Local
Radar
Snow?

THE MID/LATE SPRING HORSE RACING COMPETITION

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, wintry weather
    Posted (edited)

Afternoon all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

QUOTE:

"Fortunately, the sore throat that I spoke about earlier, hasn't got any worse and Colette seems a bit brighter, and is just preparig some Lunch, for bus both."

My throat hasn't got any worse but my spelling certainly has and no, Colette doesn't prepare Lunch for Buses!! Lol.

Makes mental note to check Posts, before posting!!

Although the ITV Main Channel, are only Broadcasting the middle 5 Races, on each of the 3 Days of the Grand National Festival, I will include all 7 Races in the Competition, on all 3 Days.

You will be allocated 2 Selections, in each of the 7 Races on the first Day of the Meeting, plus a 50p Reverse Forecast (1st and 2nd) on your 2 Selections, in each Race. You will also be allocated 64 x 5p Permed Placepots (2x2x2x2x2x2), on the first 6 Races on Day 1, of the Meeting.

Below, are the Racing Post links to the Declarations for the Runners, on Day 1 of the Meeting.

Please Copy/Paste your Selections, into the Boxes provided below.

Your Selections for Day 1 of the Grand National Festival, MUST be posted on this Thread by NOON on, Thursday (8th).

Thank you.

MID/LATE SPRING HORSE RACING COMPETITION

(For the AntonyBR7 Memorial Trophy)

image.png.1ffdfa22a5341b5743d8a0c516fb2a3d.png

GRAND NATIONAL FESTIVAL

Thurs. 8th April (DAY 1)

AINTREE image.png.6d3fc8c08acdde83be80600f57bdd11f.png

1:45 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 8 April 2021 | Racing Post

1.45: - Selection 1. -        2. -

2:20 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 8 April 2021 | Racing Post

2.20: - Selection 1. -        2. - 

2:50 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 8 April 2021 | Racing Post

2.50: - Selection 1. -        2. -

3:25 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 8 April 2021 | Racing Post

3.25: - Selection 1. -        2. -

4:05 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 8 April 2021 | Racing Post

4.05: - Selection 1. -        2. -

4:40 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 8 April 2021 | Racing Post

4.40: - Selection 1. -        2. -

5:15 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 8 April 2021 | Racing Post

5.15: - Selection 1. -        2. -

64 x 5p Permed Placepots (2x2x2x2x2x2).  First 6 Races. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £3.20.

Below, is a description of what type of Wager a Placepot is:

PLACEPOT

The Placepot is another favourite for racegoers. Select a horse in each of the first six races at a specific racecourse on a single day, and if that horse finishes in the placings you win a share of the total pool. One unplaced selection and the bet is off!

You will also be allocated a 50p Reverse Forecast (1st and 2nd), on your 2 Selections in each Race. "Virtual" Stakes = £7.00.

Below, is a description of what type of Wager, a Reverse Forecast is:

REVERSE FORECAST

A reverse forecast is correctly selecting the first two horses but in no particular order.

In a short while, I will post up details of LASSIE23's chosen additional Wager, for Category 2.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 2
    • Thanks 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 104
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, Crazy Lass. Can only think fans of  -  ,or the Magic Roundabout's -  , would've backed that nag. Evening all, I hope I find yourselves and your Families, well. Below are

MID/LATE SPRING HORSE RACING COMPETITION          (For the AntonyBR7 Memorial Trophy) AVENGERSE12 Sat. 3rd April MUSSELBURGH   1.50: - Redarna. 2.25: - Heights Of Abraham.

DOH !

Posted Images

Posted

For his next dedicated Wager, LASSIE23 has chosen some Permed Doubles.

Category 2, will be entitled - LASSIE23's AINTREE DOUBLES. You will be allocated 3 Selections, in 2 Races, in 9 Doubles (3x3).

I've split the "Virtual" Stakes, between S.P. Odds and Tote Odds. More details on that, Tomorrow.

I've included 2 of the 3 Races, to be run over the Grand National fences, the Topham Trophy Chase (Fri.9th) and the Grand National itself, on Sat. 10th. The other Race to be run over the Grand National fences, is the Foxhunters' Chase, restricted to Amateur Jockeys. 

The Topham Trophy Chase, is named after Mirabel Topham, who was Chairman and Managing Director of Aintree Racecourse, from 1938, until 1973. She was one of the most colourful and controversial figures, in U.K. Racing at the time. Between 1989 and 2001, the Race was dedicated to the memory of former Clerk of the Course, John Hughes but for those of us who have worked in the Bookmaking Industry, it will always be known, as "The Topham."

