Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted

Had a couple of showers since the main rain went through both of hail

• Like 8

Posted

Had showers of everything here in the last few hours, temperature like a yo-yo between 3.5 and 7.5C all day. Quite an icy covering at lunchtime - slushy hail soup puddles.

Cats unimpressed.

• Like 8

Posted

Yep, back to wintry showers here too with hail, sleet and snow. Roll on some summer heat and storms! 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Mostly sunny for me on my pre lunch walk today though caught the edge of a shower. Sunny overhead though but clouds in the distance to the NW. Looked more showery towards NE Fife (2nd photo)and even more so towards Craigowl the highest of the Sidlaws where it looked wintry.Since then a couple of brief hail showers here. Currently sunny at 6.6C

12C99E87-5EBF-4A7B-9678-EAF304B68EF4.jpeg

3E9D9B7F-1A98-4683-A80A-D506D4B0B476.jpeg

52FF1AFF-B670-4529-9F24-F15247A9E9CD.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

image.thumb.png.7d04c5c688bddbee220dc7072bcbdc7f.png  I missed the brief blizzard a few mins ago. This is just a screengrab of a livestream from ehe Valley of the Eunuchs. Not bad for a few days - they reckon this might go on for quite a while...

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A couple of pics here from Highland Perthshire shows the snow line at about 250 to 300 metres near Lochs Rannoch and Tay.

837DE020-8AD0-477B-BD74-919B1D74A594.png

F4FCA033-3DE0-4F1B-B9FF-F51C4644A502.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We had a decent day yesterday with just a couple of hail showers. Now a gorgeous sunny cold morning with wall to wall blue sky. Hope it lasts but doubt it.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and lots of it

Down to 34.7F for a low last night! Coldest reading since March 6th.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Snow on them thar hills! Temp dropped to 2.1c overnight, now we have bits of sunshine and clouds but I know the rain isn't very far away. Interesting drive into Portree yesterday. Drove through rain, sleet and hail and there was a covering on the roads in Portree so a wee bit slippy underfoot. However, an hour and a half later it was gone and I enjoyed a walk in the sunshine, all the time keeping an eye on the clouds which were building up. Looks more promising during the week. Be nice to get out for a walk without getting wet! 

• Like 7

Posted

Dry (for the moment) but cloud is building and the next wall of water isn't that far away

• Like 5

Posted

After a bright frosty start today has been rather nondescript. Cloudy with a westerly breeze and rather cool at 8C. Min this morning was 1C. The swans seemed to be enjoying it though but the ducks were keeping well away at the other side of the pond.

Following the recent indications of a cold snap next weekend I saw quite a few comments about there being more likelihood of snow at Easter than at Christmas. My birthday (today) sometimes falls on Easter weekend when it is early but I can say that where I have lived I have seen proper lying snow much more frequently at Christmas over the years than at Easter or my birthday. Slightly different stats with falling snow which doesn't lie for long though. My daughter whose birthday lies earlier in the month (12th) tells a different story with around the same number of lying snow days on both dates in her lifetime.

90546751-228F-4DF4-AFAE-A50180E772B6.jpeg

A7D787A9-D7D9-419A-A26F-A1FC9362E8A8.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Was a wild night here too 101_North. Horrible. now breezy and raining. Bleugh.

• Like 5

Posted

In a lunchtime Teams meeting with colleagues who were bemoaning the sleet and hail showers they were getting, I stupidly boasted about how lovely it was on Deeside with blue skies all morning. Meeting finished and I turned around to be be met with sleet showers of my own - me and my big mouth! High of 11.3c, dropping to a low of 3.7c at midnight.

Temperature continued falling from midnight, dropping to -1.0c at 4.50am before rising quickly to 12.3c at 10.05am.  Yesterday was a fairly decent day if slightly chilly in the wind.  Had a trip out along Feughside to drop off documents at a farmer client's and car was showing 11c which co-incides with a slight drop around lunchtime from my weather station.    Didn't really fall much throughout the afternoon, starting to drop from around 2pm as the cloud cover increased, ending the day at 7.3c.

After overnight rain, woke to blue skies and a cool breeze.  Dulled down a bit now but temperatures holding up around 11.5c.  If nothing else, it's nice to see the daffodil heads bobbling around in the breeze, reminding me that now BST is here, I can look forward to longer days to get outside get work done in the garden.

In other news, @Hairy CeltI've had to take myself off Twitter as it's all doing my nut in, don't know what to think except that I'm still Aye!

• Like 8

Posted

Pretty wet at the moment here with a gusty wind. Temps have been increasing and now up to 12.5C .  Can see some flooding up in the Highlands with the heavy rain and snow melt.

• Like 4

Posted

A bit of hazy sunshine in the morning but cloud building up all day until a few outbreaks of light rain in the evening.

That rain accompanied by a steady rise in temperature and wind velocity, now a stiff breeze outside.

Currently 11c and rising quickly. 

Just a few minutes ago it was 10.8c and the backup Lidl weather station kindly informed me to expect snow outside 

image.thumb.png.7d2317f79c05f137bfaeab054aa32db5.png

• Like 4

Posted

Quinach I sort of miss my possessed Polish weather station now

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Miserable weekend! And it's still tipping down! I'm looking forward to the promise of some sun from mid-week onwards and then for Easter ...... well! 

h850t850eu.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Easter you say 

Screenshot_20210329-101315_Twitter.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Warmest day of the year, and it's only 10:20am!

A impressive 15.8c already accompanied by a moderate SW wind and copious amounts of sunshine.

• Like 4