Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted

Bearsden/Milgnavie way must be bad, looks like they've had torrential rain training on the area for about 90mins so far. I heard a rumble  of thunder from that cell earlier, fourth day in a row the North side of Glasgow has had a storm I think?  Nearly all  lightning is west of the current meto warning  (convectiveweather.co.uk looks to have got it right so far!)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Not too bad a day really, with a bright but damp and overcast morning improved as CMD’s malevolent influence receded towards the north and cloud cover broke up to allow a fair dollop of sunshine through. I hear there's going to be a bonfire in Aberfeldy tonight. Well, I say bonfire, there'll be a stake and some rope involved too.

Temperature maxed out at 17:28 with 19.3⁰C up from a minimum of 13.6⁰C at 00:48, humidity reduced from 94% at 03:51 to 70% at 17:33, wind has been between 1 and 9mph south-southeasterly, pressure rose from 1001.3hPa at midnight to 1007.0hPa now, there’s been 10.4mm of rain today all of which fell before dawn, and cloud cover went from 8/8 this morning to 3/8  now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

According to the radar there has been an intense area of rain in the Johnstone area for over an hour now. Was expecting it to move in this direction but seems to be drifting SW.

Edit to say: Likewise around Garelochhead - if the radar is correct there must have been some amount of rain fallen up there in the past 2 hours. These showers don't seem to move anywhere fast.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard
  • Like 4

Posted

Very localised showers today can draw a line across the road where they stop the farm missed most of them today. Bet we don"t tomorrow as we have 2nd cut silage to bale.  Very humid and warm again only tempered by a wind off the Firth occasionaly. Real humid August weather with corn lice in their thousands.

• Like 4

Posted

Lovely summer's day.

Dry all day bar a heavy shower in the last 20 mins - as it's dark it doesn't really count 

Max of 21c with light winds and good spells of sunshine, feeling hot in the sun.  Pretty humid out there with the midges responding to the perfect conditions (for them) .

gfds.thumb.jpg.cfd936476b8a7bd0bcf659beb45d6ab9.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ⛈ ❄️ ☀️ ?
15 hours ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Was out there for a walk. A huge Cumulonimbus to my south this appears to be maybe just over the boundary of Dumfries & Galloway but some height of a cloud. To my South East another storm perhaps over Midlothian/Borders.

1AB32FBB-8068-4E07-9BFB-73520654734D.jpeg

A463080D-045B-45F7-8033-A86CC4658C70.jpeg

I noticed this same tower yesterday evening. Some of the clouds were amazing here yesterday afternoon/evening. It would be interesting to know how tall the storm clouds got if anyone knows? I took this snap just before the storm hit in Paisley late afternoon. 

895E0A3D-0933-47DB-8FAB-493350CEB886.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Sunshine and shower today..  perfect for final house bits being moving.. got soaked twice already.. looks like some dryer weather to come after the showers over the next few days..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@WeatherPops welcome we really are a friendly bunch so I'm sure you will feel relaxed posting in no time, just @Mair Snaw goes a bit berserk on the Snaw hunt... Chill lad it's coming  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

@Kirkcaldy Weather .  A bit mad might be an understatement .. i shall be more relaxed this winter as im sure ive now gotten away from last winters snaw jinx...

• Like 4

Posted

Put this in the climate thread today.     Torrential rain at home but dry in Inverness this morning. Currently dull and17 c but now dry.

"Was in Inverness this morning and took the back road home to avoid the A96 which is very busy just now. This road takes you past Culloden Moor.Struck me that my chidhood memories from the sixties of a windswept barren heather moor are no more as a lot of self seeded trees such as birch are now growing there . Probably an indicator of a warming climate as the tree line rises up the hillside?"

• Like 3

Posted
18 hours ago, WeatherPops said:

.... BTW Hi everyone I have been a long time viewer of this forum but only joined today. I do love a good ⛈

Hello, and welcome.

2 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

@WeatherPops welcome we really are a friendly bunch so I'm sure you will feel relaxed posting in no time....

Don't you be making promises that some of us will find hard to keep.

2 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

i shall be more relaxed this winter as im sure ive now gotten away from last winters snaw jinx...