**NB** - You may want to wait until Thursday to select your 3 Horses in both Legs of Category 2, as there are likely to be Non-Runners, this far out. The maximum number of Runners for "The Topham" is 30, and the maximum number of Runners for the Grand National, is 40.

Should you wish to register your Category 2 Aintree Doubles, before Thursday Morning, I will keep an eye out for Non-Runners.

Please Copy/Paste your Selections for your Category 2 - LASSIE's AINTREE DOUBLES, into the Boxes provided below.

Your Selections for your Category 2, Aintree Doubles, MUST be posted on this Thread by, NOON on Thursday 8th April'

Thank you.

CATEGORY 2, LASSIE's AINTREE DOUBLES

4:05 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 9 April 2021 | Racing Post

LEG 1 - (Topham H'cap Chase, 4.05 - Fri 9th) - Selection 1. -  2. -   3. -  

5:15 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 10 April 2021 | Racing Post

LEG 2 - (Grand National H'cap Chase,  Sat. 10th) - Selection - 1. - 2. - 3. -

"Virtual" Stakes - 9 x 25p Win Doubles (S.P. Odds).

9 x 25p Place Doubles (S.P. Odds), 9 x 25p Place Doubles (Tote Odds).

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

Morning all,

As I stated Yesterday Evening, part of the "Virtual" Stake for LASSIE23's Category 2, Aintree Doubles, will be placed at TOTE ODDS.

Below, is an explanation of how the TOTE (formerly the Horserace Totalisator Board), or if you're a Cockney, "The NANNY" (Goat), operate:

The Tote is in effect a pool into which everyone who has had a bet places their money. When the result is known, those with winning selections share a percentage of the money in the pool, known as a dividend. The amount you win is determined by how many people also have that winning selection. The Tote and fixed-odds betting are largely similar in principle – the more money or selections placed on a single horse (such as our NAP of the Day), the less the odds, or dividend will be.

However, whilst the Tote offers a rough guide as to the likely odds of the horses in each race, one cannot know their exact price until after the race has finished and the Tote has taken its contribution and revealed the dividends. This is in essence the main distinction between conventional betting and the Tote.

THE HISTORY OF THE TOTE

The Tote, in a different guise, was initially set up in 1928 and was under the control of the government, an attempt to limit illegal gambling that was growing in prominence. Renamed as the Horserace Totalisator Board in 1961 with the Betting Levy Act, it faced competition now from fixed-odds betting. The Tote effectively dealt with these challenges by opening its first high street betting shop in 1972 and establishing a system whereby bookmakers could accept Tote bets in their shops in 1992. It was around this time that repeated governments tried to privatise the Tote, and this was eventually achieved in 2011 when it was sold to Betfred for a figure reportedly to be £265m. Recent uncertainty about the future of the Tote in light of Betfred’s seven-year contract about to expire has been resolved, when Betfred and their partners joined forces with Britbet, which was a previously separate pool-betting group coordinated by British racecourses. 

DOES THE TOTE GIVE BETTER ODDS THAN BOOKMAKERS?

It is probably safe to say that the Tote often pays better on big-priced outsiders compared to conventional betting odds. This is largely because of the way the Tote works, with the dividend depending on the number of people who have backed the winning horse. Because fewer people will be backing the bigger priced horses, the dividend is shared amongst fewer tickets, and so it is often larger. There are few discrepancies of this nature at the head of the market however, because bookmakers do not wish punters to gain better odds simply by choosing a different method of betting. Furthermore, its prominence on racecourses means that people who go to the races for a day out rather than those who bet regularly in shop or online or who go to the races for a serious day of gambling are more prone to using it, and so horses with names or well-known connections which appeal to occasional gamblers are often shorter than they should be. Similar to this is the returning dividend for favourites who appeal to inexperienced gamblers, and are often shorter in price than their fixed-odds comparison.

Just wanted to post that up, to explain the differences between S.P. Betting and Betting on the "Nanny."

Although my Father was a Bona Fide Cockney, born in Poplar, East London and within the sound of Bow Bells, I'm not.

No, I was born in Bromley, Kent, don't you know old bean!!

In a while, I will return with a short tutorial, on how I will be "Settling" (calculating), your Category 2 Aintree Doubles.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 2
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

As we are aware, last Year's Grand National Festival was postponed, due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.

Therefore, I will go back to 2019 and use the Results of the Topham Trophy and Grand National of that Year, to demonstrate the "Settling", of Tote Place Doubles.

2019 TOPHAM TROPHY

1. - Cadmium -                 8/1.

2. - Sub Lieutenant -    25/1. 

3. - Doitforthevillage - 25/1.

4. - Janika -                         9/2 Fav.

5. - Woods Well -            20/1. 

