Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and convective discussion - 1st April 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

We currently have a shower developing to our south heading towards east Yorkshire. Is there anything likely to develop further north tonight or is the angle of attack forecast to change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Well this lot in the distance has been generating from just east of Nottingham for 2 hours now. Everything in between has just evaporated away.

20210606_185433.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Bristol Aviation said:

Funnel spotted!! Just spotted by me 10 mins ago from South Bristol. Had to use my phone to snap some pictures! It was from a cell north east to me. This is a first time for me!20210606_190939.thumb.jpg.3723a143475a53d4aea3f2d4b17cc39c.jpg20210606_190945.thumb.jpg.9f885b2a6a263e8d97fa29072b233c7c.jpg20210606_190940.thumb.jpg.1a958e8f00c1cc0b07bb74245fec3d14.jpg20210606_190908.thumb.jpg.bc543e7e4a2f1c8a51a130a5473db38d.jpg

Awesome - well done @Bristol Aviation

• Like 7

Posted
7 minutes ago, Scott Vivian-Smith said:

Hi all

this is my first post on here and my first ever view of a funnel , but I think this is the same funnel spotted by Bristol aviation from my location in Yate  

62D00088-E061-4C6F-AAC2-B29D0B8ADCFD.png

Yes! this is for sure it as your location matches aswell. Great catch!

• Like 3

Posted

Well the storm that headed up from Hereford & Worcester is fizzling out before reaching us here in Bromsgrove but this ones been growing steadily heading between Redditch & Stratford.

20210606_200657.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Still yet to have a storm here this year in Wellingborough, missed them by several miles in every direction! Any chance of this changing in the next couple days, i would’ve thought with how warm and humid it’s felt for a week that surely it’d give something

Posted
30 minutes ago, Delka said:

Still yet to have a storm here this year in Wellingborough, missed them by several miles in every direction! Any chance of this changing in the next couple days, i would’ve thought with how warm and humid it’s felt for a week that surely it’d give something

I had a look at the BBC forecast for the week ahead on Country File. Parts of Central and Eastern England may get a  storm or two tomorrow after which the weather in England will settle down to dry, cloudy and close until the weekend (or after).  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Morning everyone.

I don’t know how well this is going to show up in this photo, but there looks to be some pretty strong convection starting to brew up over the Warrington/Runcorn area. ☁️?

I’ve got to be honest… I’m certainly not expecting anything to go bang… But hey… It’s still nice to see. ??

99EE4034-C6A5-4D33-B607-9434F5516D86.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Day 1 Convective Outlook

VALID 06:00 UTC Mon 07 Jun 2021 - 05:59 UTC Tue 08 Jun 2021

ISSUED 06:25 UTC Mon 07 Jun 2021

ISSUED BY: Dan

Subtle troughing aloft will slide gradually northeastwards across the UK/Ireland on Monday. Diurnal heating will yield 300-500 J/kg CAPE, primarily across central/eastern England where higher surface temperature and dewpoints are expected. Scattered showers are likely to develop, particularly aided by low-level convergence (sea breeze) and orographic forcing (Pennines, North York Moors etc). Convection may be a little restricted in overall depth, and this will limit the potential for lightning - however, any deep convection that can grow tall enough to utilise the slightly stronger mid-level flow could last a little longer, and given substantial veering of winds with height near sea breeze convergence in eastern England any cells that cross this boundary (i.e. moving towards the coast/offshore) could exhibit some short-lived low-level rotation. Conditions overall are a bit marginal for much in the way of lightning, but a low-end SLGT (25-30% chance) has been introduced where the best potential of some sporadic lightning is considered.

largethumb.thumb.png.e35ed6768c6bc055ae68134c83dd4d6c.png

WWW.CONVECTIVEWEATHER.CO.UK

Forecasting thunderstorms and severe convective weather across the British Isles and Ireland for up to the next 5 days.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Yet more convective frothyness in the skies over north east Wales… ☁️☁️☁️

9E720E76-6519-42A6-89B1-4E701217810D.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Showers developed over Lincoln yesterday, a couple of which were heavy, but I didn't hear any thunder.  There were some more showers around 7am, when I woke up with intense cramp in my right calf.  It's been sunny since 9am but there's more convection going up now, so I'll be keeping an ear out for thunder this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Looks dodgy in Castleford! ? 290034637_Screenshot_20210607-123317_NWStormRadar.thumb.jpg.a002f6e61b7481575053bd3928f0fa83.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: NLCs and Thunderstorms

Nice little storm just passed overhead, a bit east of York - the same one that passed over Castleford earlier. Constant rumbling and some CC visible for about half an hour.

Screenshot 2021-06-07 140653.jpg

Edited by Tony M
Removed cloud photo
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Thunder over Lincoln, I heard a couple of distant rumbles from a cell to the west at around 12:30, and another cell has come much closer in the past 15 minutes giving some quite loud rumbles.  I haven't seen any lightning yet, though, it must be mainly cloud to cloud lightning.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lighting and sunshine

North Yorkshire seems to have become the uk equivalent of the great plains over the last couple years.  I'm not jealous.

Hull is getting a very haily looking radar signature now too

Edited by Chris Lea-Alex
  • Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

This is it, stay calm everyone. 

Screenshot_20210607_162816.jpg

Your enthusiasm never fails to make me smile, I sincerely hope you get your storm soon.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
30 minutes ago, Chris Lea-Alex said:

North Yorkshire seems to have become the uk equivalent of the great plains over the last couple years.  I'm not jealous.

Hull is getting a very haily looking radar signature now too

Confirmed. We had hail the size of pea sized hail! 

CC03D1D4-102D-45D0-B5D1-39F79C35B2FB.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
46 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Your enthusiasm never fails to make me smile, I sincerely hope you get your storm soon.

This forum (and weather) is my escape from school life, I will always be keen for a storm hate them for the first 5 minutes then get my phone and Camera out, my favourite memory was 2019,having missed out on a storm earlier I tracked a small storm coming up from France my first real storm tracking, it was pretty unexpected but as it got closer it continued and I saw it had hit Eastbourne and was keeping its strength even getting bigger and I could see it sewemingly just missing me as I went to cricket, heard a few rumbles when I was batting get out trying to go for a big shot after getting a couple of runs when opening. As the game continued with us getting into our groove although a few people got out when seeing distant lightning or hearing thunder when batting, the first rain began falling and me and my Friend (who wasn't in the team but was coming over later) saw the lightning turning our way and we could see that because it was getting heavier rain wise and louder in terms of thunder and then a constant lightning show began right in front of the people attending and playing and they stopped the game and postponed it after a while, also got a lightning flash on a timelapse at home and later I saw distant lightning in the early hours of the morning, would love a repeat of that and it's probably the reason why I hold hope in the channel's ability to hold and possibly strengthen storms. 

Here's the first storm round near its extent. 

Screenshot_20210607_202006.thumb.jpg.7ee48feb70a088aa8057d99adf64974d.jpg

A sort of distant second round to the south and far east. 

Screenshot_20210607_202116.thumb.jpg.524c1ec98774e6c481e30d9b91e36ba6.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

@Paul Sherman,i do hope you get the storms this summer-Autumn mate as i do understand your frustration,the 11th of May up here that evening this year was a beauty of a storm that was totally unexpected and was one that goes in the memory books

chin up mate and expect the unexpected and i hope one lands for you big time

• Like 3

Posted

This morning looked promising for some action, watching the clouds grow, but they headed away and no more replaced them