Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Drop Down Colour Palette/ Old Emojis no longer available

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

As I now confine most of my Posts to Hosting Competitions, I find it frustrating that the drop down Colour Palette, is no longer available.

I used colour to emphasise important detail in my Posts.

Was the reason to discontinue this function, a Server issue, and are there any plans to reinstate the function?

While we're on the subject of coloured text, are there other ways of incorporating coloured text into a Post?

I also miss the "old style" Emojis and often used the Flags of the World Section.

I much prefer the "old style" Emojis, to the "new style" ones.;

I'm about to Host a U.S. Masters Golf Competition, and split the Field of Golfers into World Zones.

Originally I used RED for U.S.A. Golfers, BLUE for European Golfers and GREEN for Rest of the World Golfers.

I'm now forced to use different styles of Font, to differentiate between the Zones of these Golfers.

UPPER CASE for U.S.A. Golfers, lower case for European Golfers, and Italics for Rest of the World Golfers. 

I also happen to think that using colour in Posts, is more pleasing on the eye.

I totally understand, that this is only one Member's point of view, and may not agree with the majority of Member's wishes?

Hoping this self confessed IT Technophobe, can receive some assistance regarding the above points, that I've raised.

Regards,

Tom.   

• Like 2

Posted

Morning Tom, I'm afraid with a 'dark mode' now available on the forums, keeping the default colours is the best way to ensure posts are readable for everyone. The way the system works is that it uses a near white text colour on the dark version, and a near black text colour on the light version. If coloured fonts were possible then they'd be shown the same on both versions, which would very likely mean that on the dark mode in particular, the post would be very difficult to read. 

In terms of the emoji's, the system now uses whatever native ones you have on your device or pc, so are limited to whatever you have available on there I'm afraid. On windows pc's there aren't flags built in for whatever reason, whereas they are available on most phones, tablets etc. Hopefully, at some point Microsoft will catch up and get them added as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Believe it or not, but the flag emoji's were disabled in Windows 10 for political reasons. Apple even disabled some flags due to the same reasons, but Microsoft chose to disable all of them.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
7 hours ago, Paul said:

Morning Tom, I'm afraid with a 'dark mode' now available on the forums, keeping the default colours is the best way to ensure posts are readable for everyone. The way the system works is that it uses a near white text colour on the dark version, and a near black text colour on the light version. If coloured fonts were possible then they'd be shown the same on both versions, which would very likely mean that on the dark mode in particular, the post would be very difficult to read. 

In terms of the emoji's, the system now uses whatever native ones you have on your device or pc, so are limited to whatever you have available on there I'm afraid. On windows pc's there aren't flags built in for whatever reason, whereas they are available on most phones, tablets etc. Hopefully, at some point Microsoft will catch up and get them added as well. 

6 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Believe it or not, but the flag emoji's were disabled in Windows 10 for political reasons. Apple even disabled some flags due to the same reasons, but Microsoft chose to disable all of them.

Much thanks to Paul and Mapantz above, for those explanations.

It really isn't uppermost in my mind, at the moment.

As they say. "worse things happen at sea."

As I've explained, on other parts of the Forum, sadly my Son Antony passed away on 24th February, and lies in a Mortuary, at the moment.

His Cremation takes place Tomorrow Morning, at Beckenham Crematorium, on the S.E. London/N.W. Kent border.

Regards,

Tom.  

• 3 months later...