6. - Flying Angel -           10/1.   

TOTE ODDS - Win - £11.70. Places 1st - £3.70, 2nd - £7.10, 3rd - £6.30.

2019 GRAND NATIONAL   

1. - Tiger Roll -                4/1 Fav.

2. - Magic Of Light -    66/1. 

3. - Rathvinden -           8/1.

4. - Walk In The Mill -  25/1.

5. - Anibale Fly -           10/1.

6. - One For Arthur -   25/1. 

TOTE ODDS - Win - £5.20 Places 1st - £2.80,  2nd - £14.80, 3rd - £2.80.

The first thing you will notice is, that the Tote are very niggardly, with their Place Betting. Only offering Returns, for the first 3 Home.

It's similar, with a Tote Placepot.

I personally think all Bookmakers should Bet down to the 6th Place, in large Field Handicaps but bthen I don't have overheads, to pay!!

I'm not sure how many places they offer now, under their new Management but some Bookmakers will offer Returns on the 7th placed Horse, in the Grand National. I will in the Competition but I think I would go skint in 5 minutes, if I were an actual Bookie.

You will also notice, that as in Each Way Betting at S.P., you are paid Win and Place, for a Winner on the Tote.

Using the above 2 Races as an example, should you be fortunate enough to find 2 Horses in the first 3, the calculation for 25p Tote Place Doubles on SUB LIEUTENANT/DOITFORTHEVILLAGE with MAGIC OF LIGHT/RATHVINDEN, would be as follows:

A) - Sub Lieutenant - £7.10, B) - Doitforthevillage - £6.30, C) - Magic Of Light - £14.80, D) - Rathvinden - £2.80.

Double A with C - 7.10 x 14.80 x 25p = 26.27   S.P. Equivalent - A/C = 31.72

"       A with D - 7.10 x  2.80 x 25p =    4.97     "            "           - A/D =   5.44 

"       B with C - 6.30 x 14.80 x 25p = 23.31     "            "           - B/C =  31.72

"       B with D - 6.30 x  2.80 x 25p =    4.41     "            "           - B/D =    5.44 

TOTAL = 58.96 .                            TOTAL =  74.32.   

I think you'll agree, a resounding victory for S.P. Betting Odds, over the Tote.

I stand to be corrected but to make matters worse for the Tote, you can't have place only Doubles, or any form of Place Multiple with them.

Back in the Day, when I first worked for S.E. London Credit Bookmaker, James Lane (1974), the crafty Bet was to combine a lot of short priced Favourites, in a Tote Place Accumulator, say 5 or 6 Selections, for 50p or so. Even though it was a Tote Bet, High Street Bookmakers, accepted them but they soon "got wind" of the sneaky Wager and started making you have a Win Bet, too. It was hard enough trying to find 1 Winner, let alone 5 or 6. So, Yours Truly curtailed the idea, of trying to catch the Bookies out.

The Stroke I suffered in September 2015, ended my Punting career. I don't condone Betting, when an individual is in receipt of Benefits.  Plus, I think Colette would kill me, if I were to fritter away our Household Income, on poor Racehorses!!

I much prefer, "hosting" these Horse Racing Competitions, and I won't even be having a Bet in the Grand National.

But if I was, it wouldn't be on the Tote, with those "skinny" Place terms, on offer.

As Matt Chapman often says on ITV Racing, "shop around" for the most advantageous Place Terms.

Regards,

Tom. 👍🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Thurs. 8th April (DAY 1)

AINTREE 

1.45: - Selection 1. -     Hitman    2. -umbrigado

2.20: - Selection 1. -    Monmiral     2. - paros 

2.50: - Selection 1. -      Tiger roll    2. - clondaw castle 

3.25: - Selection 1. -    Buveur D’air   (Always enjoy watching this horse)   2. - millers bank 

4.05: - Selection 1. -  some man       2. -cat tiger 

4.40: - Selection 1. -    Frero banbou    2. -joke dancer 

5.15: - Selection 1. -     Where’s Maud gone    2. -finest view 

64 x 5p Permed Placepots (2x2x2x2x2x2).  First 6 Races. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £3.20.

CATEGORY 2, LASSIE's AINTREE DOUBLES

LEG 1 - (Topham H'cap Chase, 4.05 - Fri 9th) - Selection 1. -modus   2. - huntsman son   3. -  two for gold 

LEG 2 - (Grand National H'cap Chase,  Sat. 10th) - Selection - 1. -any second now  2. - hear no evil 3. -cloth cap 

• Like 1
    Posted

Evening all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, are well.

Very busy Competition wise, at the moment. Trying to "host" the Racing Competition, plus a U.S. Masters Fantasy Golf Competition.

