Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted

Rain started about 5.00pm and temperature has fallen from 6c to 3.5c currently .See a bit of snow and sleet on radar just inland from here.  Just before dusk the Glencoe webcams were showing heavy snow. Good decision to keep on taking cows in at night.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Temperature has dropped to 3.1deg.C, pressure has dropped to 990.1hPa steady, rainfall has increased to 15.1mm today and the wind has swung round to the north. Oh the excitement...

• Like 7

Posted

I do like a bit of snow and cold weather, but there is a time and a place and it definitely ain't in May...

This says it all, snow in May.

image.thumb.png.01bcc00efd2032e1dbfbef01cf9bee09.png

And for once the weather station is right (up to a point) as in the heavier pulses of rain just now there is the hint of sleet.

Until 6pm it was dry here, if a day of classic grey Aberdeenshire Permagloom™.

Thereafter, constant heavy rain.

Managed to get up to heady heights of 9c as a high today, the wind was light to moderate until picking up this evening, now strong and gusty from the East/Northeast.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Absolutely lashing it down with cold rain, one of those days when the cats make a quick foray to defecate then straight back in to squat by the hearth. They settled down to read the papers and I was astonished to overhear their conversation. All politics. ****** ****** *** ***** *** ********** ******* ** ***.  There you go.

Found mouse droppings under my desk earlier. Cats just too engrossed in grown-up debate to bother with their duties.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Yesterday was brutal. Thoroughly depressing stuff, rain has stopped for now but the cold temperatures remain. Average maximum temperature for Glasgow is 15c I believe, yesterday I think we managed 6c and the forecast for the next 10 days doesn’t even get us close. Can see records tumbling this month unless we get a real heatwave in the last week.

• Like 6

Posted

Lashing it down overnight with splodgy sleet and a low of 2.0C.

Snow line this morning around 350m.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

It was damp on the ground earlier on but is drying up nicely now. Doesn't look like more rain in the short term but we'll see.

Temperature minimum for today was 3.2deg.C at midnight and now up to 7.6deg.C, humidity is 75%, wind 1 to 4mph northwesterly, pressure 1002.2hPa going up like a rocket, there's been 20.8mm of rain in the last 24 hours of which 4.2mm today and although cloud cover is 7/8 it's still reasonably bright.

• Like 5

Posted

Overnight low of 2.1c, heavy rain for most of it as well going by the amount of water in the bucket that was left out.

Surprised that stayed where it did as the wind is strong and gusty from the NE backing N.

Definitely feels like a November (!) day out there with the windchill and a current temperature of just 4.2c.

On different note, the talk of Siberia the other day saw a few idle minutes spent looking at this video, this, and the channel in general, give a real insight into what Siberian cold is really like.  That squeaking noise when walking in the snow! - Siberian Life Link

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 6

Posted

Heavy hail showers and 3c to start the day brighter now but a fresh to strong NNE wind at 6c is making it feel very cold. Going to keep cows going in at night and out t in the morning till at least the weekend but if it  looks like drying up a bit at the weekend and staying dry (Cold or Warm) will put them out   full time then.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and lots of it

Model Temps for Edinburgh. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 1.46.54 PM.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Hail showers rattling against north-east facing windows today, school children scurrying around madly in the street (no coats of course). Cats hiding but I expect they'll appear when I get the stove going. Soon.

• Like 9

Posted

Really heavy hail here! Wild! Freezing too. Horrid stuff! 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
28 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

The property we are looking at is inbetween Newmacher and Inverurie and is approximately 130m asl.. that ought to be good enough for snaw.

My cousin lived in Kemnay and worked in Inverurie for a long time and had some cracking snowfalls over the years, mainly from Northerlies.

Here the sun has come out this afternoon and it feels quite pleasant after a mostly cloudy and showery morning. A cool NE wind though at 9C from an overnight low of 3.9C.

• Like 8

Posted

I'd love to watch CCTV of cows of an evening. Better than watching the tv screensaver when the guinea fowl roost on the satellite dish and block the signal come 8.30pm...

Snow line intact at 350m. Remarkable for May - unusual definitely?

• Like 9