Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Big white puffy clouds are billowing up over Glasgow to my north, where I was with my brother earlier on and the car thermometer was reading 25deg.C. The sky over head back home is clear, as is the sky to the south, and although it's cooler here it's still plenty hot enough for me.

Maximum temperature here was 23.4deg.C at 13:36 up from a minimum of 10.2deg.C at 05:18 and it's currently 22.2deg.C, humidity is 65%, wind is 1 to 6mph westerly, pressure is 1019.3hPa steady, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 3/8.

• Like 4

Posted

Grand hay day after misty start but with a nice fresh wind off the sea .20210629_155505.thumb.jpg.9f2814e9cd0ab3f3f305fbb78f4825c4.jpg20210629_160235.thumb.jpg.d5a7f07fdad850df7efe0b8ace6f1996.jpg

Aurora Storm gainfully employed picking strawberries20210629_170509.thumb.jpg.5a12199f686950dbe6b11fc9f2574853.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Cloudier to start so won't be the same as yesterday. Hopeful it will brighten up though. Better enjoy any nice weather while we have it does look like turning from Sunday

• Like 5

Posted

A quintessential scottish summers day.  

Not too hot (17c max) and the sunshine filtered a bit by a lot of high level cloud; light northerly winds.

The right weather to have a little afternoon snooze (the second covid jab packed a punch!)

l.thumb.jpg.28b26a706ac2adfe75079fbac0940195.jpg

Much rather this weather to what is happening elsewhere, the heatwaves in the arctic just now are astonishing and you just know its not a good thing.

newFile-2.jpg?width=1200&auto=webp&quali
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

It comes month after scientists called temperatures in region ‘mind-boggling’

Land temperature in the Arctic Circle has reached peaks of 48C during a “persistent heatwave” in Siberia.

The European Union’s Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service said land surface temperature “widely exceeded” 35C across the Russian region on the first day of summer.

• Like 6

Posted

Sitting in Cambridgeshire under grey skies and 16c. Heading south for a staycation hasn't worked at all ☹️

At least my fruit and veg plants are getting some of the Glasgow heatwave

• Like 4

Posted

Today started off badly; partly because it was grey and overcast but mostly because I had a pulmonary function test at the hospital. This particular test is one where a lady in blue scrubs puts a person who can't breath properly in a sealed box and makes them suck and blow in a manner that both she and the patient already know the patient can't do. I hate it. However, today my older daughter came out of quarantine and so she and my other daughter both made my test  bit easier by driving me down to Crosshouse, and afterwards to Barassie beach where we had a lovely gentle stroll. It was grey and misty there but by the time we got back to my village the sun was out and we had a great lunch in the beer garden. It's remained sunny since.

Temperature maxed out at 23.2deg.C at 16:22 up from a minimum of 11.7deg.C at 02:27, humidity is 57%, wind is 0 to 2mph west-northwesterly, pressure is 1019.9hPa steady, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is currently 4/8 but high and thin.

• Like 5

Posted

No hay today as low cloud did not lift till mid afternoon so off to empty beach with dog  as onshore  north wind was very chilly.20210630_161255.thumb.jpg.a84986837284db9fe689cc54dd0908aa.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

July has started the way June finished, bright and sunny, however although the sky to the east has 1/8 cloud cover with that being high and feathery, to the west the cloud cover is 5/8 with big, white, puffy affairs that look to me like a less appealing weather front approaching, which one would expect as the schools are now on holiday and weeks of rain can't be far away.

Temperature now up to 21.1deg.C up from a minimum of 8.9deg.C at 05:11, humidity is 58%, wind is 1 to 3mph southerly, pressure is 1020.0hPa steady, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 3/8.

• Like 2

Posted

Great day again after cold clear start at 6c.Currently  clear blue skies and 16c with a cool breeze from the north.

