Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Our walk down to the deli this lunchtime was in drizzle and under a dull and overcast sky, which wasn’t a good start, and then there wasn’t any lentil soup, which was a disaster. I’ll be writing to somebody sometime about that. Then, after lunch, I decided to go and do some panic buying, but I didn’t need fuel so I panic bought six bottles of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, a twelve-pack of beers and a big packet of roast chicken crisps. I don’t feel so panicky now.

Temperature is 16.5⁰C up from a minimum of 12.8⁰C at 03:38, humidity is 90%, wind is 3 to 17mph west-southwesterly, pressure is 1007.9hPa steady, there’s been 1.6mm of rain so far today and cloud cover is 8/8 but maybe just thinning a wee bit.

Right, the Ryder Cup beckons; I may be some time…

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

After a bright start to the day here its gradually clouded over and now looks rather dull and miserable..

I did a little bit of panic buying myself too..

20210924_135136.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Another cracking day.

Overall got to say that, bar a few duff days, September has been very nice weatherwise.

A max of 21c with variable cloud and light winds.

Some lenticular type clouds visible to the west in the early afternoon...

clouds.thumb.jpg.fb77c40e795eeebf1c6a51f78591c1d6.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Stunning morning although I missed the actual sunrise! Several squadrons of geese were heading south Thursday after the first big Gale of the autumn Wednesday night/ Thursday morning.

A945066A-22E5-479E-A47A-8411DE752DCC.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

You lot are rubbish preppers!

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

@mardatha we take care of beer stocks first... things done in order of importance.

Another beautiful day here, sunshine, light winds and pleasantly warm. Still having to cut the grass every 7 days and do wonder when the final cut will be before winter sets in.

• Like 4

Posted

When the time comes for a bit of prepping, I shall do so sustainably. Me a green prepper.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Pretty nondescript kind of day. Uniformly dull despite forecasts for bright spells today. Quite warm with a max of 18.1C.

4B70B307-E4C8-49E1-9E4E-C2E397E11C9F.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

Had been dry but got a fairly heavy shower coming through now (it's warm rain though)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

I need to panic buy some footwear, back to the office on Wednesday for the first time since March 20 and not sure flip flops will be acceptable

Still weirdly warm, 20 degrees according to the car, but overcast grey and now spitting with rain. 

• Like 6

Posted

Back to summer today with some patchy blue sky, sunny intervels and a moderate west wind.Made it to 21c this afternoon.  Visbility  very good could see the cliffs at Dunbeath and several distant windfarms to the north.20210925_161633.thumb.jpg.5cfabc26d6443ba6e5e59813b9775920.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

I was stuck inside on an oxygen day today but through the window it looked much like the last week or so - mostly overcast and dull except for an hour of sunshine between 1pm and 2pm. However the temperature was staging a bit of a fightback, according to my weather station, and even inside it felt warmer.

Maximum temperature was 20.6⁰C at 14:00 up from a minimum of 13.4⁰C at 00:07, humidity got down to 76% at 13:55, wind was 2 to 12mph around southerly, pressure went from 1010.8hPa at 02:39 to 1007.0hPa at 22:22 and now 1007.3hPa steady, 0.2mm of rain fell today and cloud cover varied between 6/8 and 8/8.

• Like 4

Posted

Another lovely day.

Bit more cloud than yesterday, but still enough sunny spells to lift temperatures up to 20.3c; light winds throughout.

image.thumb.png.25bb5fd52bce0f8683197db8e0acc5ed.png

Another day of warmth by the looks of things before getting back to a more seasonal feel next week.

Noticed a lot of silage being cut the last few days round here (second cropping of the year).

That should help keep fodder prices down for the coming winter as apparently the first cut earlier this year was a good one (going by farmer neighbour).

Latest panic buying finally convinced the other half to go 21st century and get an electric car.  Now to try and find one that doesn't cost an arm, a kidney and an eye.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Warm here too but with a nice fresh breeze. Max of 20.5C with sunny intervals. The showers seem to be mostly up over the Central Highlands but on occasions did  look like coming this way.

D2BC4796-4DA9-4760-86D9-65570FAAEE78.jpeg

F69AE8C2-ABCA-4AE4-AD1B-DBEB56F2FCA9.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted

Another lovely day.

Mainly cloudy with some sunny intervals, dry with a strong southerly wind.

Max of 21.1c, wonder if that is the last 20c+ temperature of the year.

Posted

At long long long last it's wet! Only been waiting since start of August  Finally autumn has set in

• Like 2

Posted

A nice enough day here, only problem being I wasn’t here, I was up in Glasgow, where it wasn't so nice.

Maximum temperature was 19.0⁰C at 15:46, humidity minimum was 74% at 15:44, wind maxed out at 16mph at 16:17, pressure remained between 999 and 1000hPa all day, there was 12.8mm of rain today and cloud cover varied between 5/8 and 7/8.

• Like 2

Posted

Probably had more rain from this band than we've had most of the entire summer still raining a bit too then got the showers to come

• Like 2

Posted

Steady rain all night with a temperature of 19c at 4.00am, too warm to sleep. Still raining and 16c though I am sure it will fall soon. Large soil moisture deficit here so will soon soak away if it stops.   Neeps have tap roots this summer/autumn going down looking for moisture.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 6

Posted

Heavy driving rain, 8.7c, strong and gusty NNW winds.

Now that is the autumn I know and, well, maybe, not so love.

Should clear by the afternoon though.

• Like 4

Posted

Down to 10c now and I see the first snow symbols are on next weekends forecast on here for the Cairngorm mountains

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 6

Posted

There’s been fairly steady rain overnight and this morning however it’s clearing up a bit now. Chilly though.

Temperature now 13.1⁰C up from a minimum of 8.6⁰C at 07:27, humidity is 76%, wind 4 to 12mph west-southwesterly, pressure is 999.3hPa rising slowly, there’s been 32.6mm of rain in the last 24 hours of which 18.0mm has been since midnight and cloud cover is currently 3/8.

The moon appears to be staying up late. I wonder what's happening?

27 Sept 21a.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Pretty interesting looking shower just going through 20210927_144751.thumb.jpg.f1b17b3fcf6ca698cdac6e420f4a8f93.jpg20210927_145201.thumb.jpg.c26641dc62a0eaca5c69aa87e5b795fe.jpg20210927_145454.thumb.jpg.175bec8726dc2f4f0f91816e2fe14663.jpg20210927_145608.thumb.jpg.a11cecd143e336098e0fd86cf2ecdc62.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
4 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Down to 10c now and I see the first snow symbols are on next weekends forecast on here for the Cairngorm mountains

There was 6-7cms on the Cairngorm plateau this morning with snow showers forecast at times through the rest of the week. A bit late for the first measurable snow of the season up there.

Here yesterday at midday was 20.5C, today 10.3C. Sunny intervals this afternoon after the overnight/ morning rain passed through with the first shower just passing through now. Temp now 11.5C.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 6