Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted

Yes road sign on  A96  outside Sainsburys at Nairn stating a yellow warning in place for snow and ice from late Sunday. Young Mr Northernlights finished rolling grass while Mr and Mrs Northernlights did a bit of weeding in the garden on  a beautiful day

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Northernlights said:

Yes road sign on  A96  outside Sainsburys at Nairn stating a yellow warning in place for snow and ice from late Sunday. Young Mr Northernlights finished rolling grass while Mr and Mrs Northernlights did a bit of weeding in the garden on  a beautiful day

Well, that makes far more sense than the one I saw on the A82, just out of the Sneck, one Christmas -- DON'T DRINK AND DRINK!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Lambs are appearing in the fields around here now also. Poor wee things probably think that the world is a place of gin clear skies and bright sunshine flooding their green pastures. They're in for a bit of a shock tomorrow, methinks. In the meantime it has remained cloudless and sunny all day with a maximum temperature of 13.1deg.C at 16:45, just the thing for coffee out the back at the farm and beers out the back at home. Oh, and a bit of fishing in between. Lovely day again.

the lone chicken.jpg

03 April 21 01.jpg

03 April 21 02.jpg

03 April 21 03.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Saw the first bat of the year just now.  You have to wonder how many creatures emerging hungry will make it through the next few days.

• Like 4

Posted

You don’t have to travel from your door to get a great view in this country. Home safely and an evening beer in the sun. More please! 

0DF04BDD-0195-4F30-8672-1CED22B360CD.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted
10 hours ago, chemikal said:

You don’t have to travel from your door to get a great view in this country. Home safely and an evening beer in the sun. More please! 

0DF04BDD-0195-4F30-8672-1CED22B360CD.jpeg

Is that Arran and Bute?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Ah well, three glorious spring days are now coming to a close! It's cloudy and breezy here, rain/sleet/hail due much later on. I doubt we'll get much in the way of snow which is fine by me. Spent quite a bit of time yesterday chopping logs and kindling and laying cardboard on the veg patch paths. Anything to avoid digging weeds! I daresay we'll have bings o' snaw piccies on here within the next few days. Keep 'em coming folks, keep 'em coming! 

• Like 5

Posted

Fifty first air frost at -0.5°C. Sunflower sowing today. Indoors of course! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Wow what a difference a few hours makes.. was beautiful here this morning, warm and very calm. Now its ??? and the snaw is on its way i can smell it in the air..❄❄❄. Im still not convinced i will see much in the way of snaw on the ground but happy to be proven wrong.. happy easter all.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Glorious day yesterday helping first sun tan of the year but today howling gale now gusting 48mph light drizzle type rain swirling through with an abundance of rainbows, current temperature 7.7c.  New webcam set up in the field but have been defeated so far in actually getting the damn thing to connect to the cloudkey in the office.  Watch this space.....

• Like 5

Posted

been awoken from my hibernation a bit early this year. Hope everyone is well. Currently 13c on my garden thermo, but it's coming. Kinda hard to believe, but temps dropping fast further north now. Be interesting to see what comes by the morning. Gave the birds double helpings this morning, poor buggers in for a shock! 

• Like 5

Posted
6 hours ago, scott125 said:

Is that Arran and Bute?

It is. It is taken from the Fairlie Moor Road which runs to Dalry. I discovered this road in the early 1990’s when I used to cycle from Hamilton to my friend’s house in Fairlie. Well worth seeking out but watch out for sheep on the single track road. 

• Like 6

Posted

Temperature is now dropping.. 12c about an hour ago.. now just got to 10c.. and first shower is in. The wind has got stronger it feel really cold out. Gonna be a fascinating few days for sure. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Bit dryer here now with gusty wind eased slightly and is edging nw side of west with a temperatures dropping away now.  4.8c

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Thought I'd get a few tabs organised for weather watching for the next few hours or days. Lol. Wunderground website usability seems to have deteriorated and is now utter pants. Trafficscotland website seems designed to discourage you from looking at more than one location.  

Can anyone suggest any useful weather links?

Currently 10C and the wind seems to be easing somewhat - it was a pretty good gale a couple of hours ago.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Out on my bike on the moors out by Eaglesham earlier. Blowing and absolute hoolie it was. The wind got noticeably colder when I was out there too. 

Saw a farmer bringing sheep and cows in, I’m presuming because of the approaching cold? Also lots of new born lambs about.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

The weather word for today would be windy; it's been overcast since dawn but not dull, it's been chilly but not cold and it's been dry with just a hint of a smir a couple of times in the last hour, but throughout it's been windy. 

Temperature currently 8.3deg.C down from a maximum of 10.1deg.C at 14:10 and up from a minimum of 1.2deg.C at 01:53, humidity is 80%, wind has dropped now to 2 to 5mph but was 10 to 15mph earlier and is moving from a southwesterly towards a westerly, pressure is 1019.8hPa dropping like a stone, there's been 0.2mm of rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 4

Posted

Really heavy shower padsing through now wind even stronger and temp is now 8c...

• Like 3

Posted

Temperature currently down to 0c  at sea level in Shetland .Its coming south

• Like 4

Posted

Down to 5c now... thats 7c in 3 hours.

• Like 4

Posted

Impressive drop in temperature in the last 30mins from 10.9c to 7.1c, and still falling.  Light rain showers accompanying this.  Going to be a interesting few days of weather.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Thought I'd get a few tabs organised for weather watching for the next few hours or days. Lol. Wunderground website usability seems to have deteriorated and is now utter pants. Trafficscotland website seems designed to discourage you from looking at more than one location.  

Can anyone suggest any useful weather links?

Currently 10C and the wind seems to be easing somewhat - it was a pretty good gale a couple of hours ago.

It's really annoying for easy webcam views. 

Windy has a few good ones and can see weather conditions too. The more you zoom in the more pop up:

socialshare3.jpg
WWW.WINDY.COM

Wind map and weather forecast

Also this but a bit limited.

Temp down from 12c to just under 7c in 45 mins. 

Edited by thebigyin
  • Like 3