Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted

Seems like the very middle of the country seems to be seeing all of the activity - Still hoping to might come this way later on! image.thumb.png.4aed702473fed03a26bb5c43ec73eae8.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny spells here today with no showers. A max of  21.6 C so a bit down on yesterday. Another muggy night to come I think.

• Like 5

Posted

A fair bit of hazy sunshine today. Still feeling warm and with little breeze it’s still pretty stuffy. Will likely catch the rain moving in from the west but not sure how much there will really be here. 

• Like 4

Posted
On 24/07/2021 at 23:10, Northernlights said:

Round bales of hay home to sheds today after being outside for nearly a week after being baled with forecast rain making it necessary.Neeps are moving on despite very dry soil conditions and heat sustained by the drizzle from the sea fog at nights.

Will get lots more growth in them if we get proper rain next week. 20210724_204707.thumb.jpg.781d629e8b0fdf654036797e787c660a.jpg

Compare your field of beauty to this weed filled mess of a neep field in the village near us...

neep.thumb.jpg.c4ca8b59ee01be646d8f87d0d92d3982.jpg

Dead calm outside, very murky and 16.1c.  The sinuses are indicating that things are going to go bang in the next few hours ⛈️

• Like 3

Posted

Seems to have gone very quiet just now... here's hoping for a better show tomorrow

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Heaviest rain of the year here right now. Some thunder and lightning but seems to be a bit away to out NW. Noise of the rain making it hard to hear anything distant.  

• Like 4

Posted

Have woken this morning to an incoming storm, last lightning strike was approx 3 miles south from us. Also had 10mm of rain in the last 35 minutes so the grass will be like a swimming pool I’d imagine.

• Like 6

Posted

Long long long last finally we have rain (non convective or thundery) just feels so nice to hear and see it again

• Like 5

Posted
10 hours ago, Quinach said:

Compare your field of beauty to this weed filled mess of a neep field in the village near us...

neep.thumb.jpg.c4ca8b59ee01be646d8f87d0d92d3982.jpg

Dead calm outside, very murky and 16.1c.  The sinuses are indicating that things are going to go bang in the next few hours ⛈️

Another very wet morning flood water has under doors into steading where bundles of hay bales are curing so  some will need to be shifted and bottom bales dried off. Currently calm and 16c

With regards to neeps we only have one pre emergence herbicide left for neeps and timing of spray is very critical just after sowing.Also very dry soil conditions make it less effective too so not easy to control weeds in neeps today.Bring back the old hoe.  I still have our old tractor to cultivate between rows which is  very effective in dry conditions.

• Like 6

Posted
49 minutes ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

That must be about 3 weeks or so since it last rained.

Yeah, proper rain! It did rain very very lightly early one morning last Wednesday.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

It’s rained. It has really, actually, properly rained. I’m so excited, I’m going to get my speedos on and roll about on the wet grass. And it’s lovely and cool. Bliss.

Maximum temperature was 13.7⁰C at 04:01 and minimum of 12.6⁰C at 07:53 now back up to 13.4⁰C, humidity is 87%, wind is 0 to 6mph westerly, pressure is 999.9hPa steady, 4.6mm of rain fell between 05:00 and 06:00 and cloud cover is currently 8/8 and looks like the sort of stuff that might add some more rain. Whoohoo!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Heavy and at times torrential rain here at last.  Thunder and lightning off and on through the night.  Brief dryer spell this morning before rain and dark skies have returned. Some fantastic flashing last night.

• Like 5

Posted

Ferocious period of rain for about 30min at 6am, but thereafter its been dry and now the sun is trying to come out helping to dry things out (hard surfaces already dry).

Only heard one rumble of thunder but the longevity of the band of intense rain is amazing, it's still going hours later over North Aberdeenshire.

Seems to have stalled a bit compared to when it was passing over here, going to be some significant flooding under that around Maud/Turriff etc.  Usual flooding hotspots in Aberdeen appearing on the local Facebook site.

image.thumb.png.6c33031adb325f87a444182c7c49b5ab.png

Very light winds and currently 16c.  Rain radar looks clear for a few hours so time to kick the kids out to get some fresh air!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Good seeing the reports of storms further north and north west, when I seen things firing up to the south west 20210727_172630.thumb.jpg.bde05c15c72bfc8f4081790d2b4534bb.jpg did think I'd get the first storm of the year but wasn't to be, think the easterly storm killer played a part. Again chances over the next couple of days, tomorrow a front moving south then localised instability in the east animvco3.gif animrny1.gif

Similar conditions on Friday nmmuk-28-60-0.png?28-11

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Markedly fresher today compared to last week and the weekend.

Quite pleasant, but I did enjoy the heat of the sun.

• Like 4

Posted

Some rain overnight here but otherwise a dry and increasingly sunny day. 20c under mostly clear skies at present. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

I took my mother and younger daughter to the bistro down the road for lunch, and in celebration of the break in the heatwave I was singing the song that Don McLean would have written if he’d been frae Ayrshire.

So, bye-bye, to the sun in the sky, wore my wellies to the deli, but the weather stayed dry…

The temperature got up to 18.0⁰C at 15:23, humidity got down to 67% at 16:21, the maximum gust of wind was 11mph at 15:28, pressure reduced to 998.8hPa currently, rain increased to 4.8mm today and cloud cover varied between 8/8 and 6/8 with a period of sunshine around lunchtime.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

First rain here since 10th July, 22mm of it according to the weather station just up the road, hitting with a big spike around 6am and tailing of to nothing by 10am, but a little top up from a couple of showers late afternoon. I think the front stalled a bit as it went past us as I hear it was a lot heavier in Inverurie. We took a fun fron Alford to Aberdeen and back late morning and there was no real evidence of any flooding on the roads. 

A high of 16.5C wasn't too bad under cloudy skies, and we might struggle to reach even that in the coming days. A little sun to keep the triffids, I mean tomato plants, in my greenhouse ticking along would be welcome. My cabbage and runner bean won't probably mind a cooler spell though. 

• Like 3

Posted

Dried out a bit after lots of overnight rain and storms but rain rolled back in from the south this evening. So drought well and truly broken.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Not one flash or rumble here yet, just a very heavy shower middle of Tues night. Yesterday stayed dry. Cooler though. Definitely seem to get less weather down here than we did up in the last house!

Anybody in here near Portmahomack or up that way? My daughter has moved up there and I'd get an idea of her weather.

• Like 4

Posted

A mixture of sun, cloud and a bit of a breeze. All standard really. Suppose don't feel too bad when the sun's out

• Like 3

Posted

Back to Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ today.

Indeed, actually feeling more like September than late July thanks to a brisk NW wind and a lowly max of 15.9c.

Some more organised rain overnight, with occasional spots of rain this afternoon (we have been lucky to miss heavier pulses of rain that have been loitering around near us this afternoon).

The rain yesterday has been much appreciated by the garden, the lawn already looks noticeably greener.

• Like 3