ure post

Edited by Wold Topper
    Posted
    1 minute ago, Wold Topper said:

Really, will the sponsors tolerate that, without there main attractions not participating?? Cant see that tbh

Yeah, I don’t know really, but Ceferin seems intent on justice. It would probably be good PR for the sponsors anyway, but I don’t doubt that he would consult them first before swinging the axe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Snow & Warm lazy Summer Days
    2 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

Yeah, I don’t know really, but Ceferin seems intent on justice. It would probably be good PR for the sponsors anyway, but I don’t doubt that he would consult them first before swinging the axe.

Ceferin does seem to want make a point but it might end up being sabre rattling, it is very precarious at the moment, i have posted before that changes are afoot and Uefa are not fit for purpose 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
    19 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Btw i agree with the first part of ure post

Yeah nothing will happen. They’re not going to kick out the biggest revenue makers. The very definition of shooting yourself in the foot.

There will be a bit of posturing, a few strong words given out laden with fake intent and that will be that.

Edited by CreweCold
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Bad news for the clubs that have left they signed a binding contract so will either have to pay up big style or rejoin at a later date.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
    4 hours ago, The PIT said:

Bad news for the clubs that have left they signed a binding contract so will either have to pay up big style or rejoin at a later date.

I’m guessing it’ll come back to the table in a different form, perhaps with an added incentive for lower clubs.

Posted
    42172584-0-image-a-10_1619296560437.jpg
    WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW BY ROB DRAPER: Speaking exclusively to The Mail on Sunday, the Slovenian lawyer, who was elected UEFA president in 2016, has thanked English football

I really hope these clubs will be punished.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
    15 hours ago, The PIT said:

I saw this coming, also have any of the club's, rejoined the European club association yet. It's essential to get games in the champions League, by what I've read. Which might have been what the "might be different in the future" comment made the other day came from. They may have punished themselves.