You will be allocated 2 Selections, in the 1.45, 2.20, 2.50, 3.25, 4.40 and 5.15 (plus a 50p Reverse Forecast, on each of those Races),  and   3 Selections, in the 4.05 (plus 6 x 25p Combination Forecasts and 6 x 10p Combination Tricasts, in the same Race). 

You will also be allocated 96 x 5p Permed Placepots (2x2x2x2x3x2), on the first 6 Races on Day 2, of the Meeting.

Below, are the Racing Post links to the Declarations for the Runners, on Day 2 of the Meeting.

Please Copy/Paste your Selections, into the Boxes provided below.

Your Selections for Day 2 of the Grand National Festival, MUST be posted on this Thread by NOON on, Friday (9th).

Thank you.

image.png.ae046ebfbcf44359960402ab136d7a3f.png

GRAND NATIONAL FESTIVAL

Fri. 9th April

AINTREE image.png.7bec5964118325ea03a217622dc0035f.png

1:45 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 9 April 2021 | Racing Post

1.45: - Selection 1. -        2. -

2:20 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 9 April 2021 | Racing Post

2.20: - Selection 1. -        2. -

2:50 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 9 April 2021 | Racing Post

2.50: - Selection 1. -        2. -

3:25 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 9 April 2021 | Racing Post

3.25: - Selection 1. -        2. -

4.05: - Selection 1. -        2. -       3. -

6 x 25p Combination Forecasts, plus 6 x 10p Combination Tricasts in 4.05. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £2.10.

4:40 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 9 April 2021 | Racing Post

4.40: - Selection 1. -        2. -

5:15 Aintree | Standard Racecard | 9 April 2021 | Racing Post

5.15: - Selection 1. -        2. -

96 x 5p Permed Placepots (2x2x2x2x3x2). First 6 Races. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £4.80.

50p Reverse Forecast, on your 2 Selections in 1.45,2.20, 2.50, 3.25, 4.40, 5.15. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £6.00.

6 x 25p Combination Forecasts, plus 6 x 10p Combination Tricasts in 4.05. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £2.10.. 

Category 2, will be entitled - LASSIE23's AINTREE DOUBLES. You will be allocated 3 Selections, in 2 Races, in 9 Doubles (3x3).

**NB** - You may want to wait until Thursday to select your 3 Horses in both Legs of Category 2, as there are likely to be Non-Runners, this far out. The maximum number of Runners for "The Topham" is 30, and the maximum number of Runners for the Grand National, is 40.

Should you wish to register your Category 2 Aintree Doubles, before Thursday Morning, I will keep an eye out for Non-Runners.

Please Copy/Paste your Selections for your Category 2 - LASSIE's AINTREE DOUBLES, into the Boxes provided below.

Your Selections for your Category 2, Aintree Doubles, MUST be posted on this Thread by, NOON on Thursday 8th April'

Thank you.

CATEGORY 2, LASSIE23's AINTREE DOUBLES

LEG 1 - (Topham H'cap Chase, Fri 9th) - Selection 1. -  2. -   3. - 

LEG 2 - (Grand National H'cap Chase, Sat. 10th) - Selection - 1. - 2. - 3. -

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    Posted

Evening all; a great 3 days to come. Maybe not as good as usual for Aintree, as the Irish seem to have sent reduced number of horses over, due to restrictions.

My selections:

1.45  The Shunter and Hitman

2.20  Adagio and Monmiral

2.50  Clondaw Castle and Tiger Roll

3.25  Abacadabras and McFabulous

4.05  Mighty Stowaway and Dashing Perk

4.40  Destrier and Moon Over Germany

5.15  Wheres Maud Gone and Me Too Please

Double

Topham - Caribean Boy, Livelovelaugh and Visioman

Grand National - Discorama, Yala Enki and Anibale Fly

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Aintree

• 1.45 Hitman & Fusil Raffles
    • 2.20 Monmiral & Adagio
    • 2.50 Mister Fisher & Clan Des Obeaux
    • 3.25 Jason The Militant & McFabulous
    • 4.05 Billaway & Cat Tiger

Doubles

• 1) Livelovelaugh, Visioman & Modus
    • 2) Cloth Cap, Any Second Now & Lord Du Mesnil
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Thurs. 8th April (DAY 1)

AINTREE 

1.45: - Selection 1. -     The Shunter    2. -umbrigado

2.20: - Selection 1. -    Monmiral     2. - john locke

2.50: - Selection 1. -      Native River    2. - clondaw castle 

3.25: - Selection 1. -    Buveur D’air      2. - McFabulous

4.05: - Selection 1. -  Golden Tobouggan      2. -Risk and Roll

4.40: - Selection 1. -    Frero banbou    2. -joke dancer 

5.15: - Selection 1. -     Swincombe Fleet    2. -Heart Breaker

CATEGORY 2, LASSIE's AINTREE DOUBLES

LEG 1 - (Topham H'cap Chase, 4.05 - Fri 9th) - Selection 1. -modus   2. - realm keeper   3. -  lust for glory

LEG 2 - (Grand National H'cap Chase,  Sat. 10th) - Selection - 1. -some neck  2. - yala enki 3. -mister malarkey

• Like 1
    Posted

Morning all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, are well.

