Jump to content
Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Storms and convective discussion - 1st April 2021 onwards


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Cleeve, North Somerset
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
  • Location: Cleeve, North Somerset
    4 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

    If  we dont get the storms then i dont want the rain lol!!rather miss out altogether and stay dry!!

    Totally agree. Just rain is pointless. We’ve got the weekend onwards for that lol. 

    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    Posted
  • Location: Ludlow, Shropshire
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
  • Location: Ludlow, Shropshire

    Brighton is always a good spot.     Like snow though, no one will know the exact location or time.
     

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: London
  • Weather Preferences: Lighting and sunshine
  • Location: London
    Just now, StormChaseUK said:

    Brighton is always a good spot.     Like snow though, no one will know the exact location or time.
     

    What we do know for sure is that Brighton is dead centre of Convective Weather's moderate zone

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Congleton
  • Location: Congleton

    Everybody bar SE getting excited because the runs went slightly west yesterday, it was always going to be a Kent clipper and London show maybe. These kind of MCS systems always are. Looking forward to seeing the photos tonight 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Ludlow, Shropshire
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
  • Location: Ludlow, Shropshire
    Just now, Azuremoon2 said:

    Everybody bar SE getting excited because the runs went slightly west yesterday, it was always going to be a Kent clipper and London show maybe. These kind of MCS systems always are. Looking forward to seeing the photos tonight 

    Yes the West get homegrown decent storms,  the SE usually get the imports.   (Elevated)    
    Although sometimes the SW,  Bath, Bristol,  East Wales has a good knack of developing Elevated lightning shows.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Bournemouth
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, Very Warm, Warm! Sunshine & TS
  • Location: Bournemouth

    BBC go east with their forecast this evening. 

     

    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Woodchurch, Kent.
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm.
  • Location: Woodchurch, Kent.
    4 minutes ago, Alderc said:

    BBC go east with their forecast this evening. 

     

    You can see what's building behind it as well, that's looking like it could be a good show on a lot of models. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Fareham, Hampshire
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
  • Location: Fareham, Hampshire
    14 minutes ago, StormChaseUK said:

    Yes the West get homegrown decent storms,  the SE usually get the imports.   (Elevated)    
    Although sometimes the SW,  Bath, Bristol,  East Wales has a good knack of developing Elevated lightning shows.

    And for those smack bang in the middle of the West and SE (i.e. me!) we often get naff all (hence my refusal to get excited yet) 🤣

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: west suffolk 12 metres asl
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/misty sunrises/
  • Location: west suffolk 12 metres asl
    22 minutes ago, Alderc said:

    BBC go east with their forecast this evening. 

     

    Sussex/Kent/Essex-clipper😂

    Edited by Sprites
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Salzburger Sportwelt Lungau/ Pongau Region. Somtimes Skipton UK
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
  • Location: Salzburger Sportwelt Lungau/ Pongau Region. Somtimes Skipton UK

    Looks like an interesting 12 -24 hours weather watching for you guys. Hot continental air mass now pushing north into England and Wales. The plume should produce some isolated imported storms into the south later with some big tops forecast, but the main action could occur along the cold front out west with the added complication of what now seems to be some sort of short wave on its ascending movement. Always a difficult one to forecast the exact location of thundery activity. More a case of now forecasting. Enjoy your day. Hot and sunny over here ,well from the upcoming actions your way !

     C

    • Like 3
    • Thanks 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Ludlow, Shropshire
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
  • Location: Ludlow, Shropshire
    10 minutes ago, carinthian said:

    Looks like an interesting 12 -24 hours weather watching for you guys. Hot continental air mass now pushing north into England and Wales. The plume should produce some isolated imported storms into the south later with some big tops forecast, but the main action could occur along the cold front out west with the added complication of what now seems to be some sort of short wave on its ascending movement. Always a difficult one to forecast the exact location of thundery activity. More a case of now forecasting. Enjoy your day. Hot and sunny over here ,well from the upcoming actions your way !

     C

    Good point MCS can sometimes form/get caught up in the frontal system.   (don't think that will happen today though)  depends how much heat is drawn up in front of it.

     

    Screenshot_4.jpg

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: South East UK, Reigate
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive
  • Location: South East UK, Reigate

    I've just digested Nick Finnis' Netweather forecast. Thanks, Nick (and also Dan). 

    Could be in for an interesting Kent Clipper..!   😁

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Bexley (home), C London (work)
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
  • Location: Bexley (home), C London (work)

    Few sferics already showing up around the Brest Peninsula.

    • Like 3
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Southsea, Hampshire
  • Location: Southsea, Hampshire

    It's very cloudy/cruddy here in Pompey...I rem that not being a good thing, but , it's in the lap of the storm gods

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Belper, Derbyshire
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
  • Location: Belper, Derbyshire

    As we approach our first potential plume of the year it's time for a new thread. Going to lock this thread and start a new one shortly. 

    • Like 5
    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Strood, Kent, 19 feet above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
  • Location: Strood, Kent, 19 feet above sea level

    Will repost in the new thread.

    Edited by Met4Cast
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Belper, Derbyshire
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
  • Location: Belper, Derbyshire

    New thread here

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.
    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...