Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Great pictures from you guys up there as always,we had a wee bit of a dusting here this afternoon and the Graupel was huge in size of around a halfpence and it was a mad half hour of it,next weekend looks like rinse and repeat for you guys

• Like 6

Posted

Morning. Looks like Aberdeen faired fairly well if it's snow you are after. Overnight radar showed some quite persistent light to moderate snow early hours then again towards end of night. A few cm of fluffy snow this morning.

Sun had started to dent it earlier but clouded over now with light snow back on again. Looks quite a big streamer inbound. Hopefully the last of this spell!! . Looking forward to some spring warmth-ish tomorrow.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

No new snow overnight here but still patches lying. Otherwise cold and mainly sunny.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Rinse and repeat here, if anything the most snaw on the ground of this spell this morning.

• Like 7

Posted

-2.2C overnight, fifty fourth air frost. Grey slate skies earlier and spitting snow flakes (some of the wierdly, quiet big but completely isolated). Bit birhgter now, patches of blue. UNlike yesterday morning when it was scrape scrape, no frost on the car at all this morning.

• Like 7

Posted

0c start less wind and overcast. Really reminicent of Aprils in the sixties when my mothers saying that "Spring doesn"t happen in Scotland summer arrives on the 1st of June" held true.Any green  grass shrivelling. and all growth in suspended animation

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

0c start less wind and overcast. Really reminicent of Aprils in the sixties when my mothers saying that "Spring doesn"t happen in Scotland summer arrives on the 1st of June" held true.Any green  grass shrivelling. and all growth in suspended animation

Aye, NL: Ne'er cast a cloot till August is oot?!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

There's more cloud about this morning but the sun has found a way of continuing to shine on through. Another lovely morning in what is becoming a dream ticket of a Spring season here in the southwest of Scotland.

Temperature 5.7deg.C up from a minimum of -4.2deg.C at 04:29, humidity is 55%, wind is an almost non-existent westerly, pressure is 1024.7hPa steady, there's been no precipitation in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is 6/8 and the dew point is at -3deg.C.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Minus 3 at start of play now nice day as wind is much lighter but snow showers still blowing through last one bit heavier.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winter/warm dry summer
3 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Indeed very true - I even recall one early June in the 70’s growing up in Nairn when the ‘country kids’ did not get bussed down to the town for school because of snow. Think it was the glenferness area mainly affected if memory serves me right.

• Like 8

Posted

Oh, my.

Captu#.JPG

What were you saying about wanting the end of winter @101_North?

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, shuggee said:

Oh, my.

Captu#.JPG

What were you saying about wanting the end of winter @101_North?

My XC forecast has that much fantasy snow in it I can't screenshot it all in one attempt

Spring can wait

• Like 6

Posted

Wind has finally dropped out  so 4.5c  does not seem so cold.  Snow  showers much smaller across the Firth this evening and managed to get a phto of one in Easter Ross caught in the evening sunlight. Ben  More to the left in the photo is still shrouded in an ongoing snow shower. DSC02514.thumb.JPG.b8e5058c95143a849528863f602bbb76.JPG

It appears it may not be the last snow shower of the season.  It really is an old fashioned spring and I for one am really enjoying the great cloudscapes and fabulous visibility highlighting the snow capped hills

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

More snow forecast Friday, bitter arctic air back again, the cold holding through the weekend..

Yes, we know, thanks. 

Enough's enough.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I find Spring getting colder and later every year. Thought it was old age but maybe not

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Wet here and temps a dizzy 5.7c with a mildish sou westerly, still plenty of drifts left over from the last few days snow which sounds like it returns again tonight.

• Like 7

Posted
2 hours ago, mardatha said:

I find Spring getting colder and later every year. Thought it was old age but maybe not

Aye as one who likes cold compared to heat old agethe cold  did make me suffer a bit on Monday and Tuesday this week as the back got locked up even tighter.Never mind I have an apointment with "the other women" on 2nd May to unlock it and I am counting the days. Usually go once a month to keep mobility going but will be four month gap this time.

This to me is just like an old fashioned Scottish spring weatherwise. Term days on farm tenancies were always 31st May to give outgoing tenant time to sow crops for incoming tenant so in Scotland springs in the past were always later than they have been recently.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Pretty blustery out this morning, front approaching or even passing through just now.  And if that was a 'mild interlude', well I think it'll take a Mediterranean style heatwave to satisfy me from now on.   

• Like 8

Posted

Yes the inner Moray Firth dust storms have returned this morning with this very gusty wind.  I   can see fields near Nairn, Forres and Elgin taking off today.    Need the cold front to go through to calm it down a bit as it is really violent out there just now. The last few days have really dried off the soil surface. Currently 9c

Two arctic fronts in one week coming south across the Firth. Heres todays one.DSC02519.thumb.JPG.281b4e88d251638b2776b709e328aa05.JPG

More wind turbines on the move on the A96.DSC02520.thumb.JPG.5eca7bf4ac5be4a5b53ede206982e2a6.JPG

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 5

Posted

This wind is really quite fierce (just ahead of the main rain)

• Like 3