Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted

An unexpected victory over the Haar this evening, the low cloud clearing up after teatime to allow a lovely sunset.

1034189479_jj(Large).thumb.jpg.c33b3b5b4851cd483eef0b13443e0ec1.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
26 minutes ago, Quinach said:

An unexpected victory over the Haar this evening, the low cloud clearing up after teatime to allow a lovely sunset.

1034189479_jj(Large).thumb.jpg.c33b3b5b4851cd483eef0b13443e0ec1.jpg

Great photo of a hay field but my eye is drawn to  a few ragged bales.Net wrap not being applied evenly to bale .Baler needs a bit of servicing or operator needs to slow down a bit to give machine time to work

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Once it’s within the range of 2km wrf I will get a better idea but Friday might have some feisty storms getting going say from the Cairngorms then southwest of there over toward the west with 1000+ CAPE easily as indicated here A5054FD5-BDFB-479A-A5A0-662B45359B26.thumb.png.a075b0b07aa0048edca2e04396b83abb.png

• Like 6

Posted

Put washing out last night before going to bed, got up just after 5 and had a quick look out the window only to see the ground was wet…I knew I was tempting fate! None of the pws in the area have recorded anything, even the boy down the road with the posh one, so it was obviously only enough to make my slate patio darken. The residual heat within it will have it dry in no time

Currently 14.8c, humidity 92%. Off to West Lothian this afternoon so fingers crossed for a pleasant evening.

• Like 5

Posted

Deja vu of yesterday. Low cloud has crept in but should be gone in the nexh hour or 2 and another sunny (and HOT)! day

• Like 2

Posted

Actually taking a bit longer to brighten up than I thought. Still warm though

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

I'm pretty sure I can hear the odd rumble of thunder. Any way of checking this? 

Posted
15 minutes ago, snowidea said:

I'm pretty sure I can hear the odd rumble of thunder. Any way of checking this? 

Absolutely nothing on radar so strongly doubt it was thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
44 minutes ago, NUT said:

Absolutely nothing on radar so strongly doubt it was thunder

Thanks @NUTmust just be rumbly wind no bean jokes. 

• Like 1

Posted

The Haar and Haarless areas are plain to see in the current temperatures in Scotland (ignoring the Saharan temperatures in Dalmellington, Stornoway etc - people, get your weather stations placed correctly)...

image.thumb.png.8beccf799195e4a314a9f19e47b1f31d.png

Grim day here of Permagloom™, that thick enough to dampen all surfaces first thing.

A surprisingly brisk ESE wind, combined with a max of 18c, making for a cold feeling day.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

25C, 27C and 26C for the last 3 days here. A bit warm for me but at least it hasn't been as uncomfortable as that spell in 2018. This is the 23rd day of 20C + temps so far this year where I am, i've got no idea how that compares to previous years but it does seem to have been a consistently warm summer since late June. 

Edited by Ross90
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Quinach said:

The Haar and Haarless areas are plain to see in the current temperatures in Scotland (ignoring the Saharan temperatures in Dalmellington, Stornoway etc - people, get your weather stations placed correctly)...

image.thumb.png.8beccf799195e4a314a9f19e47b1f31d.png

Grim day here of Permagloom™, that thick enough to dampen all surfaces first thing.

A surprisingly brisk ESE wind, combined with a max of 18c, making for a cold feeling day.

It is shame that so many unofficial weather stations report such extreme values both for heat in Summer and also for cold in Winter as it means we cannot really take any unofficial readings as being anywhere like correct. This means that potential records away from the official sites will be missed.

Here the cloud was much slower to thin and break today and has come back earlier this evening. In the hazy sunshine this afternoon it got up to 19.9C and it felt pleasant enough but way short of the temps recorded inland and in the West. Looks similar tomorrow too.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Higher and higher baby, that's the way the temperatures are going. And still as dry as a dry thing.

Maximum temperature today was 27.9⁰C at 17:23 up from a minimum of 13.1⁰C at 04:46, humidity went from a maximum of 90% at 05:03 to a minimum of 54% at 17:22, wind was recorded at 0 to 8mph, pressure went from 1020.7hPa at 07:23 to 1020.3hPa at 19:21, there was no rainfall recorded in the last 24 hours and cloud cover varied from 0/8 to 1/8 throughout the day.