Very busy Morning, trying to "host" the Racing Competition, plus  that U.S. Masters Fantasy Golf Competition.

Much thanks to Callum (KWEATHER), BRISTLE BOY, Gav (SUMMER SUN) and LASSIE23, for their Day 1 selections, above:

I've got loads to do, so I'll crack straight on and post up some selections:

image.png.048df59c6c077ae0efcaecd6290f80e7.png

GRAND NATIONAL FESTIVAL image.png.ac451805e6db816271ebe58831f3d56e.png

ANTONYBR7

Thurs. 8th April (DAY 1)

1.45: -  1. - Hitman.  2. - Eldorado Allen.

2.20: -  1. - Monmirat. 2. - Adagio.

2.50: -  1. - Clan Des Obeaux. 2. - Tiger Roll. 

3.25: -  1. - McFabulous. 2. - Buveur D'Air.  

4.05: -  1. - Billaway. 2. - Cat Tiger.

4.40: -  1. - Getaway Trump. 2. - Grey Diamond. 

5.15: -  1. - Heartbreaker. 2. - Me Too Please.

50p Reverse Forecast (1st and 2nd), on your 2 Selections in each Race. "Virtual" Stakes = £7.00.

CASSIE/SE12

Thurs. 8th April (DAY 1)

1.45: -  1. - Fusil Raffles. 2. - The Shunter.

2.20: -  1. - Adagio. 2. - Fiveandtwenty.

2.50: -  1. - Tiger Roll. 2. - Native River.

3.25: -  1. - Jason The Militant. 2. - Abacadabras. 

4.05: -  1. - Tango De Juilley. 2. - Billaway.

4.40: -  1. - Jan Maat. 2. - On The Slopes. 

5.15: -  1. - Bella Bluesky. 2. - Me Too Please.

50p Reverse Forecast (1st and 2nd), on your 2 Selections in each Race. "Virtual" Stakes = £7.00.

HAYLEYBR7

Thurs. 8th April (DAY 1)

1.45: -  1. - Protektorat. 2. - Hitman.

2.20: -  1. - John Locke. 2. - Paros.

2.50: -  1. - Tiger Roll. 2. - Clan Des Obeaux. 

3.25: -  1. - Abacadabras. 2. - Buzz.  

4.05: -  1. - Cat Tiger. 2. - Billaway.

4.40: -  1. - Destrier. 2. -  Dostal Phil.

5.15: -  1. - Elle Est Belle. 2. - Me Too Please.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1
    Posted

PAULBR7

Thurs. 8th April (DAY 1)

1.45: -  1. - Hitman. 2. - Protektorat.

2.20: -  1. - Monmiral. 2. - Fiveandtwenty.

2.50: -  1. - Native River. 2. - Tiger Roll.

3.25: -  1. - McFabulous. 2. - Jason The Militant.  

4.05: -  1. - Cat Tiger. 2. - Dashing Perk.

4.40: -  1. - Grey Diamond. 2. - Destrier.

5.15: -  1. - Me Too Please. 2. - Elle Est Belle.

TOMSE12

Thurs. 8th April (DAY 1)

1.45: -  1. - Fusil Raffles. 2. - Hitman.

2.20: -  1. - Adagio. 2. - Monmiral.

2.50: -  1. - Tiger Roll. 2. - Mister Fisher.

3.25: -  1. - Abacadabras. 2. - Jason The Militant. 

4.05: -  1. - Latenightpass. 2. - Dashing Perk.

4.40: -  1. - Frero Banbou. 2. - Grey Diamond.

