Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

The clouds from earlier this morning have mostly disappeared now leaving yet another sunny day. Spent yesterday evening out in the back garden with a mate drinking beer and shall be repeating that particular pleasure again later, except this time there will be four of us in celebration of our new freedoms.

Temperature maximum so far was 12.2deg.C at 12:30 up from a minimum of -1.6deg.C at 05:46, humidity is 52%, wind 0 to 4mph south-southwesterly, pressure is 1032.3hPa falling slowly, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 1/8. It feels warm in the sun.

• Like 3

Posted

4c first thing this morning.First morning for two weeks without a frost spring barley really greened up overnight. Been fabulous weather for working outside cool so no sweating ,no midges here and no mud so no wellies needed. As far as I am concerned a really nice spring apart from shortage of grass for cattle but as someone born at a time when turnout dates were later have always budgeted for a May turnout . Have actually been selling a bit of excess feed to a neighbour while retaining enough to feed our cattle outside at grasss until the middle  of May.If it stays dry will probably put cattle out full time in about a week.

• Like 8

Posted

Frosts sixty two and sixty three respectively with -3.0 and -2.8°C the last two nights. Quite the run now. Beautiful day at 15.3°C and strong sun. Gone a bit pink with all the outdoors work around the garden. 

• Like 5

Posted

Cracking day. Did cloud in a little bit but loving this weather. I reckon was a tad inaccurate but the temperature in my sister's car was reading 20 degrees earlier at 1 point. Suspect it wasn't as warm as that but another cracking day neither the less

• Like 3

Posted

A nice enough day to head up to my daughter's house for a bit of a natter and some sunbathing. Also to pick up some dinner.

Temperature maxed out at 14.3deg.C at 16:29 up from a minimum of -0.4deg.C at 06:54, humidity now 64%,  wind has been a very light south-southwesterly all day, pressure is 1028.2hPa steady, there's been no rain today and cloud cover has varied from 0/8 to 2/8.

17 April 21 01.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winter/warm dry summer
2 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Took dog to beach about an hour ago  for a clean up after she wallowed in a muddy puddle.Temperature had risen to 16c this afternoon and with a southerly wind the wind was offshore so a beach walk was very pleasant. Not many folks about by midsummer I am sure it will be different.

Bramble thought it was great.20210417_164818.thumb.jpg.012b6ea386fda978ef94136cb68818a8.jpg

Which beach may I ask ? Nairn by any chance ?

Posted

Another lovely day, with a max of 14.9c.

As with previous days, a nagging moderate to gusty SE wind in the afternoon making things feel cooler.

Sun definitely has some strength in it now as the family all have a touch of sunburn after been outside for most of the last few days.

Bit more in the way of cloud today, a sign of the change coming in...

c.thumb.jpg.807a4772b909c0d2df18e062bd38ae1d.jpg

Went over to Stonehaven for a visit, that curtailed quickly due to the lack of parking and crowds everywhere with little social distancing compliance.  It's a bit worrying how many people seem to think that the vaccine is the panacea that ends the situation when the reality is a lot more complicated.  

Headed on down to Inverbervie instead - the beach and walks there are often overlooked, even though it's close to Stonehaven.  Bar a few dog walkers it was pretty much empty, if a bit chilly thanks to the sea breeze.

b.thumb.jpg.3635314b1282952e8bea72d2f6d50504.jpg

a.thumb.jpg.7e4b6fad37e62432ee011bfb1750d474.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
10 hours ago, Wee County Exile said:

Which beach may I ask ? Nairn by any chance ?

A bit further east Burghead

• Like 3

Posted

Took the opportunity of the relaxation in restrictions to get out and about in the Sidlaws yesterday. Beautiful day and felt warm if you could get out of the chilly breeze.

Leuchars figured for April so far show its been very dry (just 0.2mm of rainfall), cold (mean is -3.1c below average) and sunny (162 hours so far). 

6F1DB48C-09CB-4E64-AEC3-36CA46762092.jpeg

D82FE1C5-D155-429A-AF3E-932247600632.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Radar says green, but no rain to be seen... 

