Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

First day of summer and it's a belter. Three more months of this please.

Temperature 21.8deg.C up from a minimum of 12.2deg.C at midnight, humidity is 58%, wind 2 to 5mph southerly, pressure is 1017.9hPa steady, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 4/8.

• Like 5

Posted

Another wonderful sunny day with subtle variations on the theme.

The Haar was missing overnight, thanks I suspect to the stiff SE wind that is still present now.

Temperature a little bit up on this time yesterday at 17.7c, lovely in the sun but a little chilly in the shade thanks to the wind.

Surprised to see quite a bit of cloud bubbling up to the NW, thankfully the wind will keep those away.

image.thumb.png.ecc216387a8bc900b7f735da47457248.png

Cacti loving the weather...

g.thumb.jpg.c0c5424223c07b9f2e8fc2e3389bad11.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Just maxed out at 24.0C. What a lovely day.

• Like 8

Posted

Not been clear blue skies by any stretch of the imagination so sunny spells really but it is warm!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny here all day until mid evening when the cloud rolled up the river in the Easterly breeze. My warmest day so far at  19.1C before the breeze got up so still waiting for our first 20C of the year. 

FFD3F52F-2744-4341-8E24-51192169E3FF.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Today turned out to be the warmest day of the summer here, reaching 24.1deg.C at 17:23, at which time the humidity was 43%. I missed this record-breaking event because I was having a nap, which was a momentous meteorological misadventure that I may record in my memoirs. Or maybe not.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

19C at the house when I got home from work, that'll do nicely thanks. Having to water the plants now though, especially ones in pots which are trying out fast.

• Like 6

Posted

Cracking couple of days but there's a fair old haar piling in now! Could take a while to burn off tomorrow! 

• Like 5

Posted

Another very warm humid day today pushing growth on.Super busy day   neighbour drilling and  me sowing neeps from  10.00am to 10.00pm. Another neighbour with telescopic  loader and young Mr Northernlights  carting and mucking out last fold of 150 tonnes of muck  and contract sprayer in putting herbicide  plus trace elements (Mn and Cu to help colour) on  last two undersown  fields of spring barley which is fast getting near last stage of growth for spraying.

Photo of some  of  the last daffs in very cold areas that have made it to June.DSC02731.thumb.JPG.ce5590540dd57295da36f5865e0bb7ab.JPGDSC02732.thumb.JPG.940724e7279fb0fc567b6446d6c238d7.JPGDSC02733.thumb.JPG.d3561ebd4b807f37a33a7c79dc437701.JPGDSC02733.thumb.JPG.d3561ebd4b807f37a33a7c79dc437701.JPG

Explosive growth in the spring barley trying to make up for lost time. 20210531_195555.thumb.jpg.afb88688c53d726bc4dddef7efc0df8e.jpg20210531_195704(2).thumb.jpg.fb777da92d6e45c6b0a624647e24b3fc.jpg

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 9

Posted

Haar returned with a vengeance after 11pm last night, really thick at times.  Before that though, we reached a max of 21c and there were some lovely Cirrus clouds around at sunset...

tA.thumb.jpg.575fe2320d419c97334060313d243ecd.jpg

Currently very light winds, 12c, and the Haar has morphed into low cloud that so far has been very reluctant to shift.

• Like 9

Posted

Another grand day. Just enough in the way of puffy white clouds to prevent the sky from being boring, plenty of sunshine and about as warm as I feel comfortable in. Taking my mother for lunch at the hotel down the road today. I offered to collect her but she insisted on driving down herself, but she can't do two journeys (12 miles!) in a day so she'll just stay overnight. That'll be salad for tea then as she can't eat two 'big' meals in a day. I don't think I have any salad. Do cold chips count?

Temperature 21.1deg.C up from a minimum of 9.1deg.C at 05:33, humidity is 58%, wind 2 to 7mph northwesterly, pressure 1016.7hPa falling slowly, there's been no rain all summer (2 days so far, we'll see how long that lasts,) and cloud cover is 2/8.

She's here!

• Like 5

Posted

The low cloud is mainly gone but left with a lot of high-level cloud that is making the sun very hazy. 

Combined with a now stiff SE breeze, its feeling cool out there with the temperature hovering around 15-16c.

Meanwhile I see Siberia continues to swelter - look at those temperatures next to the sea ice!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Nice day here too but a bit of a nagging stiff breeze taking the edge off.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Lovely keen breeze taking the edge of the temperatures, sunny and 24.5c

To be cooler tomorrow which is rather beautiful as i’m nightshift  

• Like 6

Posted

Lovely day. Just more hints of high cloud now the breeze has made it more bareable I suppose but it's still warm. Don't think be the same tomorrow but hopefully the unsettled conditions won't last too long

• Like 5

Posted

Maximum temperature today was 24.5deg.C at 14:46 and the humidity got down to 42% at 15:14. All in all a lovely day. Still light, just, but the temperature has dropped to 11.6deg.C already.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A sunny day here but the breeze off the North Sea keeping it that bit cooler with a max of 16.1C. Then this evening the haar came in properly for the first time as far as here with mist and a fine dampness that was almost drizzle.

• Like 4

Posted

Another gorgeous day, the summer is really off to a flying start.

No lingering Haar today, but a stiff old SE breeze once again pegging the temperatures right down, currently 16.4c.

A few high level clouds but conditions are right for plane contrails.

These at times have their own sort of beauty once the high altitudes winds get to work on them....

a.thumb.jpg.846eec3839dd7d925bb896f463f81735.jpg

b.thumb.jpg.2543711c639d3b96cc93552c50510599.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Right, that's it, game's a bogey, ba's on the slates, summer is over and the toys are being thrown out of the pram. The sun has gone and it's now completely overcast and dull. The temperature made 17.5deg.C a couple of hours ago but it's now down to 16.8deg.C, and the humidity is stuck at 75%. Furthermore, there was 1.0mm of rain early this morning to break a 7-day dry streak. A complete absence of wind and pressure at 1018.9hPa steady means that it feels just a tad muggy outside. I'm off in the huff then.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Yep there’s a real gloom about today. Weather app was promising sun would break through around now but looking at the thickness of the cloud and the fact it doesn’t appear to be very likely to shift, it seems quite unlikely. But of a shame after yesterday’s sun.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard
  • Like 2

Posted

Really hot this morning got up to 26c at midday but rapidly cooled as cloud moved in in the afternoon.    Mediterranean blue sky with wispy high cloud for Scotland just amazing but doing manual jobs outside not pleasant.

Have had about a months growth in the last week.Mother nature really correcting the inbalance of this spring.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Not a normal headline that  

195171158_4129228210498321_1972306394913
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Pictures of a large otter spotted in Rosyth in Fife have circulated on social media with animal welfare officers unable to find the creature. 

• Like 7

Posted
3 hours ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Yep there’s a real gloom about today. Weather app was promising sun would break through around now but looking at the thickness of the cloud and the fact it doesn’t appear to be very likely to shift, it seems quite unlikely. But of a shame after yesterday’s sun.

Actually an hour or so after this post it did brighten up. Fair play to you weather.

• Like 5

Posted

Wait a minute, it's stopped hailing,

Clouds are clearing, puddles draining,

Sun is shining, gee that's better,

Maybe today I'll go back on to Netweather.

• Like 3