Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted

Absolutely stunning morning! First proper frost for a good while, blue sky, sunny, calm and -2c. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

As @Mr Frost noted, look at the 850 temps on Iceland on Sunday. You don't have to, I look for you:   -22C, and it'll be snowing a fair bit too.

Nuts. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

What a gorgeous day! Just been out for a walk around the village, or maybe I should say a procession as every man, woman, child and dog for miles around seemed to have the same idea. Perfect conditions though; cloudless sky, bright sunshine and not too warm. Lovely.

Temperature currently 12.8deg.C (maximum for the day so far) up from a minimum of -2.4deg.C at 06:50, frost melted by 10:00, humidity 52%, wind 1 to 3mph north-northeasterly, pressure is 1036.6hPa steady, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 0/8.

• Like 5

Posted

Cold start, +0.6c in Pittenweem but -3c at Leuchars. Sun has gone and then returned and it’s milder today at 11c. Tomorrow looks very pleasant before the cold air sweeps in. Should make for stunning skies!

• Like 6

Posted

Forty ninth air frost at -4.2°C. Beautiful day then turned grey an hour ago. 

PXL_20210402_144946623.jpg

Still some muirburn to be seen high up over by Dollar Law. 

• Like 6

Posted

Sub 510 dam air forecast for northern third of mainland Scotland Monday, first time this 'season', quite remarkable for 5 April. Possible record daytime low maxes about to arrive.

• Like 8

Posted

Warm in the sun today and looking slightly warmer tomorrow so motorbike trip followed by an evening beer in the garden is on the cards.

I can contribute to the tree stories of late. Thankfully these trees don’t impact our house. They were big when we moved in 20 years ago but they were getting huge. 

First photo is from the 22nd of January 2019 so these have had two years growth since then. Thought I’d include a photo that included snaw for those up north who might get some over the weekend. 

The rest of the photos are from yesterday & today. Watching the tree surgeons has been quite mesmerising while I’m trying to work from home. Their methods and abseiling skills are very impressive. 

DA7E9307-AA71-4B67-8452-921720F2A1E6.jpeg

EACCD285-6E87-4C4A-BCA0-031BF771BE91.jpeg

3E18552C-2083-48D8-9EC1-5442B4ABFFA7.jpeg

D9444AC3-6030-47BF-B6EE-B17922D52269.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Did cloud in eventually but today was really quite nice. Tomorrow looks like an absolute crackerjack of a day. Better enjoy it though.....................

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winter/warm dry summer
4 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Did somebody mention Snaw?? Sounds like fun for some.. sadly for me still stuck in Ellon so probably miss out.  In other news house is Sauchen didnt work out but we are viewing another in Westhill next week.  140m asl.. think that'll work for me.. Happy Easter all.

Westhill catches the snow for sure

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
On 29/03/2021 at 15:54, Northernlights said:

I think all livestock numbers are back a bit this year but a lot of sheep are bought in to lamb and then turned out with their lambs  24 hours later so may still be inside waiting to lamb.Sheep were always thought to be most at risk of price collapse with loss of French market but instead are surging to record levels . Cattle are fairly strong too.My own theorey is that since  the UK has irritated most  of the world with  its behaviour we are the last place they will sell food too.Lots of Australian  and New Zealand meat is heading for China these days .We are only 60% self sufficient in food and have to import the rest. I think the story this year will be one of rising food prices as grain has firmed in price since the New Year.Milk / pigs and poultry are not so strong  for various reasons less hospitality .less cheese exports and bigger production units in UK to supply  markets. Its all about supply and demand.

Sorry NL, I had missed this. Very interesting, thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Nice morning but getting cloudy now. Was a sparkly white frost first thing.

ANCRUM2.jpg

ANCRUM3.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Another sparkling morning with clear sky and bright sunshine. Temperature has even risen into double figures. Time to be out and about.

Temperature 10.4deg.C up from a minimum of -1.2deg.C at 07:12, humidity is 64%, wind is 0 to 5mph south-southeasterly, pressure is 1037.7hPa steady, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 0/8.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely sunny day though onshore wind keeping things cool, just 6.3c in my back garden.

• Like 2

Posted

Fabulous day for rolling grass.20210403_124554.thumb.jpg.b878a61f5ce814a84dc77b3e229973f5.jpg

Daffodils in full bloom on south facing dykes of farm road but ones on north facing dykes not quite there yet.20210403_124534.thumb.jpg.f055fb8b43a871bed4ca0f2c99c47080.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Another crystal clear day, low of -1c and a high of 13c.

Very pleasant in the sunshine

B12420E1-07BA-47C7-A113-3382B1A3CD3D.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Cracking day! Not a cloud all day and feeling very pleasant hitting a high of 15c! 

• Like 4

Posted

An absolutely gin clear sparkling spring day. And from no lambs in fields four days ago to  thousands of them everywhere today, the countryside is alive with cuteness! 

-2.3°C last night. My FIFTIETH air frost. Hurrah. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

No air frost here last night with a min of 0.4C. Sunny all day with a max of 12.9C which felt warm enough with just a light breeze. Got a bit of gardening done before the colder spell arriving from later tomorrow. Still expect it to be mainly dry here as shown with the yellow warning stopping as usual in a Northerly in Northern Angus and Highland Perthshire.

• Like 5