Narrowly missed out on air frost with a low of 0.2°C. Looks like a dull day, no wind. 

• Like 6

Posted

Cloud fest today. Had some rain (not very much) not sure if it gonna brighten up or not probably had the heaviest rain we gonna get all week

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winter/warm dry summer

Nice early round of golf earlier at Inchmarlo just outside Banchory. Chilly start but warmed up nicely. Still on winter greens and tees as apparently the course soil temp is still too low to promote much in the way of growth. Course looking bare still and distinct lack of greenery for the time of year.

• Like 5

Posted

Generally overcast but with sunshine bursting through right now. Just the right kind of day to be getting my second jab.

Temperature 11.5deg.C up from a minimum of 4.6deg.C at 05:47, humidity is 66%, wind is 6 to 8mph southerly, pressure is 1023.1hPa steady, there's been no rain so far today and cloud cover is 6/8.

• Like 1

Posted

More sun but also more cloud (must be because the weather front is nearby) pretty warm though and after a cooler blip tomorrow does look like warming up again some of this week does look like we get absolute crackerjacks of days

• Like 4

Posted

Bar yesterday's dose of Permagloom, it's been a cracking week+ period of weather.

Cloudy morning but clear blue skies by lunchtime, this allowing temperatures to rise to 15c.

Combined with the strong sun and light winds, a perfect summer's day.

Garden slowly reviving with the good weather, Primulas & Primroses now in full bloom though unfortunately vine weevils seem to have survived the cold winter and enjoyed murdering a few of those in the process. 

image.thumb.png.16748192c4a0aaf6dc3a863c28eeca82.png

Was chatting with some of the neighbours and we've all noticed the complete lack of any bats or hedgehogs so far, usually see them at the end of March so running very late.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Fabulous weather, nice cool mornings and hot days. My garden is slowly taking shape too, I put a lot of roses in but I have to show you my apple tree. Never in my life had an apple tree!! Neighbour says it is two trees grafted. One with sweet green apples and the other huge side pink ones.

APPLETREE.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Any "Rain" has disintergrated think most of it didn't even touch the ground to be honest sun's back out

• Like 4

Posted

My second jab yesterday was painless, over in a flash and had no after effects whatsoever. All in all a very positive experience. The consultation with my respiratory consultant today, well, not so much. Hey ho on we go. Meanwhile it's dry but overcast and reasonably mild here.

Maximum temperature today was 13.9deg.C at 15:49 and the minimum was 6.0deg.C at 05:57, current humidity is 71%, wind is 0 to 2mph northerly, pressure is 1021.6hPa steady, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 8/8.

Garden's looking great @mardatha.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

From the July 2015 storm on an old camcorder image.thumb.png.492fd9d3d1b5d0063538079636b5949c.png image.thumb.png.108976ca286abae408be4f003c4936b8.pngimage.thumb.png.9bcf51f05082565d2719619ba1820233.pngimage.thumb.png.96d8dd756e6cc501d0bdd7c547500166.png

• Like 3

Posted

A nice drop of rain this morning for the last sown field of  spring barley and grass . Cleared this afternoon to brighter  skies cooler conditions 9c and a sprinkling of wintry looking showers coming in on  a NW wind off the Firth.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and lots of it

Can anyone help me put into context just how dry this April has been relative to recent years?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
3 hours ago, metallikat34 said:

Can anyone help me put into context just how dry this April has been relative to recent years?

Not officially, but anecdotally this morning was the first rain I can think we've had here this month. Well needed too, as walking the dog recently I've seen several dust devils spinning up from the forest tracks.

• Like 5

Posted

Winter returns, well the winter coat at least as it was decidedly chilly on this evenings walk.

Wet first thing then the cloud cleared as the day wore on to leave a fine evening....

a.thumb.jpg.052b80fd858097bc94dbb67a81b009cd.jpg

Max of 9c, currently 5c and dropping; generally light winds.

• Like 7