Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted

Lovely morning at Stonehaven, even up to 19c if you believe the car thermometer.

Light winds and the town full of tourists.

harbour.thumb.jpg.05edcd68935761b8cf1609295c5b29da.jpgboat.thumb.jpg.37da7377a54b7c3ec0fec216d30d88f3.jpgpano.thumb.jpg.55a6a161d4e08f3330b5ec5cdbbd1bac.jpg

Even a Saltire to mark the day!

scot.thumb.jpg.9d5869b92117b1c52d05ceb0315033be.jpg

Afternoon clouded over, to leave moderate rain this evening - been a long while since heard steady rain!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Was wondering how you were getting on Mistyqueen. We haven't had too much in the way of rain doon here either, I'm wondering if it might start in Nov and carry on until May now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....
2 hours ago, mardatha said:

Was wondering how you were getting on Mistyqueen. We haven't had too much in the way of rain doon here either, I'm wondering if it might start in Nov and carry on until May now.

Very likely Mardatha! Still sticky and clammy up here and we're forecast fog later on and there's certainly some weird cloud building up away to the south.  Currently around 20.1c so I reckon I won't be lighting the fire or switch the central heating on for a wee while yet! ?️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

We've had a nice wee bit of rain last evening, 2.0mm, and early this morning, 1.2mm, that has left the garden looking a lot happier and the cars looking a bit cleaner, which is fine by me. Overcast now and looks like remaining that way for the rest of the day.

Temperature currently 17.7⁰C up from a minimum of 14.2⁰C at 00:19, humidity is 89%, wind 1 to 5mph southwesterly, pressure is 1020.9hPa steady, there’s been 3.2mm of rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
8 hours ago, mistyqueen said:

Very likely Mardatha! Still sticky and clammy up here and we're forecast fog later on and there's certainly some weird cloud building up away to the south.  Currently around 20.1c so I reckon I won't be lighting the fire or switch the central heating on for a wee while yet! ?️

Currently on Skye too. Very Dreich and murky and certainly not cold. Actually quite moody and dramatic looking around Uig today. Glasgow getting a heatwave but no sign of sun here….

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard
  • Like 3

Posted

It stayed dull all day, except when it was dull and raining, and another 0.8mm of rain fell since earlier. Are we downhearted? Heck no! Let's get on with Autumn.

• Like 2

Posted

Hard to believe we supposed to get to 24 today (and 26 tomorrow) with how grey it is at the moment (which it has been since yesterday) not very inspiring at all

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

It rained a wee bit yesterday, but still very muggy and sticky here. Currently around 21c, cloudy with it. The duvet was off more often than on last night and I think it'll be the same tonight. Cooler later in the week thankfully. 

• Like 5

Posted

The sun has just broken through what until now has been a completely overcast morning, although zero wind and average humidity have meant that being outside was reasonably comfortable.

Temperature now at 20.9⁰C up from a minimum of 15.1⁰C at 05:32, humidity is 77%, wind has been 0 to 1mph southwesterly, pressure is at 1020.2hPa steady, there’s been no rain today and cloud cover is 7/8.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny. Here at 22C but feels hotter. Was dripping when I finished cutting the lawn earlier. The sunflower up at the back was enjoying it too. Has decided to grow about 2 to 3 feet taller than the other ten or so round the grass.

C01D2DF4-D0B9-4DC6-A70F-2F1F67342139.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

What a stonker of a day, high summer indeed.

A max of 24c, light winds and plenty of sunshine (though you can tell its autumn with the copious amounts of dew on the grass in the morning).

w.thumb.jpg.4d915c8d0539d50a11a1f6ebc3fbb537.jpge.thumb.jpg.02b070f02fc30b7ba73597d8e0c14f5a.jpg

Wasps everywhere on the blackberries, making picking them an unusually tricky endeavour.

