Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

High, thin cloud has broken at times and thickened up at others but it's managed to remain bright all day, with or without actual sunshine. The westerly wind is sheltered from my weather station be the trees behind my house so the recorded 1 to 6mph is probably at least half of the proper result. Yet another nice day though.

Maximum temperature was 21.2deg.C at 16:12 up from a minimum of 8.4deg.C at 05:01 and it's currently 19.9deg.C, humidity is 68%, there's been a constant (and refreshing) westerly breeze, pressure is 1018.9hPa steady, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 7/8.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Pretty much complete cloud cover in Glasgow and feels a bit cool in the breeze. Hoping the forecast is right for this extended warm spell as I’m starting to get the impression it keeps being put back each day, to be replaced by this afternoon’s faire.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Pretty much complete cloud cover in Glasgow and feels a bit cool in the breeze. Hoping the forecast is right for this extended warm spell as I’m starting to get the impression it keeps being put back each day, to be replaced by this afternoon’s faire.

Was expected to cloud in to be fair but it will break tomorrow 24 forecast for Glasgow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

21.4c up here but mostly cloudy but gawd it is still so humid although quite a blustery wind which gives some relief.  Field webcam is finally up and running so hopefully will have a live feed set up in time for the snows this winter together with live weather info.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Yesterday Met Office showed Saturday and Sunday to be full sunshine for here.. Now it’s showing cloudy for the weekend. Tomorrow now looks to be the best day then cloudy from Friday onwards. 

Yep, big disappointment. Started planning barbecues based on forecast yesterday for 26c and sun on Saturday and Sunday. Now 21c and cloud.

☹️☹️

• Like 1

Posted

High of 23.4c, light to occasionally fresh winds, oodles of sunshine.

Perfect summer's sky.

tgh.thumb.jpg.6dfda482027a75c95cb335282746d467.jpg

Kids loving it. 

Pity the Cetirizine and Vaseline hayfever combo failed completely, spent most of the day sneezing and the kids laughing at the perpetually dripping neb.  Oh how I loath hayfever!

Edit - noticing some very high level cloud just now as the sun is setting, has the potential for being a good night for a Noctilucent display.

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 6

Posted

Today's weather was disappointing; it was supposed to be sunny, but it stayed cloudy the entire day; however, it was still warm, reaching 21.5°C. The weather for Thursday appears to be sunny and hot, so let's hope it's correct this time. Unfortunately, the weather forecast for the weekend has changed, and it is now more overcast and cooler than it was saying on Monday and Tuesday. The good news is that high pressure is expected to persist for the majority of next week, meaning that we will remain dry and settled.

• Like 4

Posted

Was supposed to start cloudy................it hasn't  Already a absolute crackerjack of a day

• Like 5

Posted
12 hours ago, Quinach said:

Edit - noticing some very high level cloud just now as the sun is setting, has the potential for being a good night for a Noctilucent display.

Not as good as the display a few weeks ago, but still pleasing to the eye...

ss.thumb.jpg.64ec644d61de7f70f587ebc091c1f27a.jpg

uuj.thumb.jpg.053fb060e8b48be6d3d0b3b63b3ed2ea.jpg

Lovely sunny start to the day, already 17.1c.  Light variable winds.  Pollen count atrocious 

• Like 9

Posted

Wall to wall sunshine and currently 27c Fabulous day for making the last of the hay both here and at a neighbours.

• Like 7

Posted

I was up in the west-end of Glasgow with one of my brothers at lunchtime and the car said the temperature was 24deg.C, which under a clear, blue sky wasn't surprising. Just got back home and the car said it's 23deg.C here, so 1deg.C less than in the city. That'll be the urban heat island effect then?

Weather station says it's currently 23.0deg.C up from a minimum of 10.6deg.C at 05:32, humidity is 57%, wind is 1 to 3mph west-northwesterly, pressure is 1024.1hPa steady, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and there isn't a single cloud in the sky. A beautiful day. Beers called for I think.