We hear what you say, we just don't believe you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I think these are chemtrails? from earlier 20210810_135750.thumb.jpg.124e607bfc4f081ba1c47eaabaa61fee.jpg20210810_135807.thumb.jpg.d6728e438df448abbc0366f58f0a335c.jpg20210810_141326.thumb.jpg.834273f2d201574298ea255dc1203622.jpg20210810_141516.thumb.jpg.be4d3a1a62baa620de0870774834d650.jpg20210810_141531.thumb.jpg.24605b5fb58532b5f3d0a08d01e0ffce.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Much better weather today........it didn't rain  Wasn't clear blue skies by any stretch and fairly breezy but much improved. Tomorrow looks a bit meh again

• Like 1

Posted

Ha haha ha hahaha haha ha haha!!! It was nice here.

Minimum temperature was 10.8⁰C at 06:42 rising to a maximum of 18.4⁰C at 12:02, humidity fell from 95% at 07:15 to 69% at 15:58, wind was 0 to 11mph generally southerly or thereabouts, pressure rose from 1008.9hPa at 00:08 to 1013.6hPa now and still rising, there was NO RAIN all day and cloud cover varied between 3/8 and 5/8.

• Like 2

Posted

Dreadfully wet day in NE Scotland, though still feeling mild.

Started nice enough, bit of sunshine whilst passing through Corgarff on way over to Speyside...

m.thumb.jpg.4d2b814a90895232dbf68d9283af71ad.jpg

Rapidly went downhill and by lunchtime just relentless rain in Aviemore and environs.

Drying up a bit in the evening, Corgarff castle looking a bit dreich on the return trip...

e.thumb.jpg.ec8ac89bdf58dc584ac43885bdedc58a.jpg

Plenty of evidence of flooding on the way back this evening, lots of surface water on the roads.  The dry spell last month is a very distant memory now.

• Like 3

Posted

Wet. Pouring with rain but should clear. Looks chilly tonight

• Like 2

Posted

quite unbelievable that it was a year ago today for the forever famous August 11th/12th 2020 storms,  will always be remembered especially by those of us that were under the most severe of the conditions for no less than 12 hours  we know it was a trough that set things off but I truly believe the forth played its part as it often has done over the last few years if there are any ways to study if there has been dramatic changes in the forth I'd be interested to see any findings  who knows what the next weather event of severe magnitude will be but those storms were probably the greatest example of careful what you wish for, though I'll be hoping its snow events  

• Like 8

Posted

Groundhog Day.

Useable morning with a bit of sunshine first thing then downhill rapidly to leave a late afternoon/evening of torrential rain.

Castle Fraser garden still has a kind of beauty to it even when it's lashing down...

rain.thumb.jpg.65ced0e066bc209dc758fe61491ef4eb.jpg

High of 15.9c mid-morning, currently 13.2c.  Low diurnal range again, overnight low was 12.9c.

Light westerly winds.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Mostly cloudy today with showery rain especially pm. Some clearance later as in this photo from earlier this evening. Max of 16.8c was over 3 degrees down on yesterday.

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
19 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Oi @Puffy MacCloud, happy now??

Loch Lubnaig is under the rain somewhere there.

No, not overly. Serves me right for laughing I suppose, but I recorded 12.5mm of rain yesterday here, and 125mm in the last 7 days. I strongly suspect witchcraft is at hand, or some other supernatural influence. Do you have a dragon? Would that explain why half the Pacific seaboard went up in flames just after you relocated to Canada? Is it now circling Scotland pishing on us all? This wet spell is certainly dragon on. (sorry, I’ll get my hat…)

Meanwhile, It’s been cool for the last couple of days with a maximum today of 16.8⁰C at 11:27 up from a minimum of 7.2⁰C at 01:31, humidity is 70%, wind is 2 to 16mph southerly, pressure is 1009.6hPa steady, there’s been 0.2mm of rain today and cloud cover is 7/8.

• Like 3

Posted

Great drying day strong Sw wind sunny lower humidity and sunny.Grass we two days ago thet got soaked during the last two days dried out very well. Baling and wrapping this evening.

• Like 3