Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted

-2c start to the day and another dusting.Ground basically dry again with another wind driven penetrating frost.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

As mentioned above, a top up overnight re-covering many of the areas the sun had cleared yesterday. Luckily my daffs hadn't really started to flower yet, but I'm sure there will be some damage done to emerging vegetation.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
On 05/04/2021 at 01:19, Klippie said:

I knew right away by the sound it was making that it wasn’t rain being blown against the windows it was wee bits of ice and snow...sure enough the tops of the cars are getting white...

Snow in April...it’s many many years since I’ve seen that, the last time must have been in the 90’s...I was at Knockhill for the bike racing and a whiteout appeared from the north west and wiped out the days racing...I remember it being exceptionally cold that day ( normal Knockhill weather is just cold )

We used to go to Knockhill and I still midn how bloody cold it was!

• Like 3

Posted

Overnight low of -2.3c, currently -1.0c.

Prolonged heavy snow showers with brief interludes of sunshine.

Strong N/NW wind with vicious windchill.

About 2.5cm of lying snow.

Winter/Spring of 2020-2021 is going to be one of the memorable ones.

• Like 8

Posted

Another dry and sunny day here although still feeling mightily cold in that stiff northerly wind.  No flakes here but wouldn’t have expected any. Nice to see some snow pics again in what must be the last gasp of winter. Got to say that by 6th April, I am looking for some spring warmth. 

Latest snow I remember here in recent years was on 4th April. Although I do remember going to my standard grade geography exam in snow in mid May in the 1990s. 

• Like 8

Posted

Blizzard  like shower on just now started of with large hail now blowing powdery snow. 0c Much more potent looking showers across the Firth this morning.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

No lying snow down here but certainly has been snow and hail showers which is very rare for so late on (down here anyway). 

Currently 5c with frequent showers of a frozen persuasion. Sun feels strong when sheltered.

Can confirm the daffodils are very much still alive here.

Was up near Sanquhar last night running some errands and took the opportunity to go over the hills, this was the view between Crawfordjohn and Leadhills. Was 0c at 7pm up there, typically 4/5c colder than down here.

E4C24906-255B-4FE5-9202-8E76C9710357.jpeg

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winter/warm dry summer
26 minutes ago, SW Saltire said:

No lying snow down here but certainly has been snow and hail showers which is very rare for so late on (down here anyway). 

Currently 5c with frequent showers of a frozen persuasion. Sun feels strong when sheltered.

Can confirm the daffodils are very much still alive here.

Was up near Sanquhar last night running some errands and took the opportunity to go over the hills, this was the view between Crawfordjohn and Leadhills. Was 0c at 7pm up there, typically 4/5c colder than down here.

E4C24906-255B-4FE5-9202-8E76C9710357.jpeg

A real day of contrasts so far today here - bright blue skies followed by sudden whiteout conditions and then back to blue skies again. No doubts the sun is getting stronger as the freshly accumulated snow is quickly melted away unless in the shade. Fascinating to watch. 
Had an exhilarating run along the old deeside railway earlier - makes you feel alive running in a blizzard.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Yet another beautiful day with almost clear sky, bright sunshine and the wind has dropped. Still cold though.

Temperature 6.2deg.C up from a minimum of -3.3deg.C at 05:15, humidity is 45%, wind 3 to 6mph northwesterly with a maximum gust of 14mph at 13:02, pressure is 1023.1hPa falling slowly, no precipitation in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is 1/8 and the dew point is at -5deg.C.

• Like 2

Posted

Two beefy-ish showers of graupel and snow - turned the world white briefly. My guinea fowl stuck their heads under their feathers in protest.

Last night was fifty third air frost at -3.7C.

• Like 6

Posted

Still odd showers of hail and snow , colder today snow and frost still lying in the shade sparkling fairly chilly for April.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Very cold in the gusts that come with the showers - a morning hobble lasted about 30 mins.  Ducks, geese, swans hiding their heads under their wings from the graupel down by the water. Daffs look fkd. In fact, pretty well anything that was flowering a couple of days ago is now greeting. Winter can do one, I want to be out without having to dress up like Amundsen.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Just had a flurry of powder snow here, didn't even last sixty seconds, in fact I could probably have captured the entire thing in a jam jar if the wind hadn't caught it and blown it back up into the sky.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Couple of snowy flurries, currently 7.0C / -7.4DP lows were -0.5C / -7.9DP the front looks delayed by quite a bit, now shown to be moving across Scotland later tomorrow and as the low to our north moves east could be a squall line for Thursday ? 

• Like 7

Posted

Evening all,

Similar day to yesterday mostly sunny and breezy but there was a brief flurry of snow early this afternoon in St Andrews. Another air frost with a low of -1c and the max 5.4c here in Pittenweem.

@Kirkcaldy Weather Dew point got down to -9c this afternoon at Leuchars.

• Like 5