Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and convective discussion - 1st April 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Would like to see movement central to a line from Weymouth to Peterborough, this would wake me up in the night and keep me happy driving and working around Peterborough in my truck lmao. Guess we can all live in hope.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Like you just said, GFS and ICON models in a perfect place for most across Southern UK. Really looking to be an exciting day! image.thumb.png.9faa4c77d845c2f7a6f47b83b81876fe.pngimage.thumb.png.447cb7b835626a077fcbcdacab426291.png

Other models as well looking good... waiting for 12z ARPEGE. It will be exciting to see the AROME tomorrow

image.thumb.png.40821bfa0a97282e5bb30cd8b05e6ad7.png

I really didnt expect to see that much of a shove west on latest gfs!!!especially with all the eastward shift in the last 3 runs!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Nothing to look at here again, as per.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Precipitation modelling looks good but I’m not seeing huge amounts of instability - some, but not much. This will be critical for sparks, so I’m hoping the models show a little more of this over the next 24 hours (as well as keeping the track broadly consistent).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Nothing to look at here again, as per.

nothing for NW midlands, just an absolute washout, timed for the day, temps at 13 degrees,

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like I might miss out as well needs to come west a bit more,from a selfish point of view. If this does come off we need to see some decent pics

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
1 minute ago, camturbo said:

Looks like I might miss out as well needs to come west a bit more,from a selfish point of view. If this does come off we need to see some decent pics

Camera batteries are fully charged  Just need the storms to actually come to the IOW/nearby English Channel...

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

NMM 12z for that matter, looking promising.

1305565362_Nmm12z.thumb.png.eb7129691d53cfbdf18ff89f86d4bf31.png

Delish!!!!!lets hope there some thunder and lightning with that though!!!

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Lance M said:

Camera batteries are fully charged  Just need the storms to actually come to the IOW/nearby English Channel...

Cheers chap,make sure they are good ones,about time the IOW peoples had something. When uv finished with the storms push em this way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

to me away from the SE, it just seems like standard cold rain, temps struggling too

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
15 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Would imagine so based upon the NMM MUCAPE and DLS. NMM definitely keen on an MCS, feeding off the high theta-w/high instability off the continent.

MU.thumb.png.42f9df23ce66e8f01fba1ed7a8e3ac3f.pngdls.thumb.png.97182d84c9d3e5bdfc7101e1ba5db54a.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
52 minutes ago, Harry said:

Precipitation modelling looks good but I’m not seeing huge amounts of instability - some, but not much. This will be critical for sparks, so I’m hoping the models show a little more of this over the next 24 hours (as well as keeping the track broadly consistent).

The CAPE may not matter too much. Directional shear, Dew points, lapse rates, vertical shear and many more ingredients tend to play key parts in these setups. Early hours of 21 August 2020 off the East Anglia coast was incredible, yet only fed off Mid level CAPE directly over the N Sea. I think the rest of the ingredients came together perfectly, I.e wind shear, lapse rates, and a trough for the triggering mechanism etc. 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lighting and sunshine
14 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

The CAPE may not matter too much. Directional shear, Dew points, lapse rates, vertical shear and many more ingredients tend to play key parts in these setups. Early hours of 21 August 2020 off the East Anglia coast was incredible, yet only fed off Mid level CAPE directly over the N Sea. I think the rest of the ingredients came together perfectly, I.e wind shear, lapse rates, and a trough for the triggering mechanism etc. 

I really wish Doggerland could be drained.  I would move there tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

A poor EURO4 it has to be said, with a Kent Clipper incoming; but it does only go to 20z Weds currently. Something of an eastward shift on the WRF too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
9 minutes ago, Zak M said:

UKV is still looking alright for most areas of southern England. If it was believed then there would be a second round of activity on Friday evening and night.

image.thumb.png.842540338742d3b1270de0b81a9bd045.png   image.thumb.png.aa8e05a5d49296c4937fa1aa10f5a2d6.png   image.thumb.png.ccfafa7d88f1a1515bc152fcc43c1b10.png   image.thumb.png.51f8b991c279c73072f457e434092b9b.png

Reckon this'll be a classic Plume maybe a tad more western which could be quite good followed by round 2.

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
2 minutes ago, Zak M said:

UKV is still looking alright for most areas of southern England. If it was believed then there would be a second round of activity on Friday evening and night.

image.thumb.png.842540338742d3b1270de0b81a9bd045.png   image.thumb.png.aa8e05a5d49296c4937fa1aa10f5a2d6.png   image.thumb.png.ccfafa7d88f1a1515bc152fcc43c1b10.png   image.thumb.png.51f8b991c279c73072f457e434092b9b.png

Cheers @Zak M,i might have to do a chase Fri when i finish work at 2pm,before that i will be in snoozy land as i am up at 5am every morning this week.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Tomorrow mornings runs will start to give a better indication on where is likely to be hit. I’d expect during the evening of tomorrow is when we may start to see the first preliminary warnings issued, and hopefully some in depth forecasts and opinions by @staplehurst@Nick F @BrickFielder @Paul Sherman Etc. Always greatly appreciated. I may chase if necessary, but given that most runs have me getting a mullering currently, there may be no need. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
16 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Driving to Norfolk on Friday evening, and with the latest UKV run, it would be incredible to drive along with what could be some juicy thunderstorms!

image.png

My areas of Interest, I think anyway. 

Screenshot_20210614_201409.thumb.jpg.5bc38727fb27049b6eccb7c00df265c4.jpg

• Like 1