Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Mostly sunny again here today and with a max of 13.8C just tipped yesterday for a new yearly high. Just a gentle breeze too.

• Like 5

Posted

Fine spring day bright sunshine and 11c.  Bulbs getting moving now .Ground drying up. Grass fields starting to green up.

• Like 4

Posted

After another cloudy start it did quickly brighten up. Actually feels really quite warm today

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Wow! Three sunny days in a row!

Temperature 15.2deg.C up from a minimum of 3.7deg.C at 00:24, humidity 71%, wind 0 to 2mph west-northwesterly, pressure is 1033.6hPa falling slowly, there's been no rain in the last 24 hours and the thin cloud cover earlier has now almost entirely burnt off leaving just traces of high wispy stuff.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

That fist day of real Spring! Sunny with the first real warmth of the year here.
Currently 17.3C which is the highest of the year by almost 4C and still rising.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

16.9c here, lovely sunshine with very little wind. Third cracking day in a row

472299BF-23CD-4F4D-B15D-197F24B80E27.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A sunny 14/15C here early this afternoon, but a stiff, blustery wind at times. Still feeling very pleasant and comfortable outside in just a T-shirt and light fleece.

• Like 8

Posted

Phwaoor what a scorcher. 16.0C.

• Like 7

Posted

A day that beats many a summer's day ?️

Max of 15.1c, so another record breaker, and plenty of sunshine.

Most of the cloud being of the picturesque high altitude variety.

Only downside is the very gutsy moderate to strong NW wind, so to enjoy the day at its best you do need to be in some shelter from it.

Snag_2db6a3.thumb.png.2694eeb4fc62241832f2a14e230c53e7.png

Snag_2de41b.thumb.png.5d9da1e644db16e139062ae7f375956f.png

Crocuses and Irises responding to the sunshine, quite a strong scent off the former as well - Bumblebee's taking advantage of them (first sighting of those this year).

image.thumb.png.678504dc12360a3de937f5079a79f853.png

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 8

Posted

Beautiful spring day. Managed 15.6c here in Pittenweem which is more like June than March. Meanwhile I see Leuchars hit the heights of 18c and Dundee Riverside 19c!. 

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
4 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Beautiful spring day. Managed 15.6c here in Pittenweem which is more like June than March. Meanwhile I see Leuchars hit the heights of 18c and Dundee Riverside 19c!. 

Hadn’t looked at the temp but got to 21C here and plenty other stations around Edinburgh the same ☀️ 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Outdoor naps 2021 count: 2

Another lovely day. Almost warm with a slight breeze being a bit of a spoiler, but nice out of the breeze and in the sun. I just have to adjust the location of the comfy chair slightly through the day.

• Like 7

Posted

Maxed at18.0C which makes this the warmest day since 18th Sept 2020.
A bit more cloud tomorrow will keep the temp down a bit then generally cooler after Saturday so this may be the warmest for a good while.

• Like 6

Posted

Top temps from official stations. Not often Riverside right up there.

928E1973-E711-473E-A3B7-12A914B6917F.png

• Like 7

Posted
19 minutes ago, Sanserit said:

What a cracker of a day on Deeside. There’s been a light breeze and some patchy broken cloud but definitely the best day of the week so far. It was lovely being able to sit put earlier and also being able to take the dogs for a walk without needing a jacket, even by the river which can often be cooler at this time of year.

I think I need to relocate my weather station as it’s positioned at just over 2m over gravel and a high of 20c was recorded against other local stations recording highs of between 15.5c and 16.5c. Finding a suitable new location will be my next challenge.

I had the same problem with trying to find somewhere suitable for the temp sensor.  Unfortunately the sensor (cheapo far east crap) gave up before I got round to building a stevenson screen that would have gone in the middle of the grassy bit I no longer call the lawn.

• Like 9

Posted
14 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

I had the same problem with trying to find somewhere suitable for the temp sensor.  Unfortunately the sensor (cheapo far east crap) gave up before I got round to building a stevenson screen that would have gone in the middle of the grassy bit I no longer call the lawn.

Having read online reviews (before finding the relevant post on here) I thought I was safe buying a Youshiko, obviously not 

Being Scottish, I’m loathe to get rid of it and spend even more money

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sanserit said:

Having read online reviews (before finding the relevant post on here) I thought I was safe buying a Youshiko, obviously not 

Being Scottish, I’m loathe to get rid of it and spend even more money

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Very true.

In other news, my blue envelope arrived today, getting the vaccine next Wednesday. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

That was really pleasant today. Can it stay like this right through to summer please?

• Like 7