5.15: -  1. - Mind Sunday.   2. - Elle Est Belle.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 🏇

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

Aintree Thurs selections

1.45 1) Hitman 2) The Shunter

2.20 1) Monmiral 2) Carlos Felix

2.50 1) Waiting Patiently 2) Tiger Roll

3.25 1) Brewinupastorm 2) Mc Fabulous

4.05 1) Billaway 2) Cat Tiger

4.40 1) Getaway Trump 2) Grey Diamond 

5.15 1) Eileendover 2) Finest View

Lassies Doubles

Leg 1

4.05 Topsham Trophy

1) Ibleo 2) Modus 3) Caribbean Boy

Leg 2

5.15 National

1) The Storyteller 2) Mr Malarky 3) Takingrisks 

👍🐴

• Like 1
    Posted

image.png.94f3caf3747288c3e1703ba2241d4c6e.png

GRAND NATIONAL FESTIVAL
                                       AVENGERSE12

Thurs. 8th April (DAY 1)

AINTREE image.png.7bec5964118325ea03a217622dc0035f.png

1.45: - Selection 1. - Hitman. 2. - The Shunter.

2.20: - Selection 1. - John Locke. 2. - Fiveandtwenty.

2.50: - Selection 1. - Waiting Patiently. 2. - Clondaw Castle.

3.25: - Selection 1. - Jason The Militant, 2. - Not So Sleepy.

4.05: - Selection 1. - Cousin Pascal. 2. -Golden Tobouggan.     

4.40: - Selection 1. - Zanza. 2. - Joke Dancer.

5.15: - Selection 1. - Miss Lamb. 2. - Elle Est Belle.

64 x 5p Permed Placepots (2x2x2x2x2x2). First 6 Races. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £3.20.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 🏇

Posted

image.png.72c9bc97e092d51b51912b02f0125a12.png

GRAND NATIONAL FESTIVALimage.png.6a8f4896f03ec47918e59553eb7df3ef.png

Below, are details of Today's Place Structures and the corresponding value of Points, on offer:

1.45: - S.P.?, 2pts..

2.20: - S.P.?, 2pts.

2.50: - S.P.?, 2pts, 1pt. 

3.25: - S.P.?, 2pts, 1pt. 

4.05: - S.P.?, 4pts, 3pts, 2pts, 1pt. 

Today's Special Bonus Race, will be the competitive Red Rum H'cap Chase, at 4.40. Select the Winner and you will receive "Double the Points", for your Single.  

4.40: - S.P?, 3pts, 2pts, 1pt. 

5.15: - S.P.?, 3pts, 2pts, 1pt.

WINNERS POINTS VALUE

1/4 to Evens  (inclusive) = 3 Points.

11/10 to 3/1   (       "        ) = 4      "

100/30 to 6/1 (       "        ) = 5      "

13/2 to  10/1  (       "        ) = 6       "

12/1 and over                    = 8      " 

I will be posting up the Result of all 7 Races, and the resulting Points value on offer.

The very best of luck to all, "Virtually" or "Actually."

Regards,

Tom.   👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

Storyteller is the only horse that has not been declared to run the National, can I please change my selection to Minella Times 🐴👍

• Like 1
    Posted
    4 hours ago, Dreckly said:

Storyteller is the only horse that has not been declared to run the National, can I please change my selection to Minella Times 🐴👍

No problem, Jackie.

Afternoon all,

I hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

Eyes down, for what should be a tremendous Afternoon of National Hunt Racing.

image.png.b3e1483d9175fe6144d8712c604d86f3.png

I will now post up the Results of the 1.50 and 2.20 AINTREE, and the value of Points on offer.

WINNERS POINTS VALUE

1.50 AINTREE image.png.8daa86710a511184004a684e518342c6.png

1. - Protektorat - 17/2. (6 Points)

2. - The Shunter - 7/2.   (2      "     ).

Reverse Forecast - Not Selected.

2.20 AINTREE

1. - Monmiral - 10/11Fav. (3 Points).

2. - Adagio -        13/8.         (2     "      ).

Reverse Forecast - £1.29.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1
    Posted

image.png.b3e1483d9175fe6144d8712c604d86f3.png

I will now post up the Results of the 2.50 and 3.25 AINTREE, and the value of Points on offer.

WINNERS POINTS VALUE

2.50 AINTREE image.png.8daa86710a511184004a684e518342c6.png

1. - Clan Des Obeaux - 5/2Fav. (4 Points).

2. - Clondaw Castle -   13/2.       (2      "     ).

3. -  Native River -          4/1.        (1 Point).

3.25 AINTREE

1. - Abacadabras -   5/1.    (5 Points). 

2. - Buzz -                 22/1.    (2       "    ).

3. - Millers Bank -  80/1.     (1 Point).

Reverse Forecast - £52.71.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 🏇

• Like 1
    Posted

image.png.a523f98f9f7bf39acabeba89dc3c6485.png

I will now post up the Results of the 4.05 and 4.40 AINTREE, and the value of Points on offer.

WINNERS POINTS VALUE

4.05 AINTREE image.png.fc4bea0f58a173b88c0e99720d926518.png

1. - Cousin Pascal -        66/1.        (8 Points).

