Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted

Beautiful sunny start to the day but there is a wall of grey Haar immediately to the east and that has been edging closer over the last hour - go away I beseech thee!

Yesterday was glorious with copious sunshine, light winds and a max of 18c.

Edit - Nice sunset as well with that lovely rosy pink colouration to the cloud bases.

h.thumb.jpg.2df6072f517d25b28ea5b4e5b5cdeb68.jpg

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 3

Posted

14c overnight Yeh!!! Growth is going to take off this next week

• Like 6

Posted

Considering was supposed to be cloudy all day been quite a lot of sun around so far looks like most of the rain (if we get any) might well fizzle before it reaches here

• Like 4

Posted

Beautiful day and warmer than forecast. Car was showing 17c-18c just now. Looks like it might cloud over but hopefully the rain will stay away. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A sunny morning here with light winds and the temperature responding nicely up to 15.5C by noon. However after lunch the SE breeze freshened considerably and cooled things down somewhat plus brought a bit of haar/cloud in off the North sea and up the river that at one point was getting a bit close for comfort. Currently 13C and sunny but still with haze and cloud to the East.

• Like 3

Posted

Urgh. The grass needs cutting. Where did I leave the strimmer battery charger?

High today of 16.6C and the rain skirted the house, as when I was out in the local village 2 miles north this afternoon, it was pouring down.

• Like 6

Posted

Misty morning and hot sunny  afternoon with west facing  sun facing wall thermometer reading 33c but shade thermometer on east facing wall is a much more reasonable 16c.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Dull and grey all day here. Can even see the eastern extent of the cloud cover from my window. Hopefully the sun can get through here tomorrow...

6EB83A0C-9490-4B86-9D75-94C6065CDFAF.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Cloud has disappeared. Looking like a crackerjack of a afternoon (said that yesterday though)!  More confident today

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
2 hours ago, NUT said:

Cloud has disappeared. Looking like a crackerjack of a afternoon (said that yesterday though)!  More confident today

It’s very dull and grey here. Doesn’t look like any chance of the sun forcing through any time soon. Was a very nice morning though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

What a nice day to get out of hospital, although any day would be a nice day to get out of hospital. Looks like it'll narrowly miss hitting 20deg.C today, which suits me fine as I'm not that keen on hot weather.

Temperature got up to 19.8deg.C at 12:33 up from a minimum of 10.7deg.C at 01:44 and it's currently 19.6deg.C, humidity is 69%, wind is 0 to 3mph swinging from N towards E, pressure is 1030.0hPa rising slowly, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and although cloud cover is 8/8 it's still a bright day.

• Like 4

Posted
On 24/05/2021 at 08:36, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Is that one of the wee roads that goes out towards Waterfoot?

Correct. Photo was taken on Flenders Road which runs from Eaglesham Road to Mearns Road. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

It’s very dull and grey here. Doesn’t look like any chance of the sun forcing through any time soon. Was a very nice morning though.

Yep I was wrong  Clouded in again infact quite threatning at the moment

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

The sun broke through earlier than predicted here this morning and the temperatures responded accordingly with the max of 18.0C being several degrees above some of the forecasts. Now 15.6C and sunny. Still hints of haar out to the East and briefly in the river earlier. 

Went down to the pond to check if the resident swans had cygnets but the pen stuck resolutely to the reeds so could not confirm though the cob was out feeding. The nearby duck had three ducklings though. That is quite a low number? If so I wonder if the herons that visit occasionally were responsible.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 5

Posted

Very warm and humid this afternoon with some threatening cloud over the hills giving a few light showers.. Currently  17c

Most of crop sprayed for weeds.

A couple of interesting nature tales. The holly tree I photographed last autumn laden with berries retained them until the last week of April this spring when in just one day they were stripped. Find it fascinating that the birds leave it till a time of need.

Today too a big skein of geese headed north over us a little late but maybe delayed by the cold spring.

Rescued a swift on the ground this morning probably following a fight over a nest in the eaves which caused a very noisy squabble about 5.00am this morning.

Finally tonight witnessed for the first time in a field of barley at 150m six Red deer hinds .Their size was noticable compared to our resident roe deer.Red deer seem to coming further and further down the hill onto lower ground.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Another glorious/warm late afternoon/evening - sunset through the window. 