Lucky enough to see 6 Red Kites this afternoon following behind a combine (presumably looking for mice etc that met an untimely end).  A much more impressive sight than the usual flock of seagulls and crows!

image.thumb.png.392b16d6bfdc858b19c66aeadb304253.png

• Like 6

Posted

Took a while but the cloud did clear to leave us with a stonking afternoon (and got tomorrow to come too) Some sort of breakdown on thursday but to what extent is uncertain and looks like it won't be unsettled for too long................

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Never simple for storm forecasting I’d give it a 50/50 for tomorrow from @Northernlights across to @Ravelin it’s all dependent on a possible convergence zone image.thumb.png.47f3aff81bb3e845e7e885d318540f3b.png the 2km nmm not so keen. 27C and higher for quite a few tomorrow image.thumb.png.630bc55d5de840dd1eae429ea4a98aa8.png disgusting sums up the night temps image.thumb.png.76227787e38696515375c0bb2afed0d7.png needing some more runs before attempting to call Thursdays storm chances.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Hit a high of 24C here today and still 16C at 21:30. A bit of flash bang would be nice but I doubt it. 

• Like 6

Posted

Yes very humid and warm here today with lots of midges this evening. Cow with mastitis a result of all the flies around.Harvest drawing to close all round .Grass and clover growth absolutely astounding with a third cut likely off one field that was not grazed. Cattle very happy in the sun. Made it to 24c here too this afternoon. Been chatting to kids on phone out in the garden all evening in shirt slleves under the stars.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 6

Posted

The clouds from this morning had cleared away entirely by early afternoon and the temperature got up to 24.7⁰C here by 17:06, at which time the humidity got down to 64%. Pressure got down to 1016.6hPa at 18:48 and has climbed slightly since to 1016.8hPa now. The forecast says that it’s going to be hotter tomorrow but that really isn’t necessary, thank you, and another day just like today would be fine. If I was being picky some sunshine just a wee bit earlier would be nice.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Yesterday started dull and stayed dull and rather dark all day which was bit of a surprise, today is fine and clear so hopefully a going to be sunny hot day.  Notice the Rowan trees seem extra laden with berries this year which look magnificent 

• Like 4

Posted

Today marks my 1-Year Anniversary of joining this motley crew, and yes, I know that to you it seems longer, but nonetheless it’s true and to mark the occasion we are blessed with rather a lovely day.

Temperature is up to 26.3⁰C from a minimum of 12.8⁰C at 04:07, humidity is 60%, there hasn’t been a breath of wind all morning, pressure is at 1011.5hPa falling slowly, there was 0.2mm of rain overnight apparently and cloud cover is a very thin and high 2/8.

Oh, and someone’s stolen my exploding ice cream cone. That’s the thing with Admin types; they can’t abide the thought of giving you something without showing that they can take it away again. In any event, I didn’t ask for it, I don’t need it and I won’t miss it.

1 year in.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
15 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

Oh, and someone’s stolen my exploding ice cream cone. That’s the thing with Admin types; they can’t abide the thought of giving you something without showing that they can take it away again. In any event, I didn’t ask for it, I don’t need it and I won’t miss it.

The only thing I can think of reading that is @Mair Snaw saying the opposite about snow

• Like 3

Posted

Overnight low of 8.9c and now 20.1c.

That is lower than the 22c at this point yesterday so I do wonder if we will buck the trend and have a cooler day today.

The difference down I suspect to the high altitude cloud that is around here in abundance at the moment, this making the sunshine very hazy.

Some nice rippling effects in that cloud first thing this morning...

image.thumb.png.a655766fd9566ee0d541a8063551bb12.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Hi Kilties - how likely is it for thundernlightning near me tomorrow?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

"To be confirmed but Scotland may have just recorded its highest September temperature since 1906..28.6C Charterhall the high Scotland so far today" @Petagna Met Office

13Z ob of 28.4C, crept a bit higher in the hour #ScottishBorders. CLick on temperatures in Netweather radar extra for the info. 

0908charterhall28scot.png

• Like 5

Posted

27 here today. It's HOT! but a comfortable hot maybe cause of the time of year or something. Wonder what might have achieved temperature wise if this was the height of summer

• Like 4