Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and convective discussion - 1st April 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Had one crack of thunder here not long ago then i was filming it for about ten min's and nothing

still,..it's early days yet and there is plenty of showers knocking about,good luck all

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Well very dissappointing so far here today. Dull and spits of rain. Not at all what i expected as per forecast. Radar shows more potent showers further north however nothing of note yet here. Maybe owing to the tail end of the occlusion attached to the low introducing too much cloud?

• Like 1

Posted

Really dislike these kind of setups. The picture is so messy. Let’s get some proper heat/plume then things will get interesting.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
15 minutes ago, minus10 said:

Well very dissappointing so far here today. Dull and spits of rain. Not at all what i expected as per forecast. Radar shows more potent showers further north however nothing of note yet here. Maybe owing to the tail end of the occlusion attached to the low introducing too much cloud?

I raise you. I have blue sky and spots of rain..! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Huge storm to my NE now and can here constant booming but unfortunately i cannot chase as i am freshly installing my main machine

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Yep can confirm sferics on radio every 5 – a10 seconds and increasing in frequency from the stuff in Yorkshire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
2 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Radio sferics quite active at the moment, all seems to be coming from the action north of Doncaster.

Looking at the radar those storms around Doncaster are literally bursting into life,  and sometimes dissapating just as quick...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Cell just electrified to my south-west. Hearing distant rumbles

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, minus10 said:

Looking at the radar those storms around Doncaster are literally bursting into life,  and sometimes dissapating just as quick...

Wife just got back home and said 2 miles away is flooded with large hail.  Just missed us.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Cell just electrified to my south-west. Hearing distant rumbles

I was just about to post that sparks were flying across the water, opposite you almost.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Still Hopeful for later..... There seems to be some kind of convergence just out to our W atm....according to the V4 wind vectors.....crazy skies 

• Like 3

Posted

Storm to my Sw now producing 1–2 strikes per minute still hear it rumbling in the distance. More cells now electrifying to the s and sse.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
5 minutes ago, Arnie Pie said:

Still Hopeful for later..... There seems to be some kind of convergence just out to our W atm....according to the V4 wind vectors.....crazy skies 

Looking good for you Arnie. Will hop on to your stream!

• Like 2

Posted

Cells literally all around me now between them producing 4–6 strikes per minute. A new cell near Chester maybe heading this way. Can hear distant thunder from all around.

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, AndyFromDonny said:

Wife just got back home and said 2 miles away is flooded with large hail.  Just missed us.

Been out in the Dales for the day, sun was out but showers on the road. Got back to Darlington and floods. BMW burnt out his turbo trying to get through one flood. Rain gauge has 26mm of rain so far. Hoping for something from the south later

Posted

Crosby going to get it again I think lol

• Like 1

Posted

Lightning died now but feel like I’m in the updraft of something developing here. Dad says he can see the storm to the south of Crosby.

• Like 1

Posted

Seems looking at the broader view the more potent showers/storms are north of the wash. More instability up there? Bits and pieces of rain further south, however something with a bit more bite coming up from the sw again. Lets hope it doesn't dissipate again before it arrives.....

• Like 1

Posted

Positive strike 3 miles

• Like 3