2. - Latenightpass -       11/2.        (4      "      ). 

3. - Cat Tiger -                 11/2.        (3      "      ).    

4. - Clondaw Westie -  200/1.        (2     "      ).

5. - Billaway -                     2/1Fav.  (1 Point).

4.40 AINTREE

1. - Editeur Du Gite - 9/1.    (6 Points).

2. - Sully D'Oc Aa -   12/1.(Not Selected).

3. - Dostal Phil -        17/2.    (2 Points).

4. - Frero Banbou -   10/1.    (1 Point).

Placepot - Not Selected.

Regards,

Tom 👍 🏇👍

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

GRAND NATIONAL FESTIVAL

Fri. 9th April

AINTREE 

1.45: - Selection 1. - Solwara One       2. - Wilde about Oscar

2.20: - Selection 1. -   dusart     2. - Ajero

2.50: - Selection 1. -    Chantry House    2. - Espoir de Romay

3.25: - Selection 1. -    Nuts well    2. - dashel drasher

4.05: - Selection 1. -    modus    2. -    huntsman son    3. - two for gold 

6 x 25p Combination Forecasts, plus 6 x 10p Combination Tricasts in 4.05. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £2.10.

4.40: - Selection 1. -  bothwell birdge      2. - streets of doyen

5.15: - Selection 1. - The widdow maker       2. - copperless

96 x 5p Permed Placepots (2x2x2x2x3x2). First 6 Races. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £4.80.

50p Reverse Forecast, on your 2 Selections in 1.45,2.20, 2.50, 3.25, 4.40, 5.15. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £6.00.

6 x 25p Combination Forecasts, plus 6 x 10p Combination Tricasts in 4.05. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £2.10.. 

• Like 1
    Posted

Drew a blank today on the real bets front; onwards to tomorrow.

Aintree Friday

1.45  Mister Coffey and Tronador

2.20  Ajero and Third Time Lucki

2.50  Chantry House and Shan Blue

3.25  Notebook and Politologue

4.05  Caribean Boy, Visioman and Livelovelaugh

4.40  Streets of Doyen and Bravemansgame

5.15  Copperless and Bold Enough

Edited by Bristle boy
    • Like 1
    Posted

Evening all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, well and that you all enjoyed Day 1 of the Grand National Festival.

Much thanks to Callum (KIRKCALDY WEATHER) above, for his selections on Day 2.

Below, are the Returns for each Entrant from this Afternoon's Races, converted from Points into "Virtual" £'s, in performance order: 

HAYLEYBR7 - 109.14 - PAULBR7 - 46.43 - BRISTLE BOY - 23.29 -  ANTONYBR7 - 20.29 - TOMSE12 - 19.29 -  CASSIE//SE12 - 19.00 -                          SUMMER SUN - 18.29 -  AVENGERSE12 - 17.00 - DRECKLY -  10.00 - KIRKCALDY WEATHER - 10.00 - LASSIE23 -9.00. 

HAYLEYBR7, performed best on Day 1 of the Festival and had a real "Bookie Bashing", Afternoon.

She found 3 Winners, ME TOO PLEASE (14/1>8pts), PROTEKTORAT (17/2>6pts), and ABRACADABRAS (5/1>5pts).

She also found 2 Forecasts, ABRACADABRAS/BUZZ, which gained Hayley - £52.71, and ME TOO PLEASE/ELLE EST BELLE, which paid - £22.43.

PAULBR7, also found Me Too Please,Protektorat and the Me Too Please/Elle Est Belle, Forecast.

AVENGERSE12, produced the other highlight of the Afternoon, by finding Foxhunter Chase Winner, COUSIN PASCAL (66/1>8pts).

You will find the Racing Post links to Tomorrows Declarations for Day 2 of the Grand National Festival, in a Post I made at 18.41, Yesterday Evening, your Selections for Day 2 of the Grand National Festival, MUST be posted on this Thread, by NOON Tomorrow.

I will post up the combined "Virtual" Returns, for Days 1, 2 and 3, and the updated Standings Table, on Sunday Morning.

For those of you that still need to select your Category 2 AINTREE DOUBLES, below are the R/Post links to the Declarations for Legs 1 and 2, which are Tomorrow's Topham Trophy H'cap Chase (4.05 Fri), and the Grand National (5.15 Sat). The Selections for your AINTREE DOUBLES, MUST be posted on this Thread, by NOON Tomorrow. For those Entrants that have already chosen your AINTREE DOUBLES, you may still your Selections, up until NOON Tomorrow.  

Thank you.

