Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and convective discussion - 1st April 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
2 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

BBC Weather's got storms so it'll just be rain now, oh well onto July lol 

image.thumb.png.005b2997ee24b3eaecf765d3e0531dd6.png

image.thumb.png.750e439ef4793f1a07bfa3a9305c37cd.png

image.png

Yeah. nail in the coffin! Cheers BBC Weather! 

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Wonder if this could be a similar event to June 1994! We can only wish. So far it is not looking bad at all!! 

What was the storm like for June 1994? I wasn't born till 1998 lol, guessing it was a big one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
2 hours ago, TJS1998Tom said:

What was the storm like for June 1994? I wasn't born till 1998 lol, guessing it was a big one

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/93792-best-storm-youve-ever-seen-in-the-uk/#comments

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

MCS from 1994.

I remember I was in primary school and the storms rolled in while I was in swimming club. When I left it was incredibly humid, lightning had started and rain tumbling. For the next few hours it got worse, frequent thunder and lightning and torrential rain.

This is the view from Essex of this great storm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

15z UKV is a very good run for storms on Wednesday and into Thursday.

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Harry said:

MCS from 1994.

I remember I was in primary school and the storms rolled in while I was in swimming club. When I left it was incredibly humid, lightning had started and rain tumbling. For the next few hours it got worse, frequent thunder and lightning and torrential rain.

This is the view from Essex of this great storm.

Harry, it didn't get worse, it got better!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

A member of UKWW forums, PJB, whose Outlooks have been featured here before, has already posted his thoughts on Wednesday and then further updated them:

WWW.UKWEATHERWORLD.CO.UK

Chat Thread to discuss the potential for a Spanish Plume Event 16-19th June, Specific Convective Outlooks will likely be issued nearer the time. After a dry and settled start to the week, Models are trending towards...

Edited by Lance M
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
5 hours ago, TJS1998Tom said:

I have a faint memory of being woken up as a very small child to what I believe to be that storm. I would’ve been 3 years old at the time! I have been told it was remarkable by a few. That video taken in Essex tells us so too! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
3 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Any pics buddy?!

image.thumb.png.502f175de488bb54411f294fbd7dfbd6.pngimage.thumb.png.7d28ed9e7ae7861f802b01e3320756f9.pngimage.thumb.png.da9ba0249f0961064966308c70dabf4e.png   

And a snapshot from NW Extra posted to Twitter by @Thunder and Lightning.

image.thumb.png.20ddc37cbc88e5936dd8c11e3cb50ee1.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

I think in the past 6 years, i have experience 2 overhead MCS's here in the West Midlands, 3/4th July 2015, 23/24th July 2019, and the edge of 2 last year in August. Yeah its common for them to get shifted away to the east but they don't always get shifted especially if they can still affect the western parts of the Mids. Looks okay so far. Not getting hopes up till probably Monday Evening.

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
31 minutes ago, viking_smb said:

it will get corrected east soon 

Hope not!☹️

Me here in Wales wants to make sure it stays showing as it is if not move further west.

Edited by wimblettben
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
Just now, viking_smb said:

I dont want it as work in the morning, need sleep

Thats a shame, because I personally prefer storms during the night as most people are just asleep and it feels like its just you viewing the storms plus you can see the lightning better.

Day storms are just good for seeing the clouds pretty much.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Looking good so far, but these things nearly always correct east, another kent clipper no doubt, and all that beautiful lightning, wasted in the north sea

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I did notice that the total totals don't look great. PWAT levels could be very high, meaning some extremely heavy rain leading to flash flooding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
26 minutes ago, wimblettben said:

Thats a shame, because I personally prefer storms during the night as most people are just asleep and it feels like its just you viewing the storms plus you can see the lightning better.

Day storms are just good for seeing the clouds pretty much.

A storms arriving at 8pm and lasting through midnight so that most of the lightning is visible and you can get some great pictures of the oncoming cloud, would be great to watch. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

Looking good so far, but these things nearly always correct east, another kent clipper no doubt, and all that beautiful lightning, wasted in the north sea

This particular plume doesn't have the Atlantic pushing in right on its heels. There'll be a cold front coming in but only slowly, so there's every chance it only corrects eastwards slightly. Some models even suggest a second hit for Southeastern areas on the following night (Thursday), showing that the southerly flow will still be in place throughout Weds/Thurs.

Still all to play for of course, a lot can change between now and an event 4 days away! Here's hoping those changes don't involve a series of eastward shifts!

Edited by Lance M
  • Like 5

Posted

Latest UKV holds things back until well into the early hours of Thursday now, and there's a dreaded eastward correction. However some of the models have actually nudged it westwards! (GEM being one of those). GFS keeps things very central.

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Lance M said:

Latest UKV holds things back until well into the early hours of Thursday now, and there's a dreaded eastward correction. However some of the models have actually nudged it westwards! (GEM being one of those). GFS keeps things very central.

Holds things back till later on but theres an eastward correction!!normally when its held back till later it either goes further west or dont happen at all lol!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

image.thumb.png.138fc397a87c649bd40569c88ce78392.pngimage.thumb.png.a2bfe94105c0ca24983e96c25c5d1360.png

Yeah, UKV brings a stormy mess for SE in the early hours before

image.thumb.png.ece00baa7229d81b163f2689762a5220.pngimage.thumb.png.6d846d88ff4bb68474fcd269efca5a77.png

another batch hits in the morning around 10Z ish.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Day 1 Convective Outlook

VALID 06:00 UTC Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 05:59 UTC Mon 14 Jun 2021

ISSUED 07:10 UTC Sun 13 Jun 2021

ISSUED BY: Dan

As the upper ridge axis gradually shifts eastwards to Scandinavia on Sunday, pulses of weak mid-level instability will be present across Scotland, northern England and Northern Ireland ahead of the surface cold front. While lightning is deemed very unlikely in most places, an odd lightning strike cannot be ruled out with pockets of showery rain sliding eastwards across the area - most likely over the North Sea on Sunday night. Low-topped showers will then follow the cold front into NW Scotland overnight.

http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2021-06-13

• Thanks 2