• Like 3

Posted

Holy it's warm! Still not 1 cloud in the sky. More of this please!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Left the Outer Hebrides yesterday in cloud and mist with a cool wind. Got home to warm sunshine which continued all day today. My daughter who is still in Harris was showing a friend who has never been there before today around the beaches is moaning and jealous as it was cool and cloudy over there with even a bit rain at one point. They still went for a swim though. Rather them than me. Despite the last couple of days being dull it has been very dry over there and relatively warm this Summer. 

Photo is a deserted looking Reef beach in Uig, Lewis in the cloud a couple of days ago. Just out of shot rather spoiling the image were about a hundred camper vans and caravans

47A8586E-FF37-43F9-80A8-D5C761A30658.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted

25.2c, moderate west wind, sunny with isolated cloud.  Lovely summer's day, pollen count continues to be atrocious

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Hello good folk of the weather world.. wow what a wonderful few days it has been here in Costa del Aberdeenshire.. made it out to Balmedie beach.. have made an offer on a house still in Aberdeenshire so now just sitting back waiting for the phone to ring...

20210715_125025.jpg

20210715_125022.jpg

20210715_125319.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

It was completely overcast this morning but cloud cover started to break up from lunchtime onwards leaving us with a very pleasant afternoon. Just completed the beer run and am ready for the beer boys to arrive. Got a bottle of wine too, just to keep things equitable.

Maximum temp was 23..6deg.C at 15:38 up from 11.6deg.C at 03:04 and currently 22.9deg.C, humidity is 67%, wind is 1 to 4mph west-northwesterly, pressure is up to 1028.4hPa steady, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 4/8.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Not een checking in as we were away for a few days in the motorhome, 3 nights near Lochaline and 9 nights at Dornoch. Weather overall was more than acceptable, warm enough for a swim in the North Sea on Tuesday. 

Got back home in Wed and it's certainly been what you would call warm, with temps in mid 20s the last 3 days. Just about cool enough to sleep at night as long as the windows are open. Not the best weather though for tiling and decorating our main bathroom and ensuite, which we're completly stripped while we were away, and are still in various forms of disarray. 

• Like 3

Posted

It was a beautiful sunny day on Thursday, with a clear blue sky and warm temperatures, but there was a breeze so it didn't feel too hot. It was about as near to perfect summer weather as you can get. It was overcast today, but the sun tried to come out later on. Despite the lack of sun, it was fairly warm today; I measured 22.9°C on my weather station, making it the warmest day I've had this year.

Edited by Zenarcher
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Despite not being as sunny today was the warmest of the year so far on my weather station at 25.1C. Still over 20C now so a sticky night to come. A bit better day out in theWestern Isles too according to my daughter. Sent this vid of starlings near the Butt of Lewis.

• Like 2

Posted

In the end squeaked past the 26c mark to give a max of 26.1c, so the warmest day of the year.

Lovely evening and sunset, the stiff wind from earlier dying away quickly after tea.

1164067473_h(2).thumb.jpg.490088cfce839ba3e92ff039a5e12521.jpg

The high level cloud to the right gives the promise of another night of noctilucent cloud.

Farmer neighbour commenting that it should be a good harvest this year, grain on the turn...

1296706950_i(2).thumb.jpg.19f8cd23c650521587569ce502c299fe.jpg

And good weather for hay...

g.thumb.jpg.5f98fcaa87aace978c8079ac043e1b22.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Started clear and blue but breeze is up quite a bit might make it more bearable

• Like 3

Posted

Clear blue skies. Lovely morning for walking the dog.

Weather forecasts really get my goat. Forecast for Saturday

Wed - sunny all day

Thu - cloudy all day

Fri - Sunny spells

Wake up this morning - sunny all day 

Barbecue on, off now I need to try and get it back on

• Like 4