CATEGORY 2, LASSIE23's AINTREE DOUBLES

LEG 1 - (Topham H'cap Chase, Fri 9th) - Selection 1. -  2. -   3. - 

LEG 2 - (Grand National H'cap Chase, Sat. 10th) - Selection - 1. - 2. - 3. -

Regards,

Tom 👍 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

1.45 Edwardstone & Jacamar

2.20 Ajero & Dusart

2.50 Espoir De Romay & Fiddlerontheroof

3.25 Politologue & Fakir D'Oudairies

4.05 Livelovelaugh, Visioman & Modus

4.40 Gallyhill & Bravemansgame

5.15 The Grey Falco & Camprond

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

AINTREE 

1.45: - Selection 1. - Solwara One       2. - amarillo sky

2.20: - Selection 1. -   houx gris     2. - Ajero

2.50: - Selection 1. -    Chantry House    2. - Empire steel

3.25: - Selection 1. -    Nuts well    2. - dashel drasher

4.05: - Selection 1. -    modus    2. -    realm keeper    3. - lust for glory

4.40: - Selection 1. -  bothwell birdge      2. - streets of doyen

5.15: - Selection 1. - native fighter       2. - camprond

Posted

Morning all,

I've got loads to do, so I'll crack straight on and post up the Selections, of the BR7 Entrants.

image.png.b82ca6996b415deddcf8cf62146e5ab7.png

GRAND NATIONAL FESTIVAL
                                  ANTONYBR7

Fri. 9th April (DAY 2)

1.45: -  1 - Amour De Nuit. 2. - Mister Coffey.

2.20: -  1. - Houx Gris. 2. - Dusart.

2.50: -  1. - The Big Breakaway. 2. - Sporting John.

3.25: -  1. - Politologue. 2 - Notebok.

4.05: -  1. - Magic Saint. 2. - Modus. 3. - Court Master. 

4.40: -  1. - Bravemansgame. 2. - Gally Hill. 

5.15: -  1. - Tomorrow Morning, 2. - Bold Enough.

50p Reverse Forecast, on your 2 Selections in all Races, except 4.05. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £6.00.

HAYLEYBR7

Fri. 9th April (DAY 2)

1.45: -  1 - Wilde About Oscar. 2. - Master Debonair.

2.20: -  1. - Third Time Lucki.  2. - Houx Gris.

2.50: -  1. - Shan Blue. 2. - Silver Hallmark.

3.25: -  1. - Notebook. 2 - Politologue. 

4.05: -  1. - Visioman   2. - Kauto Riko. 3. - Morning Vicar.

4.40: -  1. - Midnight River. 2. - Bothwell Bridge. 

5.15: -  1. - The Grey Falko. 2. - Copperless. 

50p Reverse Forecast, on your 2 Selections in all Races, except 4.05. Total "Virtual" Stakes = £6.00.

PAULBR7

Fri. 9th April (DAY 2)

1.45: -  1 -  Edwardstone. 2. - Tronador. 

2.20: -  1. - Ajero. 2. - For Pleasure. 

2.50: -  1. - Espoir De Romay. 2. - Chantry House.

3.25: -  1. - Politologue. 2 - Notebook. 

4.05: -  1. - Two For Gold. 2. - Visioman. 3. - Livelovelaugh. 

4.40: -  1. - Oscar Elite. 2. - Cape Gentleman.

5.15: -  1. - Tomorrow Morning. 2. - Leoncavallo. 

Regards,

Tom.  👍 🏇    

Posted

CASSIESE12

Fri. 9th April (DAY 2)

1.45: -  1 - Tronador. 2. - Amour De Nuit.

2.20: -  1. - Dusart. 2. - Do Your Job.

2.50: -  1. - Chantry House. 2. - Espoir De Romay.

3.25: -  1. - Notebook.  2 - Mister Tommytucker.

4.05: -  1. - Livelovelaugh. 2. - Visioman. 3. - Senior Citizen. 

4.40: -  1. - Cape Gentleman. 2. - Streets Of Doyen. 

5.15: -  1. - The Grey Falco. 2. - Bold Enough.

TOMSE12

Fri. 9th April (DAY 2)

1.45: -  1 - Monte Cristo.  2. - Mister Coffey. 

2.20: -  1. - Third Time Lucki. 2. - Ajero. 

2.50: -  1. - Shan Blue. 2. - The Big Breakaway.

3.25: -  1. - Politologue. 2 - Notebook.

4.05: -  1. - Livelovelaugh. 2. - Kauto Riko. 3. - Morning Vicar. 

4.40: -  1. - Gally Hill. 2. - Cape Gentleman.

5.15: -  1. - Leoncavallo. 2. - Tomorrow Mystery.

Regards,

Tom.  👍 🏇