18CA915F-16AD-4476-A319-5F84A563108A.thumb.jpeg.c6442e3fa09521e398d97e881c5c0d46.jpeg

Expecting a maximum of 21C here tomorrow and plenty of sunshine once the early morning mist burns off! 
Much more widespread sunshine throughout Scotland! Risk of some scattered showers breaking out - mainly over higher ground/hills. 
Very cool in some East coast locations - current output showing St Andrews struggling to hit 12C! (Depending on any haar hanging around)

Snapshot for 14:00

FD9454A1-0BE7-4EC7-BC44-8EB8D7BE81D1.thumb.png.d3f4e6db6fc6178ef0be95b7abada77d.pngB716F2A6-C783-4EEF-A80B-F1B5368BB690.thumb.png.26136de79d36f529f76a0e845bbdf60a.png

All the best!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@Mr Frost top temp here today a sweltering 13.5C with stubborn haar expecting around 20C here tomorrow if haar free 

• Like 7

Posted

Gorgeous day, warmest of the year so far with a max of 20.4c.

Very foggy overnight but that cleared early on to leave a sunny morning.

Cloud built up as the morning wore on and by mid afternoon it was mainly overcast, looked like there were some showers over towards the NW.

Cloud dissipating in the evening, allowing a respectable sunset.

Light winds throughout - still warm outside as its currently 13c! 

a.thumb.jpg.f327e828a47e6c3cc3e6a3816c3225fe.jpg

Edit - regarding birds, the feeders are currently being emptied at a quicker rate than during the winter with even Rooks and Wood Pigeons trying to get at them.  That suggests that the cold spring has played havoc on their normal food sources - not read anything so far but I wonder if this has been a disastrous season for upland birds like Grouse. 

We have two bird boxes and both are occupied - there were Blue Tits in one but not seen any activity there in the last few days, and no sign of fledglings.  Other occupied by sparrows and they definitely fledged in the last day or two as the fledglings are very distinctive and noisy in their demands to be fed by their parents from the seed feeder!

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

All in all it's been a very odd year so far innit!

• Like 2

Posted

A carbon copy of yesterday weatherwise here today. Sun broke through early and blue skies all day so far. Just a touch cooler with a max of 17.3C. Currently 15.5C. Like yesterday a few wisps of haar are drifting up the river and from up the hill you can see banks of the stuff out to sea to the South East.

FC65023A-A65A-474A-A5B4-67EF475C689C.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted

Lovely and warm, actually a bit humid and sticky to be fair but fair nicer than the cold dross of previously. Only issue is this is the third day in a row where after a nice morning it’s clouded over. Boring.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

When I got home yesterday I found a bird sunbathing on my lawn. The tits were out. My mate phoned to invite himself down for some beers but my daughter arrived first and took me into protective custody up at the farm, which was fine as it gave me a chance to catch up on the progress of her geese, or Christmas lunch as I like to call them, and out of the eight eggs in the nest on the island in the pond they appear to have successfully brought four chicks through to a state of fluffy yellowness.

Today is very warm and often sunny. Maximum temperature was 22.7deg.C at 13:26 up from a minimum of 7.4deg.C at 05:11, humidity is currently 58% wind is 0 to 3mph south-southeasterly, pressure is 1028.0hPa falling slowly, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 4/8 but variable.

sunbathing bird (2).JPG

tits (2).JPG

geese ahoy_a.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

I hope tomorrow afternoon is better than today. When you have the time to sit out in the garden in afternoon everytime it clouds over. Nice morning though but the cloud started bubbling from 11am. Noticed now they’re bubbling that wee bit more within past hour and perhaps the shower could happen and looks closer to home

• Like 3

Posted

Pitch perfect summer's day and the warmest here for the year so far.

Wall to wall sunshine, max of 22c and a cooling (and strong!) SE breeze during the middle of the day.

That breeze managed to blow over the parasol and the other half never noticed in their slumber.

Roll on an hour of peely-wally scottish skin exposure to the midday sunshine and the lobster look was impressive .  Just as well there was calamine lotion left in the house. 

Wind is now light and still 16c.

• Like 3