• Like 2

Posted

The day started grey, damp and haary in Pittenweem and I understand it pretty much stayed that way. Thankfully I’m on holiday and up in Grantown. Speyside looking lovely in the sunshine with temperatures around 25c this afternoon. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all! Sunny morning here, current temp around 17 - 18c, although one weather station tells me it's already 22c. Either way it's warm. Thankful not to have the ridiculously high temps that the Central Belt have had. I can just about cope with 22c! Took ages for the cloud, mist and haar to clear yesterday, and Boy did that foghorn howl! Nice evening it was and looks like another lovely day to follow. Exceptionally dry, can't remember the last time we had rain. I have friends who have private water supplies, I guess they'll be getting worried now. The burn that flows behind my house is practically non existent now. Not good, considering the number of Bonglies we have here intent on ' wild camping '. I expect the fire department could be quite busy if these temps continue. Stay safe and cool Peeplings. 

• Like 6

Posted

and like the last 2 days cloud to start the day but should brighten up this probably be the last very hot day should still be warm tomorrow probably not as hot as it has been (thankfully) don't look like a too bad weekend at all very likely will turn next week

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Sticking with my Cairngorms and south west of there idea for today’s storms, might also be something near south western coast, Callander showing the instability nicely 29E54BDB-7C2A-45FE-9873-0EAEC8819FAA.thumb.png.ad942dae940e5a02e39d9135a47f827e.png and at the end of the 0z run check that 850 temps of only +2 likely will change a bit but stood out 1312F685-0DAC-48FF-87D0-0F4D9E8BF3ED.thumb.png.9b102511ba21f9ef521bce2ddec3c16d.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

The cloud has taken longer and longer each day to break up here this week. Mon/Tues was breakfast time, Wed was approaching lunchtime, yesterday was after lunch and today has not happened yet though forecast to do so by5pm. Not a cold haar though at 19C.

• Like 3

Posted

Cracking day.

Foggy first thing but it cleared by mid morning; thereafter unbroken sunshine bar a little high level cloud.

Combined with light winds, lovely feeling and temperatures responding with a high of 23.1c.

Another lovely sunset, the Haar already lurking with intent to the NE and E, already draping Bennachie and associated hills in mist.

77.thumb.jpg.32574551680c8e6f62fde70076c2a457.jpg

66.thumb.jpg.3130e9eb6e580e5a579aa2ea6535cf5f.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
9 hours ago, Quinach said:

Cracking day.

It certainly was, and a good day for our preplanned visit to friends in Kemnay for a BBQ. Very nice to be able to comfortably sit outside from mid afternoon into early evening, but it became a little too chilly once the sun disappeared behind the house. 

Looks like we will see cooler temps this coming week, and finally some rain for the garden? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Based on the consistently high-quality reporting of cool, cloudy conditions by our brethren from the east, I decided yesterday morning to head for the Borders in an effort to escape the heatwave in the west. Right enough, Galashiels was only 20⁰C at noon with overcast skies and a decent breeze. However, by 3pm in Peebles the temperature was up to 25⁰C with broken cloud and back in Ayrshire at 5pm in the pub’s beer garden it was up to 26⁰C, cloudless and calm, so perfect for soaking up the summer atmosphere and a few beers.

Today the temperature is now up to 22.8⁰C, humidity is 60%, wind is 1 to 7mph north-northwesterly, pressure is 1011.0hPa falling slowly, there’s been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is a very high, very thin and well broken 4/8.

Today is ‘Gardens in Bloom’ day in the village and, by coincidence, my new lawn mower has arrived, so I intend to spend the rest of the day fitting all the ancillary bits, filling it with oil and fuel, and then get out and pretend I know something about garden maintenance. Wish the garden luck folks…

• Like 2

Posted

Only difference with today's weather is the low cloud cleared quicker but pretty much as you we're just not as warm as it has been. One more nice day tomorrow before next week...............

• Like 3

Posted

Another gorgeous day.

Fog/Low Cloud clearing by midday and unbroken sunshine thereafter.

Max of 23.4c with a brisk SE wind.

River Don looking very inviting for a paddle at Alford...

2325.thumb.jpg.922180da0636c71b7a0172b1bc5db9ad.jpg

2326.thumb.jpg.478da1e29b4e41a46947951f004967fc.jpg

• Like 7