Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted

Certainly didn’t feel any cooler today and the low cloud cleared pretty early on. Feeling hot in the sun and really starting to notice how dry the ground is with the grass now being pretty brown. 

Even at sunset it was still really warm on a walk round the village. 

DEF81626-69B0-4CDA-B0FE-B74F1E59B656.thumb.jpeg.158057fd58c326d4b9a6bdc2670065df.jpeg

3A2FED4E-CBBA-40D9-884C-BEC63DD0D509.thumb.jpeg.4979c67d42b852cea79b2d4a52b4ee43.jpeg

1B8AB435-3785-49DE-91B8-605C8DD26C6A.thumb.jpeg.584dc8658585bfc7228b6bbe8508779f.jpeg

3F48B952-BC1E-4885-83F3-E50DEB09DAB7.thumb.jpeg.6cbe401cab804965d11dac8a155f302a.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted

Round bales of hay home to sheds today after being outside for nearly a week after being baled with forecast rain making it necessary.Neeps are moving on despite very dry soil conditions and heat sustained by the drizzle from the sea fog at nights.

Will get lots more growth in them if we get proper rain next week. 20210724_204707.thumb.jpg.781d629e8b0fdf654036797e787c660a.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Next few days could have storms for many, Monday has a low moving close to the east coast, CAPE just continuing to increase throughout the day with developing cells likely to start further west then move east into the evening. Tuesday potentially storms from near enough start to finish as a barbed trough on the fax shown tastily positioned then lowering pressure and a front behind that 9A559454-8307-4B06-9534-D7605A95A616.thumb.png.72245afa228e3d49a8d8ee1656bb3fbd.pngABA066EC-8B9A-4982-A096-917C3001921C.thumb.png.722763d77034056e08b95f8f34847cb9.png

• Like 6

Posted

If the storms are anything like some have had down south today..............could be some serious humdingers around next couple of days............yet again here ANOTHER clear hot and sunny day (no low cloud this morning either) last really nice day though for a while................

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Well, a bit of same old, same old today with heat, sunshine and very light wind throughout the day - but, there are now some large, billowing, dark grey (if not quite black,) clouds to the west, which is very likely a harbinger of things to come.

Maximum temperature was 25.4⁰C at 16:05 up from a minimum of 11.9⁰C at 05:35, humidity maxed out at 87% at 03:22 and reduced to 50% at 15:26, wind has varied between 0 and 7mph mainly northwesterly, pressure has reduced from a maximum of 1010.5hPa at 09:06 to 1008.8hPa now and is looking steady, there has been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 2/8.

• Like 3

Posted

Another lovely day, though more cloud than yesterday (and now it's overcast as low cloud has rolled in over the last half-hour).

Max of 23c with light winds.

Kids have been lucky with the weather for the school holidays so far,  a month in and we've not had to resort to using the wet weather attractions.

Think that will change this week looking at the forecast, hopefully with some ⛈️?️

• Like 5

Posted

Another hot one today. If anything feeling hotter than yesterday. Any low cloud was gone when I got up. 

One more day too see out what has been a fabulous spell of summer weather. 

• Like 7

Posted

Been sunny this morning but breezy. Might actually just manage 1 more fine day out of this spell

• Like 5

Posted

Up until noon I thought that we’d finally crossed back over the border from Hotland to Scotland and could relax in the gentle warmth of 17⁰C under a lightly overcast sky, but it wuznay to be. In the last hour the sky has started to clear and the temperature is up to 20⁰C. I looks like it’s going to be a hot and muggy afternoon.

Temperature currently 20.0⁰C up from a minimum of 10.4⁰C at 05:28, humidity is a sticky 70%, wind is 2 to 9mph south-southeasterly, pressure is 1007.7hPa falling slowly, there’s been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 4/8 most of which is to the west.

It’s now been 14 days since it last rained here, which is remarkable for the west of Scotland, and the month of July has only seen 16.2mm of rainfall. It should rain tomorrow according to the forecast, which will be a great relief to the local farmers now that the hay is all baled and under cover.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Another lovely day here today.. took the boys out for an ice cream and a walk along the river...looks like its the last day of decent weather for a while. Could almost feel like Autumn a few days in the coming weeks.

Packing up of belongings has started and now just 2 weeks left before the move inland to Rothienorman.. apparently they took a proper pasting last winter so fingers crossed for a repeat this time round.

Looking forward to the potential storms coming up this week. Do love a good storm.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@Penicuikblizzard you notice anything? 

• Like 4

Posted

It's been quite a while since we've seen showery looking skies...

image.thumb.png.88e4fde22531b79656f70a6637a2e955.png

No rain so far, though I see the Met Office has a yellow warning for here for Thunderstorms and Heavy Rain over the next few days - 

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

Moray looks like getting a real soaking...

Currently a very pleasant 21c with a brisk NW wind.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Radar looks like its bursting into life.. Perth looks like its getting action along with the crieff area.. @edo and @Polar Gael must be getting on the action.. the south west of England seems to be the buzy place this afternoon too.. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Crash bang wallop here now. Before that, we maxed out at 25.5°C. Oh well, the ground needs a good soak, I suppose...

⛈️⛈️⛈️

• Like 6

Posted

Was looking on ukweatherworld (the forecast from them for tomorrow has been posted in the convective thread and it's a corker!

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

@Penicuikblizzard you notice anything? 

Notice anything?! I'll say. Him and his bran flakes were at the epicentre.

49 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

I didn’t as I was working in Edinburgh this morning,,,pretty crazy stuff

A likely tale. Or tail, possibly.

Meanwhile, in fragrant East Ayrshire, I strapped on my small portable oxygen tank and sallied forth to challenge the lawn with my new motor-mower. Much as I had suspected, my knackered lungs were severely tested by the heat and humidity and although I completed the task, I spent 20 minutes sitting on the steps in a puddle of sweat trying to catch my breath. At least I hope it was sweat.

• Like 6

Posted

Made me giggle thinking that the earth moved in Penicuik.

I took a journey into off-topic land down the M74*/M6 today to see a caravan and therefore missed the overhead development of substantial heavy showers in the BIggar/Coulter/west Tweeddale area - all marched north east and have bothered east Edinburgh and East Lothian this evening.... Back now though and in the garden where the rain has barely touched the ground and the washing I foolishly left outside is thankfully dry to touch.

*Was boiling hot in Lockerbie in the sun...

• Like 3