Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Well this is disappointing came on assuming someone would have posted charts etc to show what was headed our way , gonna need to go look myself... Certainly a cold wind today but the kids just laughed as radio mentioned snow... Its not winter dad how could it snow they ask 

Edited by edo
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

I wonder who will be first with the snaw pictures  

• Like 4

Posted

Temperature fell from 7to 3c in last hour  after a squally shower Showers to the north now look full of snow with them taking on a yellow colour

• Like 6

Posted
28 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

I wonder who will be first with the snaw pictures

I suspect we've all a fair idea who it'll not be  

I'm conflicted! As much as I love snow, yesterday was a beautiful spring day, today was a bit lemon! Not expecting much here as it's not a great setup locally and our luck was used up by the end of Feb!!

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 6

Posted
8 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I'm conflicted! As much as I love snow, yesterday was a beautiful spring day, today was a bit lemon! Not expecting much here as it's not a great setup locally and our luck was used up by the end of Feb!!

I think you had about 5 winters worth this winter.. thats your lot until about 2024..

• Like 8

Posted
1 minute ago, Mair Snaw said:

I think you had about 5 winters worth this winter.. thats your lot until about 2024..

I'll give you that. It was ridiculous really

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, MildCarlilse said:

You are not far along the road from my Gran's croft.

Here a gusty cool wind but temps still +10C. Just an odd spit and spot if rain in the wind.

• Like 5

Posted

And thats the first signs of sleet in the shower here now..actually thats more sleet than anything else now.. mon the snaw..

• Like 8

Posted

Proper flakes now... big fat flakes too. Blizzards almost. I love the snaw.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

2.5C here, which is a 7C drop in the last 3 hours. Heavy drizzle has a sleety element to it and wind has definitely ramped up despite it already being a breezy day.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and lots of it
1 hour ago, edo said:

Well this is disappointing came on assuming someone would have posted charts etc to show what was headed our way , gonna need to go look myself... Certainly a cold wind today but the kids just laughed as radio mentioned snow... Its not winter dad how could it snow they ask 

It is Easter after all! But I am also a bit out of season with my winter/snow forecasting. Here is a tweet that might fill your needs

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and lots of it
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Just too dry! Impressive cold, but it may be so dry that even the highest peaks of the Pentlands don't see anything as well. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Little section of -10 DPs early tomorrow then wide area of -8 then -9s really is going to be interesting to see the dewpoint readings I can’t remember exact but I think this years and 2018s beasts had -8 or a bit below DPs here DF5623EA-E927-44CD-838A-E502E08A1411.thumb.png.cd99b892065c79cd688c95fc344b2fb6.png95E03256-2E58-4A96-AF99-9947664CF57A.thumb.png.8c049d9a7ca02d7b0d80de27c5e67f5e.png14F23E5A-DC9E-4EB3-B5B8-1AACBFE1D9DB.thumb.png.6b5b7497a21c1512bdca112f3f88bc6d.png

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Fires on here but still 6 degrees according to the car. Not expecting any snow locally, worrying about all those poor lambs. These guys are in the fields behind the house. Now off to scroll back through all the posts as have been awol for a few weeks. 

DSC_2410.JPG

FB_IMG_1617567446209.jpg

FB_IMG_1617567461856.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, Mair Snaw said:

Slush starting to form on the decking, at this rate i might have a covering in the morning..

8 hours ago you weren't expecting any snow, ha ha... I think most of N Scotland will be plastered..

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 minute ago, Mair Snaw said:

Snaw is even starting to stick here now.. skylights filling in and the patio is white...

Ground's way too warm here so just wet but hopefully by morning it could be different... Variable amounts of snow blowing around but not thick at any point so far.

• Like 9