Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
3 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's gloomy and miserable here in Kilmacolm, when does the sun come out here?

20210914_093401.thumb.jpg.865fbb3401bf8b544d89b2cd6b6b4c3e.jpg

Right after you leave.

It’s been wet overnight and earlier this morning but now drying out while remaining overcast. Temperature is up to 15.8⁰C up from a minimum of 12.8⁰C at 06:42, humidity is 85%, wind is 1 to 4mph southeasterly, pressure is 1013.6hPa steady, there’s been 3.2mm of rain since midnight and 3.8mm in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is 8/8.

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
forgot the weather bit, again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Glasgow was quite dreich this morning.

Nature is healing etc.

Posted

24 hours ago the forecast today on the telly was for a quiet but moist if not perfectly dry day. Woke up to pouring rain all morning.

This morning's telly forecast said rain clearing from south of Scotland and fizzling out. Dry at lunchtime and now pouring again.

Our beloved BBC forecasts aren't doing too well. That six hour forecast window is a tricky one to nail!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....
17 hours ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

image.png.ae6c0a9b8c89091902bc3c79d5a5f396.pngI'm looking forward to promotion to the spanking club with @mardatha

image.png.6bb5af939e7124e2e0761fda93df3046.pngand @mistyqueen

Mardartha and Mistyqueen, The Great Goddesses of the Spankathon! I'd better behave or I'll be getting demoted! Dreich and grey here all day, temp showing as a ridiculous 19c. Nah, not for one minute do I believe that. ( Sez she, flinging another log on the fire  )

• Like 8

Posted

Despite it remaining overcast all day and looking at times as if a downpour was imminent, there wasn’t any further rainfall and the temperature managed to achieve 17.4⁰C at 14:02. Looking back at the first two weeks in September, we had a high temperature at 28.2⁰C, the highest gust of wind was only 10mph, pressure got up to 1035.1hPa and only 15.6mm of rain fell during the entire period. I would normally take that as a good two weeks in any Scottish summer, never mind in autumn.

Meanwhile, I appear to have ascended the well lubed pole of achievement here to attain membership of the bare bum brigade; in fact, not only membership but I am an “Enthusiast”. I feel that I have arrived where I belong.

image.png.b4ac09e0dea3022b5be8293596a9b465.png

@CatchMyDrift, I truly hope for everyone's sake that your Dad won't have to wait too long.

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
  • Like 3

Posted

Wet morning, grey afternoon, dark evening.

Autumn now fully entrenched.

Max of 15c with light variable winds.

This is a scary graphic.

• Like 4

Posted

This morning dawned as crisp and clear as yesterday did dreich and murky, however it’s not to last apparently so I’m off to the beach right blooming now.

The temperature has risen to 16.8⁰C from a minimum of 8.4⁰C at 06:52, humidity is 80%, there’s no wind at all, pressure is 1014.0hPa rising slowly, there’s been no rain today and cloud cover is a very high and hazy 2/8.

15 Sept 21.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Bit misty and murky first thing...

ii.thumb.jpg.7bf2ec69f754f8cbd1d5eaa1f25c8523.jpg

Cleared by mid morning to allow some decent spells of sunshine.

Shower clouds building by mid afternoon leading to a bit of rain at teatime.

Max of 18.3c with light winds.

iio.thumb.jpg.b1a22db62cedf311d072598d98f762d9.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Went for lunch in Troon yesterday. When we went in it was a beautiful, sunny summer day but when we came out it was damp and dark autumn. Going to Stra'ven for lunch today and expect yesterday's experience will be repeated exactly.

Temperature is currently 15.8⁰C up from a minimum of 7.3⁰C at 05:59, humidity is 75%, wind is 0 to 2mph southwesterly, pressure is 1014.6hPa steady, there’s been 0.4mm of rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 4/8 with lots a big beefy ones all around.

Watch out lads and lassies, the Heidy’s coming.

• Like 5

Posted

The humidity returned yesterday in time for the first autumn calf. 20210915_142914.thumb.jpg.a81cd2ed993023195549a906ebef8276.jpgToday was a bit fresher and just as sunny .Mrs Northernlights was  working in the garden and I was servicing /cleaning tractors .

• Like 6

Posted
6 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I'm not sure if my Dad's new house has a built-in weather station or if it's a huge weather station with bedrooms and a kitchen?

20210916_161118.thumb.jpg.041bd7f87e69bb27711b360ba8dd139f.jpg

Never mind the weather station, is that genuine, original woodchip wallpaper?! If so, what a find. If Hysteric Scotland find out, your dad's house will get listed.

Today turned out to be a carbon copy of yesterday; sunny or sunny spells through to 2pm, clouded over by 3pm, light drizzle from 4pm to 6pm and then overcast. In the meantime the temperature got up to 17.7⁰C by 14:46 and another 2mm of rain fell in the afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's finished like that on the panels inside and out, not wallpaper and defo not Hysteric when you brush against it by accident. More like miniature painted rough cast....I don't understand either.

Sounds to me like your dad is living in a prime example of High Presbyterian Architecture; the home that hurts. Does it have the original bed of nails and a lava lavy?

We’re lunching locally today because the forecast is for rain in the early afternoon, so a wee dander doon tae ra deli is the order of the day. Lentil soup, bacon rolls and a big pot of tea from me thanks.

The temperature is up to 16.6⁰C from a minimum of 14.2⁰C at 06:33, humidity is 80%, wind is 3 to 12mph southerly, pressure is 1007.8hPa steady, there’s been no rain since midnight and cloud cover is a pretty thick 8/8.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Does anybody in here know anything about Smart meters, if so could I PM you?

Posted

Another very humid day broken by a wall of very black cloud advancing from the NW in late afternoon  with wet evening.Was a maximum of 21c in early afternoon.  Fairly keeping the grass and clover growing.

• Like 3

Posted

Much fresher this morning at 9c with bright sunshine. two more calves in the field this morning.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Sounds like nice weather for the wee new calves NL . Cool and slightly damp this morning.

• Like 4

Posted

The weather forecast for yesterday said that it would start raining here at 2pm and it started raining at exactly 2pm. Well done BBC. For once. Typically for the last three days the rain was just a constant drizzle but by midnight 4.8mm of drizzle had fallen.

Today the temperature is now at 16.7⁰C up from a minimum of 10.4⁰C at 04:53, humidity is 80%, there’s no wind at all, (maybe the spider is back,) pressure is 1012.6hPa steady, there’s been 0.2mm of rain since midnight and cloud cover is a marbled 6/8.

Meanwhile, up at the farm, the pigs that were being fattened for slaughter in time for Christmas have already gained the necessary weight so I need to arrange for them to be dispatched and butchered. While I’m at it I also need to arrange for the delivery of the new sheeps and see if I can get another couple of pigs. And a much bigger freezer.

18 Sept 21.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Pretty much sunshine all the way here today with the forecasted evening rain not yet in evidence. Felt warmer than the max of 18.2C.

0A5D02C7-4709-4375-8D48-634EFC2D2FB4.jpeg

BF24FCD9-7A0E-4F22-B862-CD90FECC3EF4.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

It turned out to be a nice day, warm enough with a maximum temperature of 19.8⁰C at 16:08, no wind throughout and the rain only starting again in the last half an hour taking the daily total up to 1.0mm, which all meant that I completed my tasks and should have an eventful day on Monday. Pigs seemed happy enough, considering.

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
  • Like 3

Posted

That rain didn't half pour last night all cleared now definety a bit cooler than it has been

• Like 3