• Like 4

Posted

Another crackerjack of a day some small puffy clouds building nothing major but the good weather is almost on it's way out

Edited by NUT
  • Like 4

Posted

Turning more hay this morning/afternoon. Put in wrong thread  a senior moment.20210701_130629.thumb.jpg.9f5ffa2fbb4067ab6fc26a20b1aa02f5.jpg20210701_132548.thumb.jpg.e8de48895350b96e887d3a84ba2ec8f5.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

3 days of convective chances coming up, tomorrow likely convergence with a shower repeatedly shown around Edinburgh - borders not much CAPEnmm_uk1-1-31-0.thumb.png.d5934fd1c1c3f57ce6528e4625d5b51d.png but higher CAPE on Saturday & Sun. Will just be glad to maybe get some cloud pics after a long spell of nothing photo worthy.

• Like 6

Posted

A bit more hay under cover today.    20210701_212141.thumb.jpg.ddaddc6902e8cef2db8cc575ee5e6b7e.jpg

At the risk of upsetting the southern half of the UK we have had a fabulous June after such a cold April and a cold wet May.

• Like 6

Posted

Today stayed sunny all day and that enticed me to return to the coast to see if Arran had risen from the mist of yesterday, and indeed it had, which was nice to see. As was the sea.

Temperature got up to 23.0deg.C at 16:04, minimum humidity was 36%, wind stayed very light but swung round to a southeasterly, pressure slowly reduced to 1019.1hPa and is now steady and cloud cover was about 2/8 for the bulk of the day.

01 July 21 01 (3).jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Had a little shock to the system returning to Dundee in the early evening after a couple of days in Glasgow. Left there in the sunshine with the car reading 26C and came out of the car here with a stiffNortherly breeze and a temp of 16.9C. 
Nice sunset tho.

3BA955D3-BB36-4FFF-AFCE-1EF3113A03DD.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Been just fabulous here, until this morning. Light rain! but the garden's happy.

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Torrential showers now developing in parts of North and South Lanarkshire. Threatened to rain here earlier but turned out few spots on windscreen that was it.

I'm watching that. No strikes within it but looks interesting and it's warm out there (although clouding over quite rapidly)

• Like 1

Posted

The met office forecast says it should be cloudy with sunny intervals and an easterly wind right now, the BBC says it should be cloudy with showers and a westerly wind and the netweather forecast says it should be changing imminently from sunny to rain with a northerly wind. So, nothing new there then. What I've observed so far today is that a cloudless sky at 07:00 has changed to an overcast sky now with a couple of breaks and a couple of black-bottomed, voluminous clouds making their way towards me from the west. I would bet on it getting more than a tad moist hereabouts in the near future.

Temperature max for today so far was 20.2deg.C at 11:53 up from a minimum of 12.1deg.C at 01:04 and it's currently 19.7deg.C, humidity has risen from a low of 60% at 11:11 to 65% now, wind is generally 0mph with a very occasional 1mph fart from the west, pressure is 1016.4hPa steady, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 7/8 as I type, but it's just got a little bit brighter again.

• Like 2

Posted

Ahhhhhhhhhh that smell in the air when it's not rained for quite a while and now it is...............bliss!

• Like 4

Posted

Just stopped off for a coffee on our way home from a week in SW Scotland near Dalbeattie. As good a week of weather as I can ever remember on a staycation! Sun has shone for 7 days straight and felt very warm at times. Kids were in the sea most days (carefully timed visits to meet the incoming tides) loads of fantastic walks and bike rides in the surrounding forests. Cracking bit of the country! Sad to be heading home really

• Like 9

Posted
50 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Just stopped off for a coffee on our way home from a week in SW Scotland near Dalbeattie. As good a week of weather as I can ever remember on a staycation! Sun has shone for 7 days straight and felt very warm at times. Kids were in the sea most days (carefully timed visits to meet the incoming tides) loads of fantastic walks and bike rides in the surrounding forests. Cracking bit of the country! Sad to be heading home really

SW Scotland Is overlooked for holidays! 

Been sunny and warm all week, not really hot but humid at times.

• Like 3

Posted

The rain on the drive home from just outside Biggar right to the Edinburgh City bypass was brutal! 

• Like 2

Posted

Another warm day, unfortunately we've missed all of the downpours to our north and east, hopefully we catch some over the next few days. This is a photo of the cell developing over Glasgow a short while ago. 

20210702_190923.jpg

• Like 6