Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Getting fedup with thick cloud and rain now, can somebody change the order and bring me hot sunshine again please

• Like 5

Posted

Light rain on here very humid and misty. Currently 17 c so warm too for the hour of the day neeps /grass loving it  although ground still very dry underneath 2 to 3 inches. Feels like we could get some thunder today with flies/midges very bad. Flies get in on the photo.   Barley on the endrigg is starting to ripen20210710_205642.thumb.jpg.d3ed2e0010d19bb900784f9b4e245b08.jpg

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Light rain on here very humid and misty. Currently 17 c so warm too for the hour of the day neeps /grass loving it  although ground still very dry underneath 2 to 3 inches. Feels like we could get some thunder today with flies/midges very bad. Flies get in on the photo.   Barley on the endrigg is starting to ripen20210710_205642.thumb.jpg.d3ed2e0010d19bb900784f9b4e245b08.jpg

clouds starting to clear up here in Nairn  but the big Q will there be thunder here later 

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 3

Posted

Watching the Scottish Open live (on telly) from East Lothian and play has been suspended as Thunder was heard nearby. Seems to be more Eastern Scotland that are seeing the showers.. Been showers in the west too but short lived. Think it’s been dry in EK as my Garden is dry when I returned home and sun has appeared now.

• Like 2

Posted

Had a few heavy showers but no thunder as yet. However its very oppressive and with some very black clouds to the south.

• Like 3

Posted

Had 1 or 2 small light showers but nothing major still so warm and humid

• Like 2

Posted

Well, we've had a three hundred percent increase in thunder activity this summer - three rolls of thunder from this shower an hour or so ago (no lightning to be seen though and the rain completely missed us).

a.thumb.jpg.7bff5e176a14306d87e4bf2c5806b153.jpg

b.thumb.jpg.8158d6de01a71b4b837ea7861237e7c1.jpg

Very sultry feeling, with a max of 21.5c (so warmest day of the month) with generally light southerly winds.

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

It was cloudy and threatening rain when I left home at lunchtime to take my daughter to Edinburgh Airport and it rained while I was on the M8 but now back home and the clouds are well broken with loads of sunshine streaming through. It's a tad muggy though so someone could do with turning on the fans at Whitelees Wind Farm and provide at least a bit of breeze down the road here. What's the point of a wind farm otherwise? 

temperature currently maximum for the day at 20.9deg.C up from a minimum of 13.8deg.C at 04:12, humidity is 67%, there's no wind whatsoever from any direction, pressure is 1011.3hPa falling slowly, there's been no rain here for 24 hours and cloud cover is currently 3/8.

• Like 2

Posted

5 or 6 rumbles of thunder this afternoon along with some absolutely torrential rain - completely overwhelmed the guttering and washed a lot of mud and silt down onto the road. 

Seemed very localised to the Bennachie range though, from deep  water to bone dry with in a mile or two. 

• Like 4

Posted

Reached 20.4C yesterday and felt like 30C. So humid. No rain though - but rainy skies moved over us and it fell anywhere around us - seem to be in a wee bubble!

PXL_20210711_142552775.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Been cloudy but it is brightning up the last major threat of showers day for quite a while so it would seem

• Like 3

Posted

Today the BBC app says it's going to go from cloudy to showers and sunny bits, the Met O says it's going to go from cloudy to sunny periods and it's actually already sunny with a lot of light, white clouds that show no immediate sign of rain at all. Irrespective of all that it's warm and muggy.

Temperature currently highest of the day at 22.4deg.C up from a rather warm minimum of 14.9deg.C at midnight, humidity is 67%, wind is 1 to 4mph northeasterly, pressure is 1011.6hPa steady, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 5/8.

• Like 2

Posted

After a day of heavy thundery showersyesterday overnight was a peasouper with everything very wet and the humidity off the scale Not much sleep last nght my least favourite weather. This afternoon although humid the sun is trying break through with odd blue sky patches. Its currently 20c which is just fine for me.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
On 11/07/2021 at 16:31, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Watching the Scottish Open live (on telly) from East Lothian and play has been suspended as Thunder was heard nearby. Seems to be more Eastern Scotland that are seeing the showers.. Been showers in the west too but short lived. Think it’s been dry in EK as my Garden is dry when I returned home and sun has appeared now.

I'm sure I heard a fast rumble from that, didn't get anything overhead but to the west things were getting going IMG_20210711_170304.thumb.jpg.49e8ca3b76b929a33f66c0a930f3f11b.jpgIMG_20210711_170947.thumb.jpg.3ec112c7a545d15f56d5686828919797.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

image.thumb.png.a762897a7fd8eb6cc15ea269e534cb1f.png

Stormy skies over the Polytunnel

• Like 4

The Met Office had predicted thunderstorms for this afternoon for my area over the past few days, but it didn't come to anything. We did have a few heavy showers pass through between the sunshine, and the only thunder picked up on the radar came from around Oban. Today was the warmest day I've had so far, with a maximum temperature of 22.7°C recorded from my weather station.

Tuesday looks warm and sunnier and this weekend the Met Office at the moment are going for some of the warmest temperatures we've seen this summer so far.

• Like 5

Posted

Well, the forecasters predicted a cloudy day.

In reality, a corking day of sunshine and variable cloud.

Combined with light winds, a proper summer's day.

The low diurnal range continues, overnight low of 14c and a max of 19.5c.

Lovely evening for a walk around Castle Fraser and environs.

tt.thumb.jpg.42dcfdfa89746852da3a063fa2abce34.jpg

Looks like the Castle Fraser Gunnera survived the winter...

ii.thumb.jpg.2daaff07311ef5bb52428f7eb0292c9f.jpg

As for the locals in the field next to the castle "gawd, another tourist gawking at us..."

cow.thumb.jpg.4bffcc1cb6e633168104a54707ccbcdd.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

It's been an absolute belter of a day so far. Went up to my mother's for lunch, which we had outside in the sunshine, and am going out for dinner with younger daughter and some friends tonight to the hotel in the village, which will include a nice walk.

Temperature maximum was 22.6deg.C at 14:32 up from a minimum of 11.1deg.C at 03:04 and it's currently 21.6deg.C, humidity is 66%, wind is 1 to 3mph west-northwesterly, pressure is 1016.6hPa steady, there's been no rain today although a less-than-torrential shower yesterday evening produced 0.4mm and cloud cover is 4/8.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

A cloudy but muggy day again here, 22c the max. Made it easier to sleep off nightshift in thankfully.

Weather from tomorrow onwards looks stunning, Met office forecasting 26c for Monday now (climbing every day).

Gonna be up near Grantown-on-Spey for a stag do end of the week and weather is to be glorious into the low 20s. A BBQ is planned

F1B267C2-6421-4AA5-81B3-A8BCF167FCF1.jpeg

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 3

Posted

Harr made an unwelcome return, with a constant battle between it and the sun for most of the day.

The sun though was triumphant by 4pm, leaving a lovely sunny end to the day.  The celebrations may be short-lived though as I can see a bank of Harr just lingering with intent to the SE.

Generally light winds and a max of 18c after an overnight low of 13c.

Looks like a gorgeous few days ahead, just hope the hayfever tablets work better than they did today. 

• Like 1

Posted

Some fair weather cloud but really is a lovely afternoon with a lot more of this to come  Could easily be the best spell